• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Skyworld [Steampunk]

Sunbather said:
Writing my CS rn. Humans only or is there... humanoid species as well?
Good question! In physical ability everyone will be roughly human but races with other outside features are really possible due to inbreeding. Consider galapagos and how it's isolation means evolution is 5x faster. It would be the same in a world with islands. So if you all want to make elves and gnomes, go for it. Orcs, fur creatures? Weeeell that's a stretch

I like the setting, it has room for quite a range of character types. But how much freedom are you willing to give to players? Could I create a character who adventures through your shared world but deals with their own plot, and has little interaction with the other players?

@Bone2pick for sure, in fact I imagine this having spinoffs later and everyone who posts fleshes out the world and makes it richer. I wrote up six lands, but there are millions of islands drifting through the skies.

Hail, friends.

I'm glad to see this is still going forward. I guess I hadn't been getting alerts for the interest check either. I'll work on a CS today after work.

I've been working on my CS, but I was curious about a few things. This is some pretty expansive lore, which is very promising! Does this mean the roleplay will be split between the nations, or will there be one main plot in the beginning to which all of our characters will be tied?

Looking good so far with the chars everyone, all approved

@Effervescent thanks and it'll be a mix since actually a couple people pmed asking if it was okay for them to split off a lot. That's fine, we've all got different character backgrounds like real people have different goals and it's not a fantasy quest where we all are overcome with desire to save the hobbits. A lot of this will be very realistic cases of people looking out for their own thing, and doing their own thing

That said it's great for the RP if people stick together so I'll try to plan events not to railroad the RP or anything (everyone will have 100% control over the plot), but to come up with challenges that only a group can solve. We can do this without it seeming like GM lightning magicking everyone together since some events (say, Order attacks or major battles) will have a wide reaching effect on the world and it makes sense that people will cluster around them. It's a new-ish idea but I've seen similar stuff work

Chars looking great so far, keep it up!

Invite your friends, we're getting a steady stream and I plan to start it when I get back in the states, then a couple days to get my house set up again. ETA about a week, hold onto your horses

JAPAN ILL MISS YOU!!!

In that case I might end up procrastinating like a boss on my character sheet until it gets closer to the start date. Just saying so now so you know I didn't disappear.

No problem

Btw detroit airport is HUGE were playing hide and seek

But if yall could, we'd have a lot of fun if you could get friends to join it's hard to set up an active and long term group for steampunk so the more the merrier

Hi, @Archie ! Thanks for pulling this all together. I think this looks very promising. I started a CS; am I among those that have been approved? Also, I've invited two of my close friends to check out the RP. I've RP'd with them for years. They would actually be new to the site as well! Life is crazy, so I'm lagging behind on finishing my CS--particularly the background as that seems so often conducive to the character as a whole. Anyway, I hope Japan has treated you well. I've always wanted to go myself.

@ronnydazzler thanks a lot for the invites and good wishes, and yeah it's a great place to be.

You're approved, along with everyone so far. Sorry for not sending PMs out, all the profiles look great and I'm pumped to get this started. We have a committed and continually growing group, and commitment counts for a lot in making his last long.

@Sunbather

@RedTimbre

@General Deth Glitch

@Bone2pick

@Juway

@Effervescent

@ronnydazzler

@minusultra

Hey everyone hope the week's turned out well

Planning and writing up a start soon but take your tiem with sheets. We'll start when everyone's ready to begin, aiming for the next couple of days

Tell me what you all think of a way we can move the plot fast and fun but manageably: I'm thinking there's a big NPC event I'll do to incorporate every PC's point of view reading your initial posts, some big drama, that lets groups bump into eachother and is critical for the plot later on. Whatever the players do about the unfolding plot is completely their choice and has big impacts without a set plot or railroads, spilling other areas

I'm going to write up short intro posts for the important NPCs in the world fair, so that when players decide to give them responses or quickly take charge of them you'll know what they'd realistically do

I think this will play out well because we don't have any major rulers of the big powers signing up, so our band of random people will need a way to form up and some strokes of luck to stumble upon the bigger plot

I cannot wait my dear friend, I simply cannot!

Its been far too long since a good RP that has lasted for me, so I am hopeful of this one, I doubt you will let me down

ronnydazzler said:
How is everything looking? I'm excited myself. I should have my CS wrapped up by the end of the day.
I think my CS is done and I've got the skeleton of a story arc laid out. just waiting 'til we get started, don't wanna plan it out too much : )

I hope Archie isn't going through too heavy of a withdrawal from Japan.

Somebody light the bat - I mean Archie - signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back