• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy /Simple] The Gilded Vessel

toontwink

good times™ ahead
[border]OOC Thread[/border]

Relax and chat about the roleplay, or anything you want here.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so you all know, I'm up for reserving any slots you may be interested in if you do a little synopsis on what character you plan on making.

SO excited!

Asked about reserving roles, but my page didn't refresh for some reason so I only saw the thing about reserving roles after I hit enter x) Awkward

I was thinking as rping the stowaway alien. I was gonna make him either a criminal who escaped his planet or a refugee from a war torn planet seeking asylum somewhere else. @toontwink

Twyllvarlais said:
@toontwink Is there other races besides humans in the fantasy setting?
Nope, there are just humans and aliens (of many different races, surely) in this setting.

Twyllvarlais said:
I was thinking as rping the stowaway alien. I was gonna make him either a criminal who escaped his planet or a refugee from a war torn planet seeking asylum somewhere else. @toontwink
I like both of these ideas a lot! I'll save the spot for you. :)

@toontwink

I would like to reserve the Fraud character. I was thinking a traveling merchant who gets a piece of the alien tech attached to him, it would be a translator or some kind of Bluetooth like phone that would allow him to hear the ships A.I. He would insist that the gods are talking to him, however without any proof be imprisoned as a fraud. I can go with something else though if that doesn't work.

I would love to creat a thief character to go after the prince. Perhaps someone who was an exhabitionist theif and stole for show rather than for need. I'll definitely hammer out more of that character later.

@toontwink

BigNerdOnCampus said:
@toontwink
I would like to reserve the Fraud character. I was thinking a traveling merchant who gets a piece of the alien tech attached to him, it would be a translator or some kind of Bluetooth like phone that would allow him to hear the ships A.I. He would insist that the gods are talking to him, however without any proof be imprisoned as a fraud. I can go with something else though if that doesn't work.
So he'd be a new criminal then? I like the connection to the alien tech. I'll save it for you. :)

TwizzArt said:
I would love to creat a thief character to go after the prince. Perhaps someone who was an exhabitionist theif and stole for show rather than for need. I'll definitely hammer out more of that character later.
@toontwink
I think the idea of their stealing being related to their ego pretty interesting. Seems like a very privileged thing to do. Maybe they're higher-class than one would expect? :o

Also, I think the Anarchist might also go after the Prince, so it'll be nice for them to have some competition.

I've been pretty into mercenaries lately... so what about a mercenary who royally fucks up during an assassination attempt on a wealthy businessman/noble and ends up killing a handful innocent civilians in an attempt to cover up their mistake? So technically it'd not be just murder, but also attempted murder x)

Thanatos said:
I've been pretty into mercenaries lately... so what about a mercenary who royally fucks up during an assassination attempt on a wealthy businessman/noble and ends up killing a handful innocent civilians in an attempt to cover up their mistake? So technically it'd not be just murder, but also attempted murder x)
Heck, the Queen might just lock them up for murder for trying to kill a noble in the first place. I wonder who the employer was... Maybe another noble that hated the victim's guts? And the mercenary group was like "you messed up. now that it's public, we have to cut all ties with you for the sake of our image."

Ah, I'm rambling. Anyways, I'll reserve your spot. Really excited to see what you come up with!

Ooooh, yay! Are there still any openings in the alien crew of the OV Andromeda? I'd like to play a crew cadet/trainee, who had been studying to be a ship pilot and was sent aboard on the Andromeda to actually get some experience related to the field. I'll think up some details later!

@RambVines Yes there is, as for now all alien crew slots are open. Though I don't know what the GM would think about you adding your own role. I would talk to him about adding a co-pilot role.

Twyllvarlais said:
@RambVines Yes there is, as for now all alien crew slots are open. Though I don't know what the GM would think about you adding your own role. I would talk to him about adding a co-pilot role.
Welp, just saw the character sheet thread. I can go with an alien engineer instead, who's also been researching into the humans' language on the side.

RambVines said:
Welp, just saw the character sheet thread. I can go with an alien engineer instead, who's also been researching into the humans' language on the side.
Cool, can't wait to see what you come with

Just a heads up to everyone. I have some canon locations I'll be posting tomorrow, so the world is fleshed out a little more and so it's easier for everyone to know where their character fits in the world. Just sit tight!

PS: I still encourage everyone to world-build to their heart's content. This is just something to help people get started.

@toontwink I'm gonna be busy this weekend, but if the RP happens to start while I'm gone, I'll try to squeeze in a post or two. I'll be officially back on the 26th later in the day. Army stuff man, fucking Army stuff. (:#)

Twyllvarlais said:
@toontwink I'm gonna be busy this weekend, but if the RP happens to start while I'm gone, I'll try to squeeze in a post or two. I'll be officially back on the 26th later in the day. Army stuff man, fucking Army stuff. (:#)
I don't think you'll have anything to worry about, but thanks for letting me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back