• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Skyworld [Steampunk]

lol Ronny and I might still have another friend joining up. I reminded him today, might harass him a little more to get involved before we start

Phew. Okay! Just updated my character's background. Now, I just need to flush out his personality and combat style before I'm all a go.

Hey guys saw the archie signal

migs-signal.jpg

STARTING IN A DAY AND A HALF LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED

If you've done your character:

Enjoy a martini, go to bed, and wake up pumped

If you haven't:

If you can, great. If you can't, it's all good - I'll weave everyone into the group best I can and off any information. Take your time all

Heeey @Sunbather @ronnydazzler @General Deth Glitch @minusultra @Effervescent @Bone2pick @Juway @RedTimbre we're open!!!

You have total freedom to change up the plot, but when you do, spice things up, not down.

RP is officially a go- don't worry if you're still charging some things up in the CS - there's no problem there, as long as the basic idea for your char is up, it's all k

The plot only has a vague outline up because it's not on a railroad and anyone can change it. I added a basic idea of the mages attacking to kill the 3 leaders because we don't have any powerful characters (which is in a way a very good thing), so all of us will need some action to become critical to the world. Innovate as you will, and don't hesitate to add NPCs if you've got an idea for a fiendish leader of rebels - think of this as us collectively worldbuilding as we go along

Let's do some plotting too, I'll PM anyone who hasn't logged on for a long time in their profiles

@Sunbather you're Ling's fellow Yuan- maybe your merc's already been hired by Da Wang to help snoop around? I was super vague about ling's mission here since in any case it's going to get interrupted by the mage terrorists attacking the convention center

@General Deth Glitch your dude is going to be really vital since he has a navy ship and contact with high command. Lemme try to sell this idea to you - maybe you're the one who saves the King, and we flee with you out of Aeterna?

@minusultra I was thinking my char's mission as a Yuan spy was actually to get the ringlet, so he'd be looking for your character when the attack happens, but then circumstances would change. Instead of being a "kill this person and take her magic ring" mission, it would become "let's all get out of here before we all die"

@Effervescent what if your assassin and my spy were working with eachother? It's up to you but I don't think either would trust eachother totally so it would be interesting to see how their interests overlap

@Bone2pick I was thinking your char might have some treasure Ling was sent by his lord to go find. Of course it would be really hard to take from him as he has so much and is a fighter, plus he has Cam. Maybe they'd have to make deals and find artifacts for eachother. The two of them are also some of the older characters, they could have known eachother from the past as vague contacts

@RedTimbre the twins have a really interesting ability: think they might end up being a game changer at teh convention center? Maybe, to survive, they start singing and it changes the behavior of everyone in the huge crowd. The convention center is a breeding ground for their power, with an audience of tens of thousands of people at once and walls with great acoustics

@ronnydazzler @Juway hmmm the way Yuan and Marauders can work together as mutual outcasts in the international world could be interesting. @Juway were you thinking the Marauders might be hosting the Order? We could start to flesh this menace out. I was thinking Ling as a spymaster might know a couple and be looking for them to help after or during the Order's attacks, like Isaac

@Juway this is a crazy idea, but maybe one of the missions your character is on is to kill my character? Or vice versa? Spy drama!!

Tell me what you all think, and please plot with eachother too, in PM or here

Anyway sorry for overwhelming you all, a Saturday well spent for me is a saturday full of wals of text

That sounds good, I was planning on starting with my 'father' and then rushing with some of my crew to the fair when I hear somethings up? I mean we can then try to fight our way to my ship with my crew defending us?

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]That sounds good, I was planning on starting with my 'father' and then rushing with some of my crew to the fair when I hear somethings up? I mean we can then try to fight our way to my ship with my crew defending us?

[/QUOTE]
Sounds good, if you want to contorl any of the Aeternian officials, go ahead. The gist is that the Regent knows he's politically fucked and, though a terrible person, is brave: think Richard III. He knows he's going to die so he's going to go in there guns blazing and kill as many Enlightened as he can.

Let me know what you think of this idea... let's say the Regent has a son and wants him to be the new regent, so he orders an elite captain like Dameos and a couple others to get the King and transfer him to the son's ship. Dameos gets there first through the chaos as the mages are attacking, then loads the King onto the ship. But then the King talks to all of us who fled to the Aeternian about how he was abused and about all the scandals at court, so Dameos has a choice of whether to hand him over to the younger Mottley or set up a government based around the King, or even declare himself regent from his prestige in the fleet: the king, after all, is in his custody. The mottleys, like the other regents, dodged all the big questions instead of confronting the country's problems.

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]I like the idea and I think we should let it play out, not planning too far into it?

[/QUOTE]
Yeah same, I'm not a big fan of throwing plots too far in the future, we'll see how the characters end up in the attack since things could change that influence all our decisions

Archie said:
@Effervescent what if your assassin and my spy were working with eachother? It's up to you but I don't think either would trust eachother totally so it would be interesting to see how their interests overlap
I think that'd be pretty cool. Perhaps a mission has them working together? I'll need to check your character out again and then read the intro post of the RP, though, just to catch up and be sure on everything!

@Archie Well, I don't want to reveal too much about the story arc @ronnydazzler and I have planned because it's going to be based on a lot of suspense and twists and turns, as any spy drama should, but most of the arc will take place in the Marauder world. And yes, Clan Raven will probably have ties with the Order. When I can PM you, I'll be happy to tell you more : )

Effervescent said:
I think that'd be pretty cool. Perhaps a mission has them working together? I'll need to check your character out again and then read the intro post of the RP, though, just to catch up and be sure on everything!
Sounds great I'll shoot you a message when i get up in the morning but dont be afraid to post before, winging it's the most fun

Arent I adorable sleeping at 12:30

Cool, I like the idea. Now I just got to figure out why this person would give something that powerful to a random girl.... Hmmm

I have an idea for my character to start on a separate timeline. Bel's story would take place a few weeks in the past, and then with each post I'd close the time gap. Eventually I'd catch up to the World Fair events.

That way I could see where Bel would best fit into the RP's big political plot points.

Bone2pick said:
I have an idea for my character to start on a separate timeline. Bel's story would take place a few weeks in the past, and then with each post I'd close the time gap. Eventually I'd catch up to the World Fair events.
That way I could see where Bel would best fit into the RP's big political plot points.
Sounds good and interesting idea

Maybe he could have met some of the chars along the way

W-w-w-whaaaa

Thats it im leaving RPN forever

While I'm busy doing that, lets figure out a plot

Maybe your twins can change the mood of the hall when the attack happens? You might actually be the vital element in turning it around

LOL THANK YOU PEOPLE SAID YOU COULDNT DO GIFS ON RPN

SrzHB.gif

And I believed them

That's up in the air since events are still playing out, but probably to some far away land

So far plots "in public" involve the King getting saved by the Aeternian's captain and us trying to board then rushing over, but there's a lot of secret stuff

@MsPolite has under her protection the order's grandmaster, and she's got a fleet hiding in the clouds too, so we won't run out of action for a while

Roooooodger that.

I think in about three more cups of coffee and some brainstorming, and or damage, I'll think of something to write.

Also, why is Tennant wearing a MuMu? Is that from Physician What? I mean, Dr. Who?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back