• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Task Force 183

Yang Xiao Long

Sunny Little Dragon
Task Force 183 was a 140 man, special operations joint task force maintained by the U.S Army, and Royal Canadian Armed Forces until two hours ago. When under an EMP the two C-17 Globe Masters transporting them went down over the Canadian wilderness. Unknown to the men, and women of TF183 north america has been invaded by an overwhelming force.

The RP will start out in the C-17s. They will go down in northern Nunavut a very sparsely populated area during the fall. Due to the EMP most of their electronic equipment has been damaged. Including electronic sights, range fingers, and radios.

Before you start thinking up elite Navy seals, and Sam fishers. TF183 isn't an elite fighting unit, it is a joint task force meaning most members are regular infantry and soldiers. I'll accept a few ex-elite commandos but I expect most characters to be normal joes.

TF183 was headed to the Middle East when the invasion started, one of the main things they will need to do is obtain survival gear for fighting in the Canadian wilderness. They have basic gear such as modular tents, sleeping bags, ect. But not the specific equipment needed for the Canadian wilderness such as woodland, and winter BDUs, winter jackets, field heaters.

The first C-17 contained the bulk of the task force, but the second one contained most of their equipment including three Stryker ICV, and MREs.

I'm hoping to get about four or five people to join me on this RP. We can discuss more details once I create the thread.

I'm intrigued by the idea. I'm eager to read more details about it before committing to this roleplay, if you're okay with that of course.

Well, I skimmed through the OP missing some of the details I wanted to ask about. From my understanding, we're going into middle eastern Canada or did I misinterpret some of the information? Who else will be a threat besides the harsh, unforgiving wilderness?

Sure I'll be putting up the thread.

Zakkachu said:
Well, I skimmed through the OP missing some of the details I wanted to ask about. From my understanding, we're going into middle eastern Canada or did I misinterpret some of the information? Who else will be a threat besides the harsh, unforgiving wilderness?
The task force will encounter Russian, Chinese, and north Korean forces.

As for allies, they won't have many. Most major north american military bases, and cities would of fallen by the time we engage enemy forces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back