• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Real World: Siblings II

Should sibling roles be able to be split between two people? [circumstances permitted]

• Yes - two different people can play a sibling role

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - each person plays both siblings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aato

Social(ly-inept) Butterfly
Hello, there!

I thought it was about time to recycle this idea again with some tweaks and get a gauge on interest.

Summary:

Similar to 'The Real World: Skeletons', the siblings [preferably only two] would be sent to live in a house for a month or so with other sibling duos. The challenge would be having to work out problems with their own relationships all while forming new bonds and enemies with the other people, as well as having short visits from people they know who may be 'friends' or 'enemies'.

I felt the addition of sibling relationships to the typical 'cooping up characters in a house together' had the potential to cook up more drama. Unlike before, I'm going to provide some sibling relationship types that you have the option to choose from or you can create your own. I've also decided that if you'd like to play one sibling and have someone play the other, that's welcome as long as it fits the relationship type [like, say, they're siblings who didn't grow up together for whatever reason, or something of that type where their histories wouldn't be nearly identical]. ...There's a possibility I might nix that idea come time of the RP, though, just to avoid confusion - let me know what you all think.

1. A younger sibling longs to gain friendship and attention from an older sibling who finds them annoying and somewhat loathes them
  2. Siblings with a strong bond continue to make the effort to maintain their close bond
  3. An older siblings longs for the approval of a younger sibling [you'd decide what the 'disapproval' is over]
  4. Twins struggle to find separate identities as everyone continues to look at them as one entity
  5. These siblings grew up apart [with or without knowing the other existed], and have only come to meet since they got older
  6. A person attempts to do [anything you want], but their sibling - although with good intent - is pulling them down with negative and discouraging comments
  7. One adopted sibling wants to find their biological parents while the other adopted sibling is firmly against the idea
  8. An older sibling has served as a parent-like figure to their younger sibling, but now that younger sibling is older and struggling to find independence and garner a sibling relationship with them as opposed to a parental one
  9. These siblings fell for one another before knowing they were siblings, now they're in disagreement about what to do - one wanting to take the 'obvious' road and the other willing to go against convention

Details: age 18 - 25 ; 2 siblings at program ; siblings may be b/s, s/s, b/b ; all orientations welcome ; higher casual RP

To explore the past RP thread, click here, and to get an idea of my expectations [subject to some changes], click here.

If you have any suggestions or questions, please feel free to post below or messaging me. And do let me know what you think about some of my ideas. I don't want things getting cluttered and too confusing...but that's all up to you guys and what you can handle, really. 5 likes or comments of interest and I'll create the thread.

Thank you, peeps!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested in this!

I have a set of twins that I'd like to play or simply another character that I had in mind!

@Play On Words [And everyone else, really.]

Well, today it got a lot more attention than I expected, but also more than enough to make the thread. That being said, the thread will be up late tonight/early tomorrow morning [EST].

Users who are viewing this thread

Back