The Exalted 3 Kickstarter Is Up!

Lets just hope that this new edition is all that it is hyped up to be.

I can't afford this right now :( .................................................................

I want the 110 book ,_,.

No worries, it goes until june 6 but pretty sure the project has been funded by now. Let see...58k out of 60k in less than 20 min...that must be a record.

I wish it was a little cheaper to get the PDF and hard copy book besides the 110 pledge level. I suppose I'll just wait for the hard copy to come out. My friend is heading to GenCon this August; perhaps the book will be there in early release and I can have him get me a copy.

So by reading the kickstarter it seems we are getting the PDF way before the physical book goes on sale right?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That PDF has my attention. Even if I wait for the hard copy book until it comes out, I want the download version so I can read it over to my heart's content.

This is a subject that I've seen come up a lot. Which is kind of impressive since the thing's only been up for about an hour.

The Kickstarter physical copy reward is a super deluxe awesome book. It's got a fake leather cover and gilded pages and a silk bookmark and stuff.

The "normal" physical copy that anyone can get after the book is for really reals published will be print-on-demand from DriveThruRPG.

This also means that the Deluxe edition is a traditional print run, which takes longer to produce. When the book drops in October and you order a PoD physical copy, you can get it in about a week or two. The Deluxe run will be churning through the vicissitudes of traditional print during that time until the order is completed, sometime around December per the Kickstarter.

However, because of how PoD works, a full glossy, full color, 400+ page hardcover book is still going to run you at least $80+. So if you want a color physical copy, and are willing to wait the extra time after the PoD physical is available, there's not so big a price difference from chipping in for the Deluxe edition.

Or, since you might want to enshrine your Deluxe copy and get a "beater" copy PoD, you can do both and give us lots and lots of money!

[QUOTE="Plague of Hats]This is a subject that I've seen come up a lot. Which is kind of impressive since the thing's only been up for about an hour.
The Kickstarter physical copy reward is a super deluxe awesome book. It's got a fake leather cover and gilded pages and a silk bookmark and stuff.

The "normal" physical copy that anyone can get after the book is for really reals published will be print-on-demand from DriveThruRPG.

This also means that the Deluxe edition is a traditional print run, which takes longer to produce. When the book drops in October and you order a PoD physical copy, you can get it in about a week or two. The Deluxe run will be churning through the vicissitudes of traditional print during that time until the order is completed, sometime around December per the Kickstarter.

However, because of how PoD works, a full glossy, full color, 400+ page hardcover book is still going to run you at least $80+. So if you want a color physical copy, and are willing to wait the extra time after the PoD physical is available, there's not so big a price difference from chipping in for the Deluxe edition.

Or, since you might want to enshrine your Deluxe copy and get a "beater" copy PoD, you can do both and give us lots and lots of money!

[/QUOTE]
I don't suppose you can tell us when the PDF will be available?

[QUOTE="Plague of Hats]The Kickstarter says estimated delivery for that reward tier is October.

[/QUOTE]
Neat!

Ye gods that amount of money. Are people just throwing money at their screens or something. Me and my group is also considering splitting the bill and buying it together but dang. They just reached 120.000 dollars.

Exalted officially blew out of the water all the other kickstarters that White Wolf has done I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back