[The Seven Deadly Sins] OOC Thread

[QUOTE="Seeker of the End]During the game. I'll pm you about it later.

[/QUOTE]
Cool deal. I see that we have one Lunar, two Solars, and three Infernals so far. Are there other players that we're still waiting for?

I really need to pull out my Infernals book and read up on them more. I hardly know what everyone is talking about with the references to Devil-Tigers and all that.

The "Devil Tiger" thing isn't in MoEP Infernals, but rather the Broken-Winged Crane, the Infernal "expansion pack" book, if you will. Essentially, it's a series of high-essence charms that give you in-character license to homebrew an entirely new Charmset.

Sherwood said:
Cool deal. I see that we have one Lunar, two Solars, and three Infernals so far. Are there other players that we're still waiting for?
Three Solars, you mean. Snake's making a Twilight. We're still waiting on Shep for a bio.

I don't want to be sound like an asshole, but I'm going to give all of you a warning. I really don't want my game to die, so I'm going to expect all of players to post at least once a day. If you can't keep up I might be forced to take control of your character if you can't make it. Is that alright with you all? Thanks.

SephirothSage said:
And, In Lore, you become a new Primordial, I believe- right?
Well, it's complicated. Technically, you become something new, a Primordial/Human hybrid, with strengths of both and the weaknesses of neither. The actual Yozi "Patron" as such doesn't really exist except in potential.

To put it more concretely, no giant red-dragon wealth-obsessed Yozi appeared in Malfeas when Viktor learned Triumphant Howl of the Devil Tiger; Viktor is currently the only being who knows any Baal-Shazash charms, and hasn't even learned all the low-Essence ones that are possible yet.

Such a being as Baal-Shazash, a full Primordial devoid of humanity, could only ever exist if Viktor dies, and the next person to inherit his Exaltation reaches Essence 10 and takes Baal-Shazash Cosmic princople.

Not a problem- though, I'll average posting in the afternoon/evening.

And I see.... what if /you/ reach Essence Ten, and take your own Cosmic Principle?

[QUOTE="Seeker of the End]I don't want to be sound like an asshole, but I'm going to give all of you a warning. I really don't want my game to die, so I'm going to expect all of players to post at least once a day. If you can't keep up I might be forced to take control of your character if you can't make it. Is that alright with you all? Thanks.

[/QUOTE]
For short periods, yes. It shouldn't be a problem for me, though I won't be able to post at all times of the day, since I have a 9-5 job (EST).

Sounds fine to me. I am looking forward to a game that won't fizzle out in the first few rounds. Too many of the ones I've joined seem to have done that.

I have a thing about people controlling my character, but for short periods of time and for keeping the scene moving, I can allow it.

And hey- if you need to take control of my Charachter, Fair enough- just dont, y'know.. fuck me over. xD .

But yeah- I trust you fully, and your the GM Besides.

SephirothSage said:
Not a problem- though, I'll average posting in the afternoon/evening.
And I see.... what if /you/ reach Essence Ten, and take your own Cosmic Principle?
Taking Triumphant Howl explicitly forbids you from taking Cosmic Principle.

Ahhhh, I see. Makes sense- two different paths to the same levle of power, type thing..?

That is- Cosmic Principle, makes you become a primordial- whereass the Howl of hte Devil TIger, leads to face of the titan, where you become... something of similar power, but not the same type of being?

Pretty much. You become individualized, more morally sound, and as an added bonus you don't have a fetich soul for people to charge at.

Yeah, pretty much. The only real advantages of taking Cosmic Principle over Triumphant Howl are a 1,000 mote personal pool, and adapting other Yozi charms to your own set. The second one is kind of a wash though, since with Howl, you can still learn Charms from all the Reclamation Yozis, as well as being able to take actions that aren't strictly defined by your Excellency, conceive of ideas outside that one narrow view of the world, and have an actual dicepool while doing so, not to mention lacking a Fetcich soul and existing as a normal but fairly powerful ghost instead of a tortured Neverborn if someone does kill you (check RotSE; Yozi Eternal Essence is not locked behind Cosmic Principle!).

If the game runs long enough to get to that level of power, I will probably make a mess in my pants. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back