• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~The Dragon Anomaly~ OOC

I proofread and thought some more stuff in the meantime. We can hide my next post, as you can copy and paste. Add and remove, whichever.

Stone it is! I guess my character is 19, a year younger than yours? Or should I bunk it to 24-going-on-25? (24 might be better, the more I think of it.)

(I removed the draft here.)

I'll try to draw this out sometime. I need to study in a few minutes too. I think I'm done though!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Abyss-  It depends on what you mean. What is typed for the roleplay is what is provided. What did you have in mind?

Something to with either the Stone or Earth hybrids; is it possible for them to exhale different types of metals and minerals?

Something to with either the Stone or Earth hybrids; is it possible for them to exhale different types of metals and minerals?

Ah, yes, they do. Earth dragons exhale mainly igneous and metamorphic rocks. Stone dragons exhale sedimentary rocks and metamorphic rocks.

I think having both dragons producing metamorphic rocks is the better option, despite them occurring under extreme heat and pressure underground. It keeps the ability in the middle, while being exclusive at the same time. However, the Stone dragons form metamorphic rocks in minute quantities.

Nevermind, that idea seems out of hand now. Stone dragons exhale sedimentary rocks only. Otherwise, they have a bit more overwhelming quality than the other dragons, unless SpatulaKnight wants to keep this.

Thorne looks great! Just let me know when your done with her, and I'll add her to the characters. And thanks for helping Abyss xD  i'm in the car and wont get home for another 3 hours

Ah, yes, they do. Earth dragons exhale mainly igneous and metamorphic rocks. Stone dragons exhale sedimentary rocks and metamorphic rocks.

I think having both dragons producing metamorphic rocks is the better option, despite them occurring under extreme heat and pressure underground. It keeps the ability in the middle, while being exclusive at the same time. However, the Stone dragons form metamorphic rocks in minute quantities.

Nevermind, that idea seems out of hand now. Stone dragons exhale sedimentary rocks only. Otherwise, they have a bit more overwhelming quality than the other dragons, unless SpatulaKnight wants to keep this.

Oh. I actually really liked the idea of them having that since... well they are stone dragons, so it makes sense to me for them to focus on a variety of minerals. Plus I kinda think that sedimentary rocks would be more similar to earth dragons since it's formed of other materials and often starts off organic in nature (from different soil/rock types, animal remains, etc.).

Also as another idea, you could always give stone dragons the ability to exhale crystals and metals instead of the other types, which would give them a refined/specialized aspect whereas earth could be more generalized and encompass everything else within their domain. Or just have it so that every stone or earth dragon character picks their own breath weapon that fits under one of these catagories.

@Abyss- So, we should keep the idea of metamorphism for Stone dragons? I thought, since Earth dragons are more likely to spend their time underground and work more often with Fire dragons, they should have the abilities to shape igneous and metamorphic rocks.

It is a bit difficult to find clever ways to distinguish the two dragon types.

@Abyss- So, we should keep the idea of metamorphism for Stone dragons? I thought, since Earth dragons are more likely to spend their time underground and work more often with Fire dragons, they should have the abilities to shape igneous and metamorphic rocks.

It is a bit difficult to find clever ways to distinguish the two dragon types.

It's definitely tricky.  I edited my post above so I don't know if your caught this, but you could make it so that stone dragons work with pure crystals and metals instead. 

It could even be a part of why they've become rare; humans are attracted to their ability to produce expensive substances and the possible profit that comes from capturing, killing, or even just engaging one in a fight. 

Oh, yeah, I did think of the crystallization. I was cautious of it though. I didn't want to invoke favoritism on Stone dragons, and Bedazzle the lives out of them. I enjoy elegance, but I prefer balance overall. If you and Spatula think it should change to this, I'm all for it. I don't want to be a dictator.

You gave me a whole new reason as to how I wanted to start off for Thorne. :D  I was struggling with this.

hehe xD  I've just been lurking. I think we could add more stuff with the Stone Dragons, though I feel like they have a lot of stuff going on compared to the other dragons. I just would like to make sure things are balanced, so as Illusionist put it, we don't have any favoritism.

Oh, yeah, I did think of the crystallization. I was cautious of it though. I didn't want to invoke favoritism on Stone dragons, and Bedazzle the lives out of them. I enjoy elegance, but I prefer balance overall. If you and Spatula think it should change to this, I'm all for it. I don't want to be a dictator.

You gave me a whole new reason as to how I wanted to start off for Thorne. :D  I was struggling with this.

I'm glad I could be of help! 

hehe xD  I've just been lurking. I think we could add more stuff with the Stone Dragons, though I feel like they have a lot of stuff going on compared to the other dragons. I just would like to make sure things are balanced, so as Illusionist put it, we don't have any favoritism.

My goal isn't to invoke favouritism  but I did think it would be a fitting ability based off of what they already have. 

So, is it settled? Earth dragons may form sedimentary, igneous, and metamorphic rocks. Stone dragons share this ability with the Earth dragons, but are limited to crystals, and gemstones(?). Should we include silver and gold? Copper? Platinum? Muhhh?

Heyy, @SpatulaKnight, I think I finished my character sheet. Check her out. ;P

If the ability solidifies the material upon contact and not in the air, it would lessen the capabilities so that's it acts more restricting (more like use, except one wouldn't be hurt from the cold) rather than outright harmfull (like fire) unless someone were to be entirely encased or hit somewhere like the head (but again, that's the same with ice). 

So, is it settled? Earth dragons may form sedimentary, igneous, and metamorphic rocks. Stone dragons share this ability with the Earth dragons, but are limited to crystals, and gemstones(?). Should we include silver and gold? Copper? Platinum? Muhhh?

Heyy, @SpatulaKnight, I think I finished my character sheet. Check her out. ;P

I think precious metals should be included, they have monetary value (which could help our characters out as they travel) but are actually rather soft and not much good for anything else. They can also be found in crystal form.

Thorne looks great! I added her to the characters. Abyss when yeah finish your characters let me know so I can add them. 

so whats the descision with the earth and Stone dragons?

Also, as soon as you guys are ready we can start the rp. Cus I do need to go to bed in about an hour and a half xD  I have school in the morning

Thorne looks great! I added her to the characters. Abyss when yeah finish your characters let me know so I can add them. 

so whats the descision with the earth and Stone dragons?

Also, as soon as you guys are ready we can start the rp. Cus I do need to go to bed in about an hour and a half xD  I have school in the morning

I can empathize with that. 

Jeez, Thorne will be a gold mine.

I agree on precious metals, but stick with MINUTE quantities. We can't afford to have a river of gold. xD

Crystallized silver? I would like to see that. Or, did you mean by how they form (like in Animal Crossing as ore)?

As for how they form, I would think that the better option would be that the rocks form "out of thin air," converting matter into another form in the addition of atomic chemistry. (Sounds catastrophic for their insides.) It'd be more ideal to form the objects in their palms. Should they do it on plants or rocks (unless it's sand, which will reshape into those crystals), their breath would coat the said objects. So, graffiti dragons. *Jazz hands.*

Jeez, Thorne will be a gold mine.

I agree on precious metals, but stick with MINUTE quantities. We can't afford to have a river of gold. xD

Crystallized silver? I would like to see that. Or, did you mean by how they form (like in Animal Crossing as ore)?

As for how they form, I would think that the better option would be that the rocks form "out of thin air," converting matter into another form in the addition of atomic chemistry. (Sounds catastrophic for their insides.) The Stone dragons should form the objects... Give me a sec to refresh to read your comments.

Crystallization actually refers to arrangment of molecules in a substance (lattice structure) so it's possible for any metal to also be a 'crystal' provided their structure follows a certain pattern. 

(Iron-Pyrite Crystal)

IMG_2640.JPG

(Gold Crystal)

IMG_2639.JPG

(Copper crystal)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back