[The Inn Between] The Inn

Rusalka
http://www.waywardinn.com/threads/rusalka.41027/.

http://www.waywardinn.com/threads/rusalka.41027/

Damsel In Distress

"Just too much
"

said Rusalka re-entering the Inn an hour or two later, her wandering felt her in open waste land, maybe a desert would be more appropriate description though. She longed for some sunlight, yes, but what she found was too much for her to handle. Rusalka hated drought an extremely dry conditions.

"Well, lets find somewhere else to go."

she looked around and noticed teleporting pads.

"

Yes, that'll do."

she said and went to one of them.

http://www.waywardinn.com/threads/the-infinitys-grove.41048/Soon she found herself in a different place

http://www.waywardinn.com/threads/the-infinitys-grove.41048/

Revmar

Trickster

Unimpressed with his quarters that were hardly fit for a wolf, Revmar was on his way out when he heard Louie's voice coming from... somewhere unspecified? He tilted his head in an attempt to determine from where the sound originated, but unsuccessfully. Eventually he found himself back in front of the Inn. Louie was near the teleporter.

Revmar approached Louie to a decent distance, and softly barked, once.

Willows Naava "Will"

Helping Hands

{Entering from The Malistic Pillars}

Will barely avoided screaming as the teleported whisked him away. As he rematerialized he staggered and fell to the floor in shock, unable to immediately regain his balance. Ohhhmygodwhattheheck..

When Will came to his senses he had a room ticket in his hands, it read A409. When did I get this.... Well should see what it is... this is an Inn after all. Will slowly stood up and started walking down the corridor to his room. When he got there he stood by the door and began to turn the knob.

Tessa Adams

Iron Maiden

As he turned the knob, Tessa called from behind him, "New here?" She giggled. She didn't bother waiting for a response. She assumed he would ask how she knew. "It's the way you turn the knob... Like you're expecting some other dimension, or a monster or something... Which is natural around here. Hehehe." As Will turned, He would see a girl, in a what looked to be a Navy Blue one piece bathing suit, with hazel eyes, and grey, yet luminous hair of a young girl. Her face was exceptionally beautiful, and appeared to be the same age of Will. Closer examination would reveal the one-piece bathing suit, was actually a latex suit. Perhaps the most obvious thing, is her left arm and shoulder, which was a plated tangle of wires, metal, hydraulics, and hinges that would make up the upper half of her arm. The skin reformed just before her elbow, giving her a forearm that still appeared human. "I'm Tessa. What's your name?" She smiled a bright, friendly smile.

Willows Naava "Will"

Helping Hands

Will turned face the voice, he was only slightly startled by sudden voice behind him. Will looked over to the voice and saw the woman. He was taken aback by her arm but by the standards of what he had seen thus far but it still slightly disturbed him although he showed no sign of being disturbed by it.

"I'm Tessa. What's your name?"

"I am..." *His tone became embarased.* "Willows Naava.. But please call me Will. Oh.. and yes.... I dont know what to exspect... at all in a room... in this...." *Will looks around and waves his hand to the general everywhere.* "Place."

Tessa Adams

Iron Maiden

Tessa waited for him to finish turning the knob. She pushed him very lightly into the room. "See? It's not so scary..." She looked around the room, waiting for reality to sink in, and his anxiety to fade. She went over to his bed, and sat down and watched him go about the room, fiddling with things. "So... you know those teleporters in the main room? Well there are these really beautiful islands... They're tropical isles..." She trails off. She looks up, into nothing, a bit staring off into space. "A bit like a paradise... Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?"

Revmar

Trickster

Revmar suddenly loses patience and interest. He wolfs out, and jumps into the teleporter at random.

Willows Naava "Will"

Helping Hands

Will walked about the room examining things. A normal place at least in this land at least.

"So... you know those teleporters in the main room? Well there are these really beautiful islands... They're tropical isles..."

"A bit like a paradise... Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?"

Will stood there silently for a moment. What could it hurt, well that's a bad question to ask... but... It seems like it would be safe enough. Wills voice was slightly nervous "I... don't see why not. A nice relaxing place sounds nice.. compared to the last place. So, I don't see a reason not to." Will put his arms at his side and bent them to where his hands were rubbing each other in front of his gut.

Tessa Adams

Iron Maiden

"Well come on then!" She smiled, throwing her body at him, she grabbed his hand, and with a giggle pulled him down the behind her, sprinting a bit. "Wait until you see it! It's so pretty!" She was a bit too excited. Kinda Cute... She thought to herself. She stopped in front of the teleporter, and looked back at Will. Those ears... They're so adorable! She didn't verbalize her thoughts, obviously... That would just make her look strange. She observed his ears for another quick second, and dragged him into the teleporter, to

Parody Island.

Willows Naava "Will"

Helping Hands

Will did not struggle as the woman grabbed him, pulling him along. He managed to keep up with her without tripping. She is so excited, suppose that means something good on the other side.

"Wait until you see it! It's so pretty!"

Pretty things, from the rainy heck hole to a nice tropical island, this land is bi-polar. Will looked warily at the teleporter as he stepped on to it, this time managing not to panic as it whisked him away off to the Parody Islands.

Revmar

Trickster

Due to the fact that Revmar gave little or no thought at all as to what his destination might be, he wasn't really surprised when he was whisked away to a place dominated by a sole tower. He didn't know the name, but it was known as the Techtonick Tower.

Nico Alenstrazi

This Is Halloween

Nico stepped out of the portal that led to the Malistic Pillars, and looked around. Here, in this less forboding place, he looked less awkward but at the same time overtly Halloween-ish. He shifted his eye around, and finally saw the floating form of Louie. "Louie! Louie! I got news about that new location, the one you sent me to. Rather... interesting place." He strolled up as he said all of this, Emile hanging onto his shoulder as she always did.

Shyvanna

Huntress

At that moment a shadowy figure of a woman appeared from the teleporter. The dominating purple haze of the Inn made her pale blue skin look even stranger, and her eyes were shimmering with inner fire. She was partially armored and had a bow strapped to her back. A rugged dark red cape, torn in some places, hang from her shoulders. The design of her equipment and her general appearance reeked of death and darkness.

She turned her piercing gaze towards the closest person, a man in a long black coat with a funny-looking hat.​
"You."

she addressed him in an imperative voice that dripped with self-confidence and dread.

"Black wolf, green tattoos. Have you seen him?"

Nico Alenstrazi

This Is Halloween

When she grabbed him, Nico quickly turned to glare at her. "Don't know. I've been away." He then continued to look about for Louie, his chains clanking silently. Together, those two were causing a silent commotion, one reeking of death and darkness, the other of darkness and fear.

Shyvanna

Huntress

For a moment, the woman's eyes studied the man intently. It seemed as if she was about to say something back, but she turned and walked past, ignoring him completely. After several steps she paused and looked around as if choosing a direction. That's when she saw a hovering stuffed toy. Her eyes blazed with cautious puzzlement, but she saw different people coming and talking to it, and she got the impression that it was some sort of a guide or the like. Whatever the case, she guessed with great certainty that it likely knew who came and went around the place.

"You there

." she said. "

Black wolf, green tattoos. Seen him?"

Louie

To Help The Newbs

Louie was casually hanging around the Information Booth and was ready to give her second part of the tour. Some people were still missing, but she shrugged and said, "I guess we'll just go then."

Just then, Shyvanna came close to the booth demanding, "You there. Black wolf, green tattoos. Seen him?"

"Oh, hey!" Louie hadn't seen her in awhile and forgot her name... Ahahah. That kind of armor was memorable, too. Oh well. The stuffed cat toy thought about what the ill-themed woman said. A black wolf with green tattoos... "Oh, that doggie! Right, right. Um... He's--" Louie looked around. "... Not here?" And to think that the cat had just seen him, too. Where'd he go? Louie scratched her head in thought. "I... I guess he went somewhere. The Inn's really big so he could still be inside, but since the wolf is new here he may have gone out to see what the Inn Between is like. I dunno where he is exactly. Sorry!"

Shyvanna

Huntress

The woman seemed to be somewhat satisfied. "So he's here. But where could -" She never got to finish that sentence.

At that moment the portal nearby activated, and a wolf fitting the wanted description stepped forward. She showed a wicked smile, and said:

"What a surprise. Revmar. Long time, no see."

Revmar

Trickster

Arriving from the Techtonick Tower, Revmar had barely taken in the change of scenery when he spotted a dreadfully familiar pair of flaming red eyes. The shock of seeing her, and of remembering all she stood for, rooted him in place. At first he thought it was impossible, but there she was. An agent of the Legion, here of all places. His mind raced, and he threw a single panicked look towards Louie as he instantly abandoned his intention to talk to him about the tower.

Revmar turned around and jumped right back into the teleporter, thinking of the only other place he knew in this strange universe - the

http://www.waywardinn.com/threads/techtonick-tower.41014/Techtonick Tower

http://www.waywardinn.com/threads/techtonick-tower.41014/.

Louie

To Help The Newbs

As Shyvanna ran into the teleporter after Revmar did, all Louie did was float there. She went quite limp and shouted, "Hey! What's going on here?" She was too late; the two were already long gone... to wherever it was that they were going. It confused her... This was happening so much recently... people jumping back and forth between the teleporter, running across her face with and without a word.

With a bit frustrated she said, "Oooh... I'll just start the tour." She left the Information Booth and called to everyone waiting for her, "All right everyone! This way. We're going to

Shadow City to do some sightseeing. Don't worry, it's not that dangerous there." With a small group of new Inn Residents, they left the Inn through the main doors. They walked and talked their way to the city of mysterious shadows.

Meledy

When Meledy came back to the Inn, all of the people that she had seen at the Pillars had vanished. Everyone had left. Meledy was alone again. Going to the Malistic Pillars was by mere accident; She would go back into the Teleporter when she had a purpose, next time...

The woman wandered around the Inn. Louie claimed that there were three floors to the Inn, so she wanted to see what the rest of the halls looked like. She walked into Hallway A, passing too many kinds of people as she looked for a set or stairs or something that would bring her to the second floor. Humans, Humanoids, Robots, Animals, Intelligent Creatures, those with many ears and those with many horns, indescribable lifeforms... she didn't know what they were called or if they cared what they were called. This was the Inn Between after all.

Meledy walked all of the way to the end of Hallway A, which brought her to a circular room. The walls matched the rest of the building, but floor was mapped out like a grid made by thin, green laser-like lights. The ceiling was flat with a dark, bluish hue. She watched various people walk into the grid and disappear-- kind of like how the teleporter worked. This area must have been how people go to the higher floors of the building... but how did it work? Meledy walked onto the grid with curiosity and pondered about reaching the second floor. The mere thoughts caused the green lasers her feet touched to shine while the knight was enveloped in light... only to find herself in a room that look identical to where she was.

Is this... the second floor? She looked around to find some sort of symbol or sign telling here where she was. In the distance and into one of the hallways, she saw a gray panel with the letter J imprinted onto the wall. It looked she was on the second floor... Meledy wanted to try it again; she thought about being whisked away to the third floor. She was surrounded by light and moments later found herself on another grid room. She looked around once again and saw another gray panel with the letter S on it.

This was easier than stairs. But... where there more floors? Louie only told them about three floors. Were there more? She thought about a fourth floor... but nothing happened. Was there anything else that would make her teleport again? Maybe... a hidden area? Nope, not that... the Staff room? ... Nothing.

"What're you doing?" said someone. Meledy turned to see who had spoken in this familiar voice. It was that man... the one that helped her find Louie the first time she saw the Inn Between.

"Greetings..." Meledy wanted to smile, but this was a rather odd encounter to her. "I was simply curious if the Inn was larger than the tour guide claimed."

"Oh, Louie?" The man laughed. "Ah, nah. There are, but you'll need clearance before any of these teleports will take you there."

"I see..." The fact was a bit disappointing. What was this Inn hiding... "That is unfortunate."

"Getting bored or something? Not too many wander around the Inn. Especially not for any particular reason."

"I..." Meledy was hesitant to talk about her... what would be the word? Confusion? No, something else. "I feel... lost. I suppose." The word, 'lost'. It didn't convey how she really felt. The Inn Between gives people so much freedom. They may do what they want, whenever they wished. Her life beforehand wasn't like this all; she had to fight for her survival for as long as she could remember. Meledy saw many of her purposes in battle, but now none of that was required...

"Hey, some of your armor is missing." The man pointed at the back of her plated armor. Meledy had almost forgotten that it wasn't there. That was right-- she intended to take the damaged armor with her, but she forgot about it. It was still at the Malistic Pillars.

"Oh yes. I was attacked and I... almost died." Thinking about it didn't make Meledy feel very comfortable. People dying... it was common where she used to live. She has seen many people die and she had killed many people, but the feeling that she was doing something terribly wrong never left her mind.

"Oh." He seemed disinterested. "That's not too bad."

It was strange words to hear. "... What do you mean?"

"For some reason-- now I'm serious, no one can explain this-- people who come to the Inn Between don't stay dead." The man with the goatee smiled and chuckled as Meledy gave him a confused look. "Um, it's like... You'll die but you'll come back life like it never happened. Like I said... we don't really know why. You just do."

Her mind couldn't comprehend it. It didn't make sense. How was it even possible? "... Why?" Meledy asked slowly. No true death...?

"Hey-- I only live here, too you know. No one knows why. We just... kinda live with the fact. It's like a law. Like Gravity, you know? People don't age here, either." The man waved his hand in farewell as the grid teleported him out of sight. Meledy was alone. Again.

... If there was no true death... and no one ages as they live in the Inn Between... and Louie claimed that there was no way to leave the Inn Between... Meledy was stuck in the Inn Between forever?

What... what kind of prison is this?!

Alexander Marell

Tactician

Alexander stepped out of the teleporter, and sighed loudly. Alexander started wandering around the grounds, until he finaly got bored and headed up into the Inn itself. He began pointlessly wandering as he did on the grounds, noting the type of people that lived there. He saw many diffrent types of people at the inn. The population of Golems here is astounding... who knew that there were so many of them out there? He continued wandering, spotting the oddest people. He even saw one who had his head under his arm like a ball. Strange... very strange...

Meledy

Meledy went back to the first floor. Such simple facts were law in the Inn Between? How could that be? It just didn't work in Meledy's mind... She can't die. She can't age. She can't leave. Stuck in the Inn Between forever and ever...?

There had to be a way to get out. Someone must have found a way to get out of the Inn Between. It's still connected to the multi-verse. Isn't that what Louie said at some point? How else do people get in the Inn Between in the first place?

The former knight left the teleportation room and walked the hall of the Inn Between again. She needed to think. There had to be a way... Just then, Meledy's eyes caught a familiar face. It was that soldier that followed them to the Malistic Pillars. What was his name...?

"Alex?" Meledy shouted to the man. Now that they weren't in danger, they had time to talk. She talked as she advanced towards him, "Can I ask you a question? You are new to this place as well, are you not? Does this place seem... like something worse than absolute death?" It must've sounded like a strange question... but she wanted to know what someone else thought.

Alexander Marell

Tactician

"Can I ask you a question? You are new to this place as well, are you not? Does this place seem... like somthing worse than absolute death?"

Alexander looked at Meledy with a quizzical look. "Worse than absolute death? Don't you always have the option of Okandi?"

Meledy

Okandi? It was a word she never heard before... "What is this, okandi that you speak of?" Based on her previous question, it may have been a ritual or some sort...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back