Site Changes & Additions - User Input Wanted!

Seiraryu said:
Also...they should go under our forum ranking, like yours and Joe's.  Maybe it's just the way my browser sees it, though.  Meh.
They do go there -- for me, at least. Your browser must smoke crack.

-S

Stillborn said:
-S
Do not rag on the marvel that is Firefox, lest we feed you to the Sarlaac of the internet.

Oh, yeah. My rank insignias and my name appear on one line, too.

-J

In other news, I've got PS and would be happy to convert them to .gifs for you. My e-mail's in my profile.

Stillborn said:
Seiraryu said:
Also...they should go under our forum ranking, like yours and Joe's.  Maybe it's just the way my browser sees it, though.  Meh.

-S
Yours goes in different lines for me, too.  Joes' too.  But everyone else's is on the same line as their forum ranking.

MikeOQuinn said:
Stillborn said:
Do not rag on the marvel that is Firefox, lest we feed you to the Sarlaac of the internet.
I'd never do that. I'm a Firefox die-hard.

MikeOQuinn said:
Oh, yeah. My rank insignias and my name appear on one line, too.
That's really odd. I'm using Firefox and they don't. I've tried it under Linux and Windows.

Anyone else having that issue? Let me know which style you're using.

MikeOQuinn said:
In other news, I've got PS and would be happy to convert them to .gifs for you. My e-mail's in my profile.
Ok. I'll email them to you when I get home.

-S

Seiraryu said:
After some testing, this seems to be not a browser issue but a skin issue. Seems that the Celestial Auditor, Incarna, and Censor ranks are just long enough to kick the rank to the next line on the MSSimplicity skin, where the rest of our ranks (Currently Least God for all, afaik) are not.

In the default skin, that column appears to be narrow enough to force the line of suns to the next line, regardless.

I'm actually using Mozilla, not Firefox, but since the software is the same, then there's no problem.

MikeOQuinn said:
In the default skin, that column appears to be narrow enough to force the line of suns to the next line, regardless.
Thanks for the help. Is it fixed now?

-S

Might I suggest we get a die-roller?

Otherwise, we're going to be REALLY dependent on the White-wolf for die-rolling... and by we, I mean the people who game online. And who don't use IRC...

Stillborn said:
Haku said:
In what form? Web-based? A downloadable app?
I'd suggest web-based, with an option to download.  I really like your downloadable, Stillborn, and think that should be the one.  As for the web-based, I don't know how that would work, but the same format as your downloadable would work great.

Stillborn said:
I've instituted a tentative forum ranking system that works like this:
  • Least God - < 50    posts  
    Elemental - 50       posts
    Little God - 100     posts
    Greater God - 500     posts
    Elemental Dragon - 1000+ posts
    Celestial Incarna - Admins/Moderators

If anyone has a better hierarcy, I'll entertain suggestions.
I think it'd be great if we could pick our own, as Joseph suggested.

Black Cultist

Demon-Blooded

First Circle Demon

Second Circle Demon

Third Circle Demon

That could be the Yozi one.  *Shrugs.*  Just slinging out ideas.

Seiraryu said:
Stillborn said:
Haku said:
In what form? Web-based? A downloadable app?
I'd suggest web-based, with an option to download.  I really like your downloadable, Stillborn, and think that should be the one.  As for the web-based, I don't know how that would work, but the same format as your downloadable would work great.
Both form would be good... a java web-based die roller would be best... hmmm... need to see if there's any out there that we can liberate for our cause with a good helping of a pre-emptive strike.

I'd quite like it if we could have a php tag to roll dice right in the post.  I think that would improve the site greatly.

I'd quite like it if we could have a php tag to roll dice right in the post.  I think that would improve the site greatly.
Right on the post?  Are you planning on running an Exalted game here in the forums?

Seiraryu said:
Stillborn said:
I've instituted a tentative forum ranking system that works like this:
  • Least God - < 50    posts  
    Elemental - 50       posts
    Little God - 100     posts
    Greater God - 500     posts
    Elemental Dragon - 1000+ posts
    Celestial Incarna - Admins/Moderators

If anyone has a better hierarcy, I'll entertain suggestions.
I think it'd be great if we could pick our own, as Joseph suggested.

Black Cultist

Demon-Blooded

First Circle Demon

Second Circle Demon

Third Circle Demon

That could be the Yozi one.  *Shrugs.*  Just slinging out ideas.
I agree, being able to choose our title cascade would be pretty coo.

Miss Fireball, one would suspect you say thus due to your desire to be Yozi-spawn! Or perhaps, you desire to be a Rakhsa minion? Mmmmmh?

:P

Haku said:
Miss Fireball, one would suspect you say thus due to your desire to be Yozi-spawn! Or perhaps, you desire to be a Rakhsa minion? Mmmmmh?
:P
I've always secretly wanted to be a Fairy...>_< Shh..don't tell..

Then my dear Tanya... you must depart Sunny California and seek our San Franciso... ^_^

Hey everybody!

It's really good to see some familiar (mostly) sane faces taking on the burden/responsibility/mantle of the EC.

I don't know if it's too early to request admin powers over / offer assistance organizing the character submissions.  If not I'm here to help/lay down the hammer.

I think a simple text submission form would work well in the Character section.  The old pulldown fields only went up to five and weren't very useful.  Maybe sticking a revised copy of my "How to" article up there.

Good to see you all again.  E-mail me if any of this makes sense.

A plain text format for character sheets might be best... that way... it's easy to use on your computer as well as print out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back