News The Helper Initiative (A Way to Help RpN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks like a great way to get more people involved. I'm glad to see that there's more ways to help and be involved. Congratulations to the helpers who've already been titled and I can't wait to see how the new opportunity helps to grow the community even brighter!

DaughterofAthena said:
This looks like a great way to get more people involved. I'm glad to see that there's more ways to help and be involved. Congratulations to the helpers who've already been titled and I can't wait to see how the new opportunity helps to grow the community even brighter!
With the exception of one, all the people already titled were former fellows who converted over. c:

I got a notification inviting me to this thread and I must admit that I would love to join the helper initiative. I only have one question though. I would like to become a general helper but will I receive some sort of formation? Because I am rather new to this website (I have a good amount of roleplay experience though so I'm familiar).

Last edited by a moderator:
CyanidePie123 said:
I got a notification inviting me to this thread and I must admit that I would love to join the helper initiative. I only have one question though. I would like to become a general helper but will I receive some sort of formation? Because I am rather new to this website (I have a good amount of roleplay experience though so I'm familiar).
Hm, I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. What do you mean by formation?

Mordecai said:
Hm, I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. What do you mean by formation?
Well some place to learn what I need to know to be a general helper. It say we need to be able to answer any questions. Is there a guide where I could learn whats essential? I dont want to apply for something I cant do.

CyanidePie123 said:
Well some place to learn what I need to know to be a general helper. It say we need to be able to answer any questions. Is there a guide where I could learn whats essential? I dont want to apply for something I cant do.
Oh, for general helper there isn't really a guide, per se. Most general helpers are familiar with the site just by being on the site for a while. All the vital information Helpers would need to know are in the Site Rules, tutorials, etc.

CyanidePie123 said:
Well yeah, anyone who becomes a helper will receive the training they need.

Just a question is there a set date when you go over all of the Helper Applications? Like, end or beginning of every month? Just so I have some clarification.

I'm interested in becoming a Contest Helper, but I'm curious how frequent contests are held?

Ecstasyia said:
Just a question is there a set date when you go over all of the Helper Applications? Like, end or beginning of every month? Just so I have some clarification.
No there is not. We are currently taking things slow.

We moved over all the old fellows who wanted in(they don't count towards what ever helper limit we have) and then its based on what we need at that exact moment, we will store every app and invite users as needed.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Once we get up to speed, every month.

[/QUOTE]
I assume it would entail counting votes, setting up polls or doing something similar?

Diminium said:
I assume it would entail counting votes, setting up polls or doing something similar?
Contest Helpers main duties are to help create, run, and judge for RpNation's many contents. Contents range from poetry contests to art contests to character contests and everywhere inbetween! Since contests do not happen all the time, we also encourage contest helpers to aid with other areas of the site when a contest is not ongoing, for example, greeting new users or assisting with the newsletter, when needed. Just remember, contest helpers are never allowed to enter contests sadly, even if they are not directly involved with that particular contest. There is a little bit more to it than setting up poles and counting votes, as you can see. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back