• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The New Avengers- a superhero RP

Doomyfish23

"Honey!!! Wheres my Supersuit?"
Hi there guys im looking for 6 rpers. For an avengers story. The year is 2070 and a new threat comes to earth. kenny-mok-cronos-new.jpg
Gridix the Son of Thanos. Having abandoned his fathers quest for lady death and the infinity gems Gridix has but one goal. The utter destruction of earth, the world that drove his father off of the deep end. Gridix commands a massive army of chitauri more than 10x the size of the army that attacked new york. Sadly only a handful of avengers still live. Hulk, an old Iron man, and a one armed spiderman. The rest have all fallen to the increasing villain population Worse still shield, the remainder of the worlds governments and many other hero groups have fallen. The world is horrendously unprepared for Gridix's arrival. Yet hope does exist. The aged tony stark has detected this threat and pulling a card from Nick fury's book he started a new Avengers initiative. Seven heroes to turn the tide and get the world ready for Gridix's arrival in 3 years.

The heroes have the odds stacked against them, but failure is not an option.

If they cant Defend the world, rest assured they will Avenge it.

(Im looking for 6 avengers, #7 is gonna be played by me. Afterwards the story will begin. Everyone who joins after that part will play be playing a villain. The final boss is established as Gridix already. Keep the marvel universe in mind while power scaling. Hulk and thor are your upper limits (not world breaker hulk or odin force thor). I ask that no one metagames . No controlling other characters unless given express permissions from them. Try to avoid mind based powers if you can. Have fun hope it tickles your fancy.​

Last edited:
Faceclaim

Name

Alias: (your hero/villain name)

Race: (are you human, asgardian, a mutant, an alien?)

Personality: (can be a list of traits or a paragraph. Must include negative personality aspects. No one is perfect.)

Backstory: (how did get your powers? How did you eind up here? How did tony stark contact you?)

Hero stuff- (your powers, skills, abilities, and tech what you use to be a hero.)

Goals: (what does your hero hope to achieve)

Fears: (we all have them none are an exception.)

heroes_of_ruin_conceptart_ADACr (1).jpg
Name: Arron Green

Alias: Hunter

Race: Mutant/Vampire

Personality:
+Calm
+Rational
+Knows his limits
+works well with others
-is willing to kill
-Doesnt trust very well
-Secretive
-Liar

Backstory: Born in New York City right after the death of captain america, Arron doesn't remember a time when things weren't in chaos. His parents died before he ever met them and he grew up in an orphanage in Hells kitchen. As a child the only hero who seemed to make a difference, who seemed to do what needed to be done was The punisher. And so he modelled himself after frank castle. Starting at age 11 he taught himself to fight by picking fights with bigger and more experienced fighters. Needless to say he got his but kicked alot. Until he realized something at age 14. He was a mutant. At this point he began winning fights. So he moved on to firearms and melee weapons, which were not hard to find in a world run by criminals. Practicing in secret he finally donned his costume. With only A hood, cloak, and a pistol he took the fight to his neighborhood. Being an orphan boy with no friends means there was no one to know who he was. No need for hiding his identity or worrying about loved ones. So when he encountered a street thug who turned out to be a vampire o one was there to look for him. He was found by Blade the half vampire together they hunted the one who attacked him and destroyed him. Yet he had already been bitten and his change was inevitable. He chose to use this new curse of his to his benifit drinking from bloodbanks and criminals deserving of death in his eyes. It wasn't until he was in way over his head with too many enemies to count that Tony stark came to him with an offer. Be a part of something bigger, make a difference. Or fight in the gutters until he inevitably dies. Arron chose to join this group of misfits in the hopes that together they can at least take new york back the criminal scum that rule now.

Hero stuff-
The Numbers- Arrons mutant ability is the see angles, numbers, and mathematical equations everywhere he looks. He can use this to calculate speed, force, trajectory, and even how to arrive at certain locations. He applies this to his everyday life in too numerous of ways to mention. But in combat he uses it to predict his enemies movements, gauge how to best deal with a situation and provide him with advanced warning of impending danger. Its like a math based spider sense, and keeps him aware of what he can and cannot do.

Skilled fighter- Arron has at least 13 years of fighting beneath his belt. He hasn't won them all but with his mutant power he has been able to best fighters with more martial arts experience than he has years of life.

Perfect marksman- having nearly 10 years firearms experience paired with the ability to perfectly calculate the trajectory of not only the bullet but also the target makes it near Impossible for arron to miss hence the name marksman.

Versatile fighter- a gun, a fist, a rock, the wall, his opponents own hands. Everything can be a weapon to arron and he is very skilled at using the environment to his advantage.

Vampire physiology- After being bitten Arron has since changed in many ways. He has attained enhanced strength, speed, senses, a hypnotic gaze, regeneration, immortality and immunuty to any disease or poison. However it comes with weaknesses. A strong alergy to Garlic, a burning sensation from silver, holy water, or sunlight. Other traits of his vampirism include the ability to hibernate for long periods. All his powers grow based upon the amount blood he consumes and its quality.

Goals: to ensure that things don't get worse but better instead. Also to attain better weapons, training, and possibly magic.

Fears: Dying Alone, loosing control of his "Thirst"​

Last edited:
any chance of bringing in a youngish herald into this?
Well are you talking about a herald of galactus? If so i must decline for two reasons. A. Silver surfer is too powerful. B. Gridix has already killed galactus and taken the power cosmic.

So does that mean abraxas has been freed as galactus is what keeps him from manifesting and destroying the multiverse

Follow up questions what percentage of galactus's power did he get? Did he get galactus's hunger as well? If he has even a fraction of galactus's power why is it taking him three years he can teleport across the universe? Why is he bothering with an army when galactus can destroy galaxy destroying fleets when drained? What are the cosmic abstracts doing about galactus being killed he is a member and part of universal balance? Also as galactuc gifts his heralds power cosmic he is not their source and wouldn't one want to have vengeance as galactus has had many heralds? If he did get the hunger is it Glactus's old or new hunger?

Last edited:
Hmm good points. I was unaware of a few of them. Perhaps galactus isnt dead then. But heralds are still non playable as they are too strong for us to have a legitimate plotline.

View attachment 412357
Name: Arron Green

Alias: Marksman

Race: Mutant

Personality:
+Calm
+Rational
+Knows his limits
+works well with others
-is willing to kill
-Doesnt trust very well
-Secretive
-Liar

Backstory: Born in New York City right after the death of captain america, Arron doesn't remember a time when things weren't in chaos. His parents died before he ever met them and he grew up in an orphanage in Hells kitchen. As a child the only hero who seemed to make a difference, who seemed to do what needed to be done was The punisher. And so he modelled himself after frank castle. Starting at age 11 he taught himself to fight by picking fights with bigger and more experienced fighters. Needless to say he got his but kicked alot. Until he realized something at age 14. He was a mutant. At this point he began winning fights. So he moved on to firearms and melee weapons, which were not hard to find in a world run by criminals. Practicing in secret he finally donned his costume. With only A hood, cloak, and a pistol he took the fight to his neighborhood. Being an orphan boy with no friends means there was no one to know who he was. No need for hiding his identity or worrying about loved ones. It wasn't until he was in way over his head that Tony stark came to him with an offer. Be a part of something bigger, make a difference. Or fight in the gutters until he inevitably dies. Arron chose to join this group of misfits in the hopes that together they can at least take new york.

Hero stuff-
The Numbers- Arrons mutant ability is the see angles, numbers, and mathematical equations everywhere he looks. He can use this to calculate speed, force, trajectory, and even how to arrive at certain locations. He applies this to his everyday life in too numerous of ways to mention. But in combat he uses it to predict his enemies movements, gauge how to best deal with a situation and provide him with advanced warning of impending danger. Its like a math based spider sense, and keeps him aware of what he can and cannot do.

Skilled fighter- Arron has at least 13 years of fighting beneath his belt. He hasn't won them all but with his mutant power he has been able to best fighters with more martial arts experience than he has years of life.

Perfect marksman- having nearly 10 years firearms experience paired with the ability to perfectly calculate the trajectory of not only the bullet but also the target makes it near Impossible for arron to miss hence the name marksman.

Versatile fighter- a gun, a fist, a rock, the wall, his opponents own hands. Everything can be a weapon to arron and he is very skilled at using the environment to his advantage.

Goals: to ensure that things don't get worse but better instead. Also to attain better weapons.

Fears: Dying Alone.​
You spelled Liar wrong.... lol I sound like a prick but I have to do this.

Sorry bout that. Dyslexic and whatnot. For whatever reason my auto-correct has been on the fritz.
It's all good. To be fair. I was kinda salty about your character since I was going to apply a form that's pretty much your dude but slightly different

It's all good. To be fair. I was kinda salty about your character since I was going to apply a form that's pretty much your dude but slightly different
Lol. Sorry again mate. Hopefully that isnt a buzzkill. If its the backstory then worry not. His story is pretty common for this world.

I know. But having two sniper characters seems too much. Don't worry. Not a buzzkill I just have to think which other of my characters I want to bring in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back