• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Stranded

Ok so I was recently in a production of Lord of the Flies where I played a hunter and the girl who played piggy was a total idiot. SHe didn't know what half of the lines meant, how to deliver them, or how to memorize them. I ended up having to sub in the first night because she couldn't remember her lines. WHen I actually got to kill her onstage, I actually started cheering because I wouldn't have to listen to her annoying voice or poor delivery. In other words, I hated this girl so much I was happy to kill her onstage. ANd that is why I am terrified of myself. Thanks, Piggy.

Either she was extremely horrid, or you had a violent upbringing dude. I'm hoping for the former! Aha I've had to read the novel three times now, luckily I won't have to as a senior. Each time it's been a hate for a different character, first being the antagonist, second being the protagonist, and last time being Piggy. I don't know why, but my opinions change constantly.

AceOfSpades0210 said:
Either she was extremely horrid, or you had a violent upbringing dude. I'm hoping for the former! Aha I've had to read the novel three times now, luckily I won't have to as a senior. Each time it's been a hate for a different character, first being the antagonist, second being the protagonist, and last time being Piggy. I don't know why, but my opinions change constantly.
I didn't have a violent upbringing... I'm just a rather violent person. (O:))

The book is good but i like the play better. It moves faster and leaves more to the brain-bits

No worries man, sorry didn't reply in a fashionable amount of time. I'm scrolling through threads hoping to find other groups. Recently came back to RPN, so right now I'm just trying to get into enough groups to keep me entertained. I was in two, which was a good amount, but it got locked cause a group of friends became toys for each other constantly, unbelievable. So now its just this one, so if anyone here has suggestions or has another thread that needs players, I can be that guy! Now enough of my self-advertising, sorry.

LotF, eh, I've always been a book over play/movie person. Just a preference, y'know? The characters fit to however you want to see them, like Piggy having facial figures like a pig, or however as far as the imagination gives you for descriptions.

Dang, dude. That looks like such an interesting topic to be playing on, but I've never settled for anything higher than Casual. As you can see in this one, I struggle to keep up a paragraph with the time I have. Putting together a paragraph or so takes about an hour for me, since I can only get on the phone when there isn't any misc jobs or customers in the building. Believe me, detailed if I could, but 9-10 hours of work, a healthy amount of sleep (funny, I hardly do actually. Up late exploring this often), and I get exhausted pretty badly. Hope that gets running @ERRQR , it'd be a shame if it didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
not exacly mad. My charactor is a chemists. He has didn't blow his arm clean off. He just wounded it a bit after the mini explosion when he was dealing with a dangerous element he was transporting

[QUOTE="Little gasmask]not exacly mad. My charactor is a chemists. He has didn't blow his arm clean off. He just wounded it a bit after the mini explosion when he was dealing with a dangerous element he was transporting

[/QUOTE]
Ah, alright. You had said "at the cost of an arm", so I completely assumed it was gone.

[QUOTE="Quiet Is Violent]Snakes, pigs, birds, rodents. There is also a monster that is on the island, but that monster will be controlled by me and me only.

[/QUOTE]
Oooh.. exciting

Yeah, I hinted that we were going over in that direction. We'll wait til the next morning, we aren't all exactly 100%

I know its a bit late but I was working of LOTF at school for my exam and I agree the play for me was a lot better. Even though the fire special effects they used didn't work on that night it was still really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back