• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern πšπš‘πšŽ πš’πš—πšœπšπš’πšπšžπšπšŽ - π«πžπ›π’π«π­π‘ 𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐚

orpheus.

.𝐁𝐞 π‹π’π€πž 𝐈 𝐀𝐦.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

• intro

aggressive evolution

loathe

overview.

M
    utants live among us…

This world is shared amongst the most powerful brands of people to exist. Genetic alterations due to evolution are at a pinnacle. And, in this day and age, that could be the salvation of the human race…or its destruction. Many groups support this new sort of diversity. Some want to see complete control and annihilation over anyone different than themselves. They are labeled as the MNTF (Mutant Neutralization Task Force) and their ruthless chain of command goes past the shores of one nation. Their reach affects both humans and mutant-kind.

However, there is a haven for mutants and their allies: a place on the northwestern coast of the US that is hidden away from the eyes of the MNTF and the other horrors that could lurk for different thinking. Founded by Ernest Cameron and Yuri Hirabayashi in 2013, after the first riot of an anti-mutant variety, the Cameron Institute opened its doors to the broken and downtrod of different kinds. Mutant and mundane alike walk its halls. There is a kindred belonging here that is protected by everyone there. Some students and residents live there, learning about themselves and thriving amongst each other. In this community are staff members who educate from their knowledge and experience, while ensuring the safety of these their charges. The current headmaster, Natasha Karin-Cameron, is an A-Tier Mutant capable of many feats of the mind. Tasked with the job from familial succession, she and her selected staff are some of the best at what they do.
    ~​
    Welcome! Please make sure you read the rules and roles thoroughly to avoid any miscommunication. We are glad to have you and your ideas added to the unfolding story. We are looking at applicants on a merit-based system. That means best come, best served. We think all your ideas could be great for the story but, unfortunately, not all make it. Please don't take it to heart. We will do our best to work with you to get you rolling in the plot. We are a very welcoming bunch of writers and we post a few times a week, if we can. Commit to this RP with that in mind. And, remember, have fun. That's what we're all here to do!

intro

roles

rules

Evolve Your World

Don't Look
Back

genre

mutants, superpowers, modern diplomacy

status

accepting

co-creators

special thanks

accepting

merit-based

β™‘coded by uxieβ™‘

Last edited:
What is the age range for characters and please forgive me if this a silly question, but will this be more of a student/school RP focused on classes or is the institute meant to serve more as a safehaven that serves as the home base for characters that they go to and from?

What is the age range for characters and please forgive me if this a silly question, but will this be more of a student/school RP focused on classes or is the institute meant to serve more as a safehaven that serves as the home base for characters that they go to and from?
The playable age range is 16 and up. The institute will serve as a less academic backdrop, though it will occur. Similar to the Xmen paradigm, there will be moments of academics sprinkled in here and there, but the settings will not predominantly in the classroom.

What are the post frequency/detail requirements for this? Also if the plot is not going to be academical for the most part, what are our characters goals/the general direction that the plot is going to take?

What are the post frequency/detail requirements for this? Also if the plot is not going to be academical for the most part, what are our characters goals/the general direction that the plot is going to take?
1.) 2+ paragraph minimum, literate, 2 posts per week minimum.

2.) Things will be political, internal power struggles, and modern allegories to modern world problems...and action, adventure, love, drama, and Scott Bakula.(Love you, Gayle)

1.) 2+ paragraph minimum, literate, 2 posts per week minimum.

2.) Things will be political, internal power struggles, and modern allegories to modern world problems...and action, adventure, love, drama, and Scott Bakula.(Love you, Gayle)
Thank you. Colour me potentially interested, although I do find Discord OOC a bit overwhelming and I'm not quite sure how to tweak one of my many existing superpower characters into something which will be narratively interesting still with the lore we currently have.

superhero school my beloved
I am interested
I have an idea forming for a character, but I do think I'd need to discuss it with DMs before I go any further with it.

Interested! Will we be using realistic face-claims?

Is there a timeline on when CS and OOC will open?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back