The Final Exam

Lydia was quiet and nodded her head. At least he was human enough to acknowledge that he had known Stratos. "He was my best friend." she said quietly, though the words didn't seem to do him any justice. "I'm not sure where to begin exactly, but maybe-" she stopped, her spine stiffening a bit. The dark could play tricks on a person's mind but right then Lydia felt very sure that they were being watched. "Am I being paranoid?" she mumbled, looking around cautiously.

"You're paranoid. We're alone." As he walked past the dumpster,the man within held his breath,and peeked out,slightly. The guy's in a suit! They must be loaded! He slipped his head back down,completely invisible in the gloom.

Lydia's shoulders slumped, a bit flustered by being called paranoid by the likes of Foster. She tried to ignore the chill running down her spine, though her muscles felt tensed and ready to pounce at the slightest disturbance. "I'll begin where ever you would like me to begin with Stratos's character and history." she muttered, taking her mind off of the nausea welling in her belly.

Foster nodded. He felt a prsence,as well...But he knew they would be able to handle themselves handily. "The beginning. I'd preffer to start from the beginning." As Lydia walked past the dumpster,the man leapt out,putting her into a full nelson hold,with a knife pointed awkwardly at her neck. "Gimme all ya got!" Foster whipped around. He was not impressed. A quick look into his heart revealed it was green and red. Llamar,hungry,discreetly crawled out of the bag,and began to climb up the wall beside them. "And if I refuse?" "You know what'll happen! C'mon! I want yo' money,not yo' life!" As Llamar got into position,Foster offered one last line. "Shame. I want the exact opposite." "Wha--?"

SCREECH! Llamar was on the man's arm,and the knife was well away from any lethal zone. It crawled up his arm with lightning speed,and was then firmly attached to his head. The man felt the needle-like legs dig into his skull,and the beak against his skull.
"What the fuc--" He never got to finish the sentence. Llamar pierced it's beak through the man's skull and immediately coupled itself with it's host's central nervous system. "Good. Let Lydia go." The...Thing complied. It moaned in agony,with barely intelligible cries for death,to which Foster replied, "All of your pleas for death will go unheard. Your cries for peace will be denied. From now until you die,you are my slave."

More screaming came from beneath Llamar. Loud creaking and cracking came from his hands.
"Good...It's starting."

Lydia did not feel threatened by the man who currently held her captive. His body was shaking and even though she was from another world she knew that he wasn't all there in his head. What worried her more right then was how Foster would react to the situation. While she had only taken a few classes with him and really only knew him because they had power in the same element she was unaccustomed to his way of handling things. She shuddered a little as she heard the man's sloppy, desperate attempt at threats. Right then she actually felt thankful that she couldn't see Foster's face.

It wasn't until after Llamar had taken control of the man that Lydia felt herself growing uncomfortable. His body felt clammy not from his withdraw now but from his ebbing humanity. A sharp breath passed her lips when she was released and Lydia turned to face the man, biting her lip to stifle a scream seeing Llamar on the man's head. Foster's monologue didn't do anything to lift her spirits.

"What exactly is starting?" she asked, though inwardly she knew she would be repulsed by the answer.

She wasn't sure what this man's purpose would be now, whether or not he would be used in their attempt to resurrect Stratos or if he was apart of whatever scheme Foster had cooked up for her.

Foster smiled,and said,quite simply, "Mutations."

The screams continued,as the man's fingers grew long,sharp claws. The index fingers lengthened,as well. The thing haunched over as more internal mutations taken place; the digestive system shut down. The immune system shut down. The pulmanory system shut down. Everything except the nervous system was shut down. The thing no longer needed to do anything but simply live;Llamar provided everything else.

"...And it is done." Foster turned around,and beckoned for them to follow. "So,from square one. We need Stratos' mind."

At the first sounds of the man's agony Lydia had to look away but not before she got a good look at what would haunt her nightmares for the rest of her life. "Y-you're a monster." she gasped, holding her hand to her chest. Her whole body was shuddering as if she were the one coming off of a bad trip and she could feel her stomach churning with disgust. A soft cry of pain passed from her own lips and she fell to her knees, being sick on the cold cement ground.

Her cheeks were flustered and she wiped her lips as she got back to her feet when the transformation had ended. Foster seemed nonchalant and only reminded her to start at the beginning with Stratos's history. Nodding her head she began with Stratos's birth, even going so far as to state some of his parent's history. The whole time all she could think was that she would not let Stratos fall under Foster's loyalties like she had.

I"m sorry but I am going to be leaving rpnation. I know its very sad, but I have to limit my computer time. If anyone would like to take over my characters. I would greatly appreciate that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back