• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Reveal of Magic

how to name the evil God that wants to kill us all.

• Bob (courtesy of @Paradox Turtle)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, anything but that! Make up an original name.

• Just keep him nameless

• Total voters

Gaaron01234

The shopkeeper
Monsters have been plaguing Humanity ever since the dawn of our Species. Yet nobody has ever heard of Giant abominations rampaging through our Cities. (well except for Tokyo but that place is like, magnetic or something) A secret organization simply called "The Guardians" has been protecting Humanity since forever and kept things like magic, alternate dimensions and monsters a well hidden secret. But the forces that where attacking us so far are nothing in comparison to the evil that will be unleashed upon us in the year 2016. In their desperation the Guardians break their one golden rule and send a message around the world: "The truth will be revealed. 2016/1/1 43°51'21.5"N 76°17'34.2"W be there and see" The press conference that is to follow will change the world forever.

Where will you be as that happens? How will you react? And how will you fight in the all consuming war that is to come and will you escape with your body and sanity intact?

Features an extensive, free-form magic system that allows the player to design (basic) spells to their liking and enchant equipment in whatever way they like.

The idea for this Roleplay looks very original and well done! I'm interested in doing this one and would be HONORED to Roleplay with you! :)

I just have one or two questions I would like to ask...

If possible, could our character not have any magical powers and instead rely on the magic of guns, physical combat, and knives/swords? I apologize if that wasn't to your liking. The character I'm thinking of using is more of a modern military soldier rather than a spell caster.

@Puzderhero To explain a bit about magic:

Every kind of magic consumes magic energy. spells need the energy of the spellcaster to function whereas magic weapons (guns, swords, whatever) run on the ambient energy of the world. a magic item can thus be used by anyone who knows how to use said object if it was mundane but can run out of juice while spells need a lot of training but have the potential to be a lot more destructive and have pretty much infinite supplies.

so yes, you could very well play an ordinary soldier who gets handed a pistol that shoots holy fire and goes into war against eldritch abominations.

i hope that answers your question.

Gaaron01234 said:
@Puzderhero To explain a bit about magic:
Every kind of magic consumes magic energy. spells need the energy of the spellcaster to function whereas magic weapons (guns, swords, whatever) run on the ambient energy of the world. a magic item can thus be used by anyone who knows how to use said object if it was mundane but can run out of juice while spells need a lot of training but have the potential to be a lot more destructive and have pretty much infinite supplies.

so yes, you could very well play an ordinary soldier who gets handed a pistol that shoots holy fire and goes into war against eldritch abominations.

i hope that answers your question.
I see... Alright! That answers my question, thank you. :)

Wow uh, that actually answered my second question. Whaddaya know?! ^^

So, yeah I'd like to join this Roleplay. This looks like you put a lot of thought into it.

Puzderhero said:
So, yeah I'd like to join this Roleplay. This looks like you put a lot of thought into it.
Thank you very much. At this rate we will have enough players to start this sometime next year. And yeah, I spent quite some time thinking about this whole thing :D

@chloesalibaa Same... It's been quite some time since I've Roleplayed on here, but I'm sure once I get used to the way things go in this one, I'll be back on track. ^^

@Gaaron01234 Oh? Are you suggesting we actually start at January 1st?

Last edited by a moderator:
Puzderhero said:
@chloesalibaa Same... It's been quite some time since I've Roleplayed on here, but I'm sure once I get used to the way things go in this one, I'll be back on track. ^^
Yea. I hope I get back to my feet soon lol :P

Puzderhero said:
Ha ha ha. I just picked a random date when I wrote that first post. We can pretty much start as soon as there are enough players around to get the story rolling as far as I am concerned.

@chloeesalibaa hi and welcome aboard. So now we have two players who haven't played in a while and a gm who hasn't gm'd for quite some time. There is something poetic about that ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
chloeesalibaa said:
So is this role-play going to happen :P ?
Yeah it will. We just need more people to join this.

Since my most recent Roleplay, Ex-Harmonia, is disbanded, I can assume most of the partners I Roleplayed with have gone dark... It's a shame, though. They would've been great additions to this. :(

Hello all! I'm excited for this to get rolling.

It's so cool to hear from folks living in far-off countries (relative to me in the US of A of course). @chloeesalibaa what's Malta like? I think I know that place only from some European civ games...

ozma said:
Hello all! I'm excited for this to get rolling.
It's so cool to hear from folks living in far-off countries (relative to me in the US of A of course). @chloeesalibaa what's Malta like? I think I know that place only from some European civ games...
607626_1680_948.jpg

malta-sunset.jpg

Malta-Satul-Popeye.jpg

I would love to join! Hopefully this role play doesn't run out of steam like most I join. How many more people need to join?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back