• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Streets ~ RP

HannaTheHippy

~ ハンナ ~
~ Whitles as I strut back into RPN ~

~ Feels bad for canceling all other RPs ~

Anywho, hello. I'm Hanna and I'm ready to get back into RPing ^.^

For starters, if I did leave your messages unread, please understand my disappearance was quick and unavoidable.
For reasons I won't say

But, I'm back now and hungry as ever for a decent role play.

Plot:

We're tramps, vagabonds, hobos, street people, whichever. We're on the streets, surviving Chicago's winters and harsh nights. When all is hopeless, we find happiness with interactions. We're a family, members who stick together through everything, never knowing when the worst may creep up.

Rules:

~ Spelling, grammar, and punctuation are huge parts of any RP.

~ I'm personally fine with every roleplay style, besides one-liners (This is different for dialog). Use whatever style fits you! ^.^

~ Have any many characters as you'd like, just make sure they're all active.

~ Be realistic. Keep in mind your character is homeless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Official first post ^.^

Shelia ~

She waltzed around the perimeter of the car garage's floor, the group's living quarters. The garage was connected to the neighboring hospital, but neither were in use. The hospital had been moved across town, only the building remaining. It was late in the night, but she couldn't tell the time -- all night time hours blended together when no clocks were available. Shelia figured Charlie would be awake, hidden on the other levels of the parking garage, purposefully away from the rest. She glanced beyond her family -- whether they be sleeping or up doing something, she had an urge to socialize. Shelia halted her scouting and began walking across the area, to the family's members.

Charlie ~

Charlie sat below where the others stayed. He was lying low, in an alleyway, muttering songs to himself to pass the time. He drained his last bottle three hours ago and was still shitfaced. He couldn't approach the gang like this, if they didn't already know, they would, then. They'd know he drank himself into health problems, they'd know the retching at five A.M. was from him, they'd know his limping was from a drunken fight, not from a ankle injury, and they'd know their cash was dwindling because of him, not Shelia. He kept grumbling insults to himself, sniffling, and continuously struggling with his jacket that wouldn't fully zip. Surely, he felt awful about wasting money, about the hangovers, about tricking Shelia into taking his actions as her own. But, Charlie wouldn't, couldn't, stop his addiction.

@FireMaiden

@Mokii

@Jasil

@djinnamon

@Smoaki

@Rhea

Luna

Luna waltzed in, carrying her heels in one hand, a Pile of pizza boxes in the other.

Her ruffled clothes, hair and bruised body told many tales, as did her tired eyes.

"Wake up kiddies!"

She yelled to the inhabitants.

"I worked hard for this so unless ya want to starve, come and get it!"

Luna stood in the middle of the living area expectantly and placed the boxes on the ground next to her shoes.

Luna ran a hand through her messy but soft hair.

@Rhea @FireMaiden @Mokii @Smoaki @djinnamon @HannaTheHippy

Chloe jumps up and grabs a box. "Thanks Luna!" She shouts while stuffing cheese pizza in her mouth. Chloe's fingers where raw from the clod air and her lips were chapped but the warm slice filling her mouth and going down into her stomach surely did ease her pains. "So where have you been Luna?" Chloe said stuffing the rest of her crust in her mouth whole. Chloe's eyes were sunken in and her cheeks hallow, she hadn't eaten anything in a few days. After she was done eating she grabbed her pink backpack and dumped out the contents. A five dollar bill and some change, with a few pairs of underwear that were to big for her. "Anyone need some undies?" She shouted across the garage.

Luna

Luna sighed, watching the hungry teen.

"You don't want to know baby."

She said sadly and stroked a piece of Chloe's hair.

Picking up a pair of underwear, Luna scrunched up her nose.

"The real question is where the hell did you get these?"

Luna looked to Chloe.

"Did you steal these?"

Even under their poor conditions, Luna still didn't like stealing.
@Rhea

"Well maybe, it depends really. I mean they were just laying there by a sink in the bathroom down at the pub." Chloe knew that she had stolen them while someone was trying to wash them but, she didn't want to tell Luna that. She opened the bigger compartment and unloaded cheetos and pepsis galore. Chloe stock piled them into a big tub where she kept the food she collected, she openly shared her food bin with everyone. She stashed some away for herself for later. She then put her pack back away and curled up underneath a blanket, her little body didn't take the cold well, she had already been sick twice. "Did you see anything interesting while you were gone?" Chloe asked Luna. She snuggled closer to her in anticipation. Then Chloe saw Sheila approaching, "Hey Sheila! Want some pizza?"

@Jasil @HannaTheHippy

Shelia looked over at Luna when she yelled for everyone else to wake up. She decided not to walk over, though starving. Finally, Chloe got her attention, and instead of a leisurely walk, she began to job over. "Sure." She smiled, looking up at Luna, then over to Chloe "How many for one person?" A tint to Shelia's voice hinted she was sick. Her nose was stuffy and she couldn't stop sniffling and coughing. "Does anyone have tissues, by the way?"

@Jasil @Rhea

Luna

Luna dropped the underwear.

"I'll throw them in with the clothes next laundry day."

Luna loved acting like they were a real family, living in a house instead of an abandoned building. She was constantly referring to things as if they were normal people. Laundry day was a luxury to her.

Luna looked to Chloe and then Shelia

"Grab two honey, and no, no tissues, just STD covered undies. Chloe I'll tell you about my adventure in a moment."

Luna looked at Shelia with confusion.

"You okay? You don't look so hot baby."

Concern filled Luna's soft features.

Luna

"Here" Chloe said handing her some tissues she had left over. "Try these they helped me alot." She handed Sheila two little white antibiotic pills. Chloe then got up wrapping the blanket around her shoulders, she walked over to her tin "Soda?" She said lifting a pepsi bottle towards Sheila. She then sat back down, filling her bag up with cheetos and a pepsi. "Well I gotta run, See you guys later!" Chloe said slinging her backpack over her arms she skipped out of the inhabited part of the garage to the second level. She kept walking till she noticed Charlie lying in a ditch. She walks over to him to see if he's dead or not. "Charlie are you alright?" Chloe asked.

@Jasil @HannaTheHippy

AJ Kadence

black-hair-blue-eyes-girl-long-hair-Favim.com-1279892.jpg

AJ walked in after Luna and spotted the pizza she held. AJ hadn't eaten in most likely over a week and she bit her lip hungrily, but she had to make sure everyone else got food before she did. Even though she was rather coarse, she wanted everyone else to be comfortable before her.

"Everyone a'ight? (alright)," she asked as she walked in, running a hand through her hair to smooth it a bit. She'd never really had a proper education, so she used many shortened versions of words.

Luna

Luna rolled her eyes at Chloe's leaving figure.

"That girl."

She muttered and sat down on the ground, her tired body crying out in joy at the relief.

Luna looked up at AJ, another one of her 'kids'

"Hey honey, come eat. I got three boxes it's enough for everyone."

Luna leaned back and stretched out her bare legs, not caring if she was in a dress.
@Rhea @HannaTheHippy @Smoaki

AJ Kadence

proxy.php

AJ again considered eating and finally convinced herself. She wasn't one to lower her guard too often, but she hadn't eaten in days. She took a slice of pizza gratefully and bit into it, snarfing down the rest of it rather quickly. Sitting down next to the others she pulled out the pocket knife she usually had in her pocket and scratched at the table absentmindedly.

"Have we gotten trouble from any the gangs?" she asked Luna. She usually knew about anything and everything to do with the area around them due to her unfortunate career. Sometimes AJ wondered why Luna stuck with it, since she even seemed to dislike it.

@Jasil

Luna

Luna shook her head.

"Nah they've got nothing with us but, they're having trouble with each other though, so dont go in any neutral territory. Oh and stay away from the north square, lot of drive bys over there this month."

Luna said these things like a mother reminding her children to just simply not talk to strangers, or don't play in the road.

In reality Luna's words scared her, especially since she was normally the one in the dangerous areas.

To lighten the mood Luna playfully swatted AJs arm.

"Hey now, that's our only decent table."

And it was true, Luna had found it broken in the hospital and her and a few of the boys fixed it up.

Luna

@Smoaki

Gigi walked back into the parking garage with a busted lip, a broken nose, and a small wad of cash. She spit, the wiped her lip, slinging a tattered backpack over her shoulders. In it were a few bottles of water and a small bag of medical things. "Hey guys, I'm back!" She called softly, lessening the echo of her voice. She then smelled pizza. "Oh my god," she said softly, before walking up to Luna. "Is there still some left?" She asked with a hopeful smile.

@Jasil

Luna

(Being mom is hard, I gotta keep up with all ya midgets)

Luna looked up to see Gigi,

"Of course honey, i made sure to make enough money to buy pizza for everyone."

Luna shuddered slightly at the memory of all the things she had to do to afford three extra large pizzas.

"Two slices for everyone."

Finally Luna looked closely at her 'kids' face.

"What the hell!?"

Luna shot up onto her feet and closed the distance between her and Gigi.

She gripped the girls face in her hands.

"What. The. Hell?"

She repeated.

Luna

AJ Kadence

proxy.php

She smiled at Luna, if not slightly forcing it, and laughed.

"I'll remember that," she responded, handing a slice of cheese pizza to Gigi. It scared her slightly that only a couple years ago saying something like that would have been a surprise, but it was normal now.

@Jasil @FireMaiden

Gigi chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of her neck. "Um...," She waved the small bit of cash in front of Luna, "A uh...not so satisfied customer who was a bit reluctant to pay. I'm fine though, don't worry," Gigi said, taking the pizza from AJ.

@Jasil @Smoaki

Chloe skipped past Charlie's corpsy body, and skipped right into the city that was always crazy and full with people at this hour. She walked into the pub, "Hey Rick," Chloe said handing him three grocery bags filled with nickles then stacked up ten big trash bags of recycable cans. Then Rick handed her some odd amount of money in big bills. "Um whats this?" Chloe ask pointing to the 5 hundred bills. "Your cut of the cans I sold, I told you it would take a while but it'd be worth it didn't I?" he said in a real redneck voice. Chloe almost chocked on air "you've got to be shitting me!" Rick shook his head. Chloe "Thanks Rick!" She shouted as she ran out of the pub and back up the garage as fast as she could. When she finally made it to the top, she stopped tucking the money in her bra before heading into the people congested area. "Hey guys! I'm back!"

Luna

"Who?"

She growled out in a menacing whisper.

No one could deny Luna was a momma bear, and one of her cubs had been hurt.

"Gigi I swear to God of you don't tell me what your 'job' was and who hit you, I will fucking bring hell upon the entire group and then go out and find them myself."

That was how Luna handled order around here, if one person gets in trouble, the whole group is in trouble.

She found it helped give extra motivation not to mess up.

Luna saw Chloe come back but paid no mind.

@Rhea @FireMaiden @Smoaki

"Woah what happened to Gigi?" Chloe asked looking at Gigi's face closer. She also noticed Luna rage behind her, she looked to the rest of the family and asked "Uh Whats going on?" Chloe slowly backed out of the fury range and went to her little camp. Everyone was distracted so this was the perfect time to hide the 5 hundred she had just received she hide the money at the bottom of her "Private box, KEEP OUT!" in a small, round, plastic, dip can.

@Jasil @FireMaiden

Users who are viewing this thread

Back