• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Elshien 13- OCC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
thats a great question.

Most people can use magic of a variety of kinds.

The 12 Noble families have Maximized their elemental affinity at the cost of using any other kind of magic. So while the Nobles are less diverse in ability their raw power in their element is well above average. They have access to higher level spells and a lowered cost for all spells of their affinity. Not to mention powerful spells passed down over 700+ years.

A Mage from outside of the families can mix different elements to achieve other things, like for example a steam mage mixing fire and water. However their mana amount and lower affinity would limit them from accessing the higher levels of either fire or water.

Basically spreading mana development like a videogame stat tree. You can either minmax or generalize or somewhere in between.

The Corp are a strange exception. Their mana levels are piss poor usually, and they don’t have many spells. But they are born with remarkable physical attributes at varying degrees. Corp blood can grant longevity, regen, strength, durability, speed, hell even bone claws. The king was known to sprout bat-like wings in battle but didnt always have them. They sort of absorb mana to initiate physical mutations. For some it will grant all, some get none, you can even come up with a new one i didnt list. The point is they are the BODY family and everything about their ability is physical.

Thats partly why the Heirs are so scary to some folks. They have the potential to be physical AND magical powerhouses with potent affinities and physical power that rivals most if not all other mortals.

Tense times for the Empire.
k so here's what buggirlie thinkin...

Like my charrie is like mixed blooded, but she has the royal dna in her blood since her mom had some dna donated to her from the king lol. but she is stunted in the magic-brains dept and actually has a mutation. She cannot wield magic AND magic items or even spells seem to falter or fizzle out and most attribute that to her being a jinx or just cursed. She strays away from society since she seems to ruin things and is inept with magical items. Somehow she ends up being a wilderness person that has a 'whisperer' nature about her, she prefers animal/monster company over people. She'll have a pet... something or other.

Like she is a hunter but she is like one of the most stealthiest hunters ever without knowing it cuz it's soooooooo hard to scry on her or use magic to sense her out. Her mutation is a double edged sword. But she doesn't realize it she just thinks she's awesome lol Perhaps her name is thrown around a bit as a guide or survivalist but thinkin that LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Queen picks up on who she is.

K so maybe some off her late hubbies consorts have accidentally leaked info that with kings death it was time to take stock of all 'loose ends' (illegitamate kids) and cut off the ones that poised to challenge throne? or something. But this mutant they've been keeping tabs on could prove to be dangerours and needs to be offed. But for REASONS Queen sees the hunter as useful or pitied? And takes her on as specialty role X to the Queen, staying her execution.

My girlie is gunna be a big tough strong sweetheart whose heart is in the right place but is kinda slow witted... but she means well. She's not clumsy by any stretch of imagination, but she kinda... like you know how people struggle with tech and screw things up by just looking at it? Yeah. that's her lol. No mistake she can be aggressive an d ferocious but like any good dog, they can be trained to chill with but a single look kinda deal.

My only concern would be if she causes enchanted items to malfunction would the Queen's soul gem be affected? If so the Queen wouldn't hire her of course. Or they'd have to find a way to work together from a distance.
k so here's what buggirlie thinkin...

Like my charrie is like mixed blooded, but she has the royal dna in her blood since her mom had some dna donated to her from the king lol. but she is stunted in the magic-brains dept and actually has a mutation. She cannot wield magic AND magic items or even spells seem to falter or fizzle out and most attribute that to her being a jinx or just cursed. She strays away from society since she seems to ruin things and is inept with magical items. Somehow she ends up being a wilderness person that has a 'whisperer' nature about her, she prefers animal/monster company over people. She'll have a pet... something or other.

Like she is a hunter but she is like one of the most stealthiest hunters ever without knowing it cuz it's soooooooo hard to scry on her or use magic to sense her out. Her mutation is a double edged sword. But she doesn't realize it she just thinks she's awesome lol Perhaps her name is thrown around a bit as a guide or survivalist but thinkin that LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Queen picks up on who she is.

K so maybe some off her late hubbies consorts have accidentally leaked info that with kings death it was time to take stock of all 'loose ends' (illegitamate kids) and cut off the ones that poised to challenge throne? or something. But this mutant they've been keeping tabs on could prove to be dangerours and needs to be offed. But for REASONS Queen sees the hunter as useful or pitied? And takes her on as specialty role X to the Queen, staying her execution.

My girlie is gunna be a big tough strong sweetheart whose heart is in the right place but is kinda slow witted... but she means well. She's not clumsy by any stretch of imagination, but she kinda... like you know how people struggle with tech and screw things up by just looking at it? Yeah. that's her lol. No mistake she can be aggressive an d ferocious but like any good dog, they can be trained to chill with but a single look kinda deal.

My only concern would be if she causes enchanted items to malfunction would the Queen's soul gem be affected? If so the Queen wouldn't hire her of course. Or they'd have to find a way to work together from a distance.
K this gunna be sad. Like she just a side charrie but like whatever. Thinkin that there is a way for her to be near the Queen. There is a suppressant. Special macguffin mineral X.from the middle of the world or some scorched layer will stop my girlies jinxing curse. She uses it and she can be temporarily cured and use magic items and he near magic.sources. But! Like at a cost.

Think of it like radiation treating.a.cancer.in her head. Like it works but this therapy is slowly killing her. The more and more she visits the Queen the faster she is walking straight into her grave. But she is devoted and loyal and kinda heart is bigger than her brain so she persists.

And like.yeah it's dark but it's a win win for royals: Queen gets to outsource to ansuper sneaky overland spy/saboteur and sooner than later she will die and thus cutting off a loose end without raising even a butter knife to her neck.

Almost done with map. Adding features and such. I cant photoshop with my laptop busted so its just the penmanship for now.

Now is your chance to name a city. Each Family has a city, with the capitol being Imperitus.

IMG_1918.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello hello everyone!

Doomyfish23 Doomyfish23 Figured i should move here but regarding the whole dynamic, I think my kid would have tried following in the oldest's steps and would have been vying for some sort of military prowess because of their martial ability but also specifically because they're more strategic. Not quite as strong as the oldest but is making up for if with being a little bit more cunning.

They didn't want the throne but wouldn't be that opposed to sitting on it if it meant that they wouldn't appear as weak to their neighboring kingdoms due to a prolonged power vacuum.

Did the heirs grow up together (technically) in the castle?

Hello hello everyone!

Doomyfish23 Doomyfish23 Figured i should move here but regarding the whole dynamic, I think my kid would have tried following in the oldest's steps and would have been vying for some sort of military prowess because of their martial ability but also specifically because they're more strategic. Not quite as strong as the oldest but is making up for if with being a little bit more cunning.

They didn't want the throne but wouldn't be that opposed to sitting on it if it meant that they wouldn't appear as weak to their neighboring kingdoms due to a prolonged power vacuum.

Did the heirs grow up together (technically) in the castle?
Im fine with that and it sounds rather entertaining to be honest.

Yes they did, Malchor was often away on duty or tending to Dorche Ceremonies. But when he was there he was usually very encouraging to his siblings, he would be one to remind his siblings no matter if they were legitimate or not, people depended on them. But they only depended on them, because of how dependable we are. He would always see his siblings standing on equal footing with himself, even The non combatants, and illegitimate.

Im fine with that and it sounds rather entertaining to be honest.

Yes they did, Malchor was often away on duty or tending to Dorche Ceremonies. But when he was there he was usually very encouraging to his siblings, he would be one to remind his siblings no matter if they were legitimate or not, people depended on them. But they only depended on them, because of how dependable we are. He would always see his siblings standing on equal footing with himself, even The non combatants, and illegitimate.
Perfect, perfect

And reading up on the queen as well and her being maternal I think would at least place my kid in a better light than if they were raised separately. I think my kid's mother screwed into their head that they need to be useful and very much almost turned them into a military dog / weapon.

Perfect, perfect

And reading up on the queen as well and her being maternal I think would at least place my kid in a better light than if they were raised separately. I think my kid's mother screwed into their head that they need to be useful and very much almost turned them into a military dog / weapon.
Well they will certainly have something to relate to big bro about there lol.

K this gunna be sad. Like she just a side charrie but like whatever. Thinkin that there is a way for her to be near the Queen. There is a suppressant. Special macguffin mineral X.from the middle of the world or some scorched layer will stop my girlies jinxing curse. She uses it and she can be temporarily cured and use magic items and he near magic.sources. But! Like at a cost.

Think of it like radiation treating.a.cancer.in her head. Like it works but this therapy is slowly killing her. The more and more she visits the Queen the faster she is walking straight into her grave. But she is devoted and loyal and kinda heart is bigger than her brain so she persists.

And like.yeah it's dark but it's a win win for royals: Queen gets to outsource to ansuper sneaky overland spy/saboteur and sooner than later she will die and thus cutting off a loose end without raising even a butter knife to her neck.
That’s a fine method with me so long as Doomyfish23 Doomyfish23 approves it.

Indeed i just want to get my lore and such together.

Next up is a summary of each of the families.

Then ill get my Two Heirs out.
Ughs.. someone just said Discord. l just turned into a pumpkin lol cuz me n discord just don't get along.

Yeah just gunna slink my way out.

Good luck with RP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back