News The Helper Initiative (A Way to Help RpN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="Chloe Collat]are we allowed to submit an application for more than one kind of helper?

[/QUOTE]
Just submit one application. You can mention in the notes/other section if you're interested in more than one position. (:

Hmmm. How much of a time commitment do you think it might take to be a general helper? Trying to decide if I'd like to apply now or before summer when I'm out of college.

Is there a welcoming helper needed? I wouldn't mind helping those who are new to feel welcome :D But, if you don't need those, i wouldn't mind being a BBCode helper. Actually... i'm very familiar to it though i have problems myself with it once in a while so maybe that might or might not work out but I know the basics.

At this time we do not have nor are we seeking Welcome Helpers. c: Staff may have plans to move that direction (though I personally doubt it), but they haven't made any such thing public! if it's something you think RPN should have, feel free to suggest it in the Site Questions and Information forum.

I am curious about the Newsletter helper. Would there be others working on it as well? And what is expected of someone?

[QUOTE="Silent Howling]I am curious about the Newsletter helper. Would there be others working on it as well? And what is expected of someone?

[/QUOTE]
We have other newsletter helpers, and it's not just newsletter helpers working out on the newsletter, the other helpers and even some staff do too. :D

A newsletter helper writes articles for the monthly newsletter and provides suggestions for roleplay of the month and user of the month. :) If you have any more questions just ask!

Sunkissed said:
We have other newsletter helpers, and it's not just newsletter helpers working out on the newsletter, the other helpers and even some staff do too. :D
A newsletter helper writes articles for the monthly newsletter and provides suggestions for roleplay of the month and user of the month. :) If you have any more questions just ask!
Just one final question. In the examples, does it have to be relevant to the area we apply in? Say newsletter cause that's easier for me, can we give an example of our writing skills in any form or does it have to be in news form?

[QUOTE="Silent Howling]Just one final question. In the examples, does it have to be relevant to the area we apply in? Say newsletter cause that's easier for me, can we give an example of our writing skills in any form or does it have to be in news form?

[/QUOTE]
Not necessarily! Just show any skill of writing you have that you think may benefit the newsletter. Giving links to character sheets is always a good idea :D

I filled out an app. for Contest Helper. For my examples, I tagged posts of organization.

Was this right?

Jazzy said:
I filled out an app. for Contest Helper. For my examples, I tagged posts of organization.
Was this right?
From my understanding, there is no right or wrong way to do a helper application. Just fill out information that is both truthful and pertinent to the role.

Mordecai said:
From my understanding, there is no right or wrong way to do a helper application. Just fill out information that is both truthful and pertinent to the role.
Thanks Mord. I appreciate the quick response. :)

[QUOTE="Kat Trancy]Ah! It wont let me open the page-

[/QUOTE]
The helper initiative was disbanded around a week ago :(

Just had the same reaction. Saw the little shark notice, thought "Oh hey are they reopening it!!?" And went to click the application link

So, I noticed the link. I'm willing to apply for General Helper. How do I send in my application?

Mordecai's right, we have discontinued the Helper Initiative. Thank you all for your interest! Remember, you don't need to be a Helper to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back