• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Sauntering Seagull (restaurant style role play~)

EricSings

I'd rather be in the jungle. <3
On a hot summer day, a fifty-nine-year-old woman by the name of Gloria Smith visited the wondrous beaches of Miami Beach, Florida. She was on vacation with her husband, Harold, for their fifteenth anniversary in celebration of their marriage. Whilst sun-bathing in her new magenta bathing suit and matching sunhat, a seagull approached the couple in a memorable fashion. Both her and her husband were debating on what to spend their funds on, and to their surprise, this one seagull inspired them to open a restaurant. After their month long vacation, they returned to San Diego, California to open up a seafood restaurant named The Sauntering Seagull.

Unfortunately, after her restaurant had been opened for ten years, Gloria past away due to certain health complications. Harold now owns the restaurant by himself, and does well concealing his sadness through hard work.

Links: CHARACTER FORMS
OUT OF CHARACTER CHAT

Setting: It is almost autumn in the year 2018. The Sauntering Seagull is a large establishment, built with brick and adorned with pillars that have flower vines wrapping around them. The store inside has maroon-colored carpeting, and tables are dark wood with coral-colored seating. It features a stylish layout, and has one of the fanciest bars in all of California. There are exquisite paintings on the wall, and also several marine tanks with unique marine life. The renowned Hotel del Coronado is right next door, both buildings connected to the sands of Coronado Beach. (Hotel del Coronado is indeed on the beach, but my made-up restaurant is not. Just pointing this out.)

Plot: This is a casual role play based around our characters lives and how their personal dilemmas begin to impact their work performances. While our characters are all diverse, there is a part of them that enjoys working for one of the most popular restaurants of San Diego. We will follow our characters through the streets of San Diego as they have fun adventures, experience heartache, and do their best to survive in San Diego.

Will our characters pull it together and put aside their differences to continue working for The Sauntering Seagull?

(My ideas typically lack that additional spark to make them even more appealing. I believe we can have fun with our characters, though. xD)

Roles: For this role play, I would like between four and six young people who work as cooks, servers, bartenders, or hosts for the restaurant. They are to be the between the ages of twenty and twenty-five.

Harold is a cute old man who wears glasses. ^^; I will play him when needed.

Rules: Follow RPNation rules, as always~

Last edited:
Would be interested in a cook role! ^_^

I am happy to see people are interested. ^^ I will make our character sheet thread and out of character chat thread tonight~

Accepting only two or three more applicants~

I am thinking of making a male and female if anyone wants to think of relationship ideas. Last night I was thinking one of my characters could be cheating on another character or something. xD I will be thinking about this more as I make my characters, though. <3 I'm way excited!

For some reason, I am only able to view my thread on mobile. It might take me a little longer to make threads, but I am working on it now~

Yes, I'm always looking for reasons to share that.
Count me interested! ^^

EricSings EricSings So, is there any restrictions on the character's backstories other than the age? Also, We will begin already employed or "first day" of sorts?

Gabe Gabe There are no restrictions~ Characters may come from different areas all over the world, but they came to San Diego to some point and found employment at the restaurant.

I'm thinking some characters can be employed there as a permanent job, or a job that helps them get into a different career path. ^^; I will be posting some additional information after my characters are completed.

Also, if you want to make it your characters first day, that works, too.

Cliffspiracy Cliffspiracy graphic_biscuit graphic_biscuit Yes, feel free to post your character forms. I will not be accepting anymore applications, though.

Ella Victoria Ella Victoria Becker Becker xAlter xAlter Eden Smythe Eden Smythe Gabe Gabe Aato Aato AceBooMie AceBooMie erzulie erzulie Lord Mitmar Lord Mitmar

I would like character forms to be submitted by the ninth, which is this Sunday. Mine should be completed sometime this week, and I will be establishing relationships with anyone who would like to. I feel this will help keep the role play interesting and fun.

If everyone is okay with having their applications completed by this weekend, I will also determine how we begin this role play and post some additional information. ^^

Just a silly note, but Harold might call some of our characters into work from time to time. So, whether The Sauntering Seagull is their forever job or simply a job that is helping them before they pursue something else, I believe this is a fun way to incorporate work scenes into the role play. ^^;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back