• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Shokugeki no Souma - Decentralization

There is literally nothing between Erina and Souma, though, merely, at best, frenemies. She doesn't see him as anyone that can walk beside her, and he doesn't want to walk beside her as much as he wants to overtake her. The ships will never sail far. If it does happen, i can only see their relationship to be fraught with coral reefs and high tides.

In japanese culture, the true japanese waifu is three (might be mistaken here) paces behind her husbando. As you described her, i think megumon is doing just fine on that note.

[QUOTE="The One Eyed Bandit]I dunno, man, the way I read things Meguman looks up to Souma as like, someone to follow, not someone to walk beside. The manga never really puts them on the same level either. Souma and Erina on the other hand and repeatedly shown to- at least- be equals.
I also entirely disagree with the last part, I mean, the relationship between the two is like a slow boil, the interactions between the two are few and far between but each one is important. Especially the ones during the Autumn Festival and the current arc.

*puts on a sailor hat*

YEAH YOU GOT A PROBLEM, BUCKO?

[/QUOTE]
Well, I disagree myself, because it is slow. It is tiresome, and it just doesn't make sense.

The reason that I ship Soma and Megumi is, even if Megumi is a follower, Soma can still unintentionally help her, and the two get on well, but also have potential because of that admiration. They are similar in many ways, and I think they can become equals, when Megumi is more confident.

Megumi x Soma: Interesting, similar, understandable, deep, developed and also quite cute.

Soma x Erina: OH GOD ERINA'S PRETTY OH GOD SOMA IS THE PROTAGONIST IT'S A STRAIGHT SHIP YEEEE

On another side note I'd see Erina X Souma shot, bombed, and looted for everything it's worth if I could get Souma x Hisako to actually be a thing.

probably.

simj22 said:
There is literally nothing between Erina and Souma, though, merely, at best, frenemies. She doesn't see him as anyone that can walk beside her, and he doesn't want to walk beside her as much as he wants to overtake her. The ships will never sail far. If it does happen, i can only see their relationship to be fraught with coral reefs and high tides.
In japanese culture, the true japanese waifu is three (might be mistaken here) paces behind her husbando. As you described her, i think megumon is doing just fine on that note.
I agree. They are resentful of each other and want to constantly up-one each other. Maybe there's something?

IF YOU WERE WRITING A DOJIN.

Other than that, it's laboured, awkward, and not viable.

[QUOTE="The One Eyed Bandit]On another side note I'd see Erina X Souma shot, bombed, and looted for everything it's worth if I could get Souma x Hisako to actually be a thing.
probably.

[/QUOTE]
I would literally force the author to do this ship if I could... But like that is kidnapping and illegal so...

I can say, though, with full certainty, that Soma and Erina make a very dangerous team if they were to combine their efforts. As comrades or buddies, they'd demolish restaurants across the globe, and then some. They'd be impressive partners in crime, but not partners in love.

simj22 said:
I can say, though, with full certainty, that Soma and Erina make a very dangerous team if they were to combine their efforts. As comrades or buddies, they'd demolish restaurants across the globe, and then some. They'd be impressive partners in crime, but not partners in love.
Oh, gosh! That they would! They'd be legendary, but it's difficult to get them to that point.

I still hope they will join forces, but for now, it seems like their relationship is rooted in them being bitter rivals.

simj22 said:
There is, though. I am speaking from the latest chapter of the manga, if you haven't caught up, but even before that it's not so much that Erina doesn't see him as an equal, but that she doesn't want to, cuz evil lel azami elitist brainwashing. This is especially highlighted in the chapter that came out yesterday.

I ain't Japanese, supportin' better ship, not the one that'll win.

Amie said:
Well, I disagree myself, because it is slow. It is tiresome, and it just doesn't make sense.
The reason that I ship Soma and Megumi is, even if Megumi is a follower, Soma can still unintentionally help her, and the two get on well, but also have potential because of that admiration. They are similar in many ways, and I think they can become equals, when Megumi is more confident.

Megumi x Soma: Interesting, similar, understandable, deep, developed and also quite cute.

Soma x Erina: OH GOD ERINA'S PRETTY OH GOD SOMA IS THE PROTAGONIST IT'S A STRAIGHT SHIP YEEEE
This is of my own preference, but I much perfer ships between equals, rather than one character being better at pretty much everything.

if we gonna play this uncivil game.

Megumi x Soma: Cute, good friendship, better friends than lovers, meguman as a love interest would be pretty boring, generic support-kun for rest of series, would be more interesting standing on her own. Also basically the same as Niku ship but with moe spices instead of tsun.

Soma x Erina: Good dynamic, both can learn from eachother, 'prince and pauper' is always fun, personality developments still to be had as opposed to the other one which as already blown pretty much all of them, still better friends than lovers but less so than the other one, relationship post love-dove would be more interesting

Yeah, i mean, right now, Erina has little to no redeeming qualities. Being a full-time alpha bitch and refusing to accept Souma as an exemplary chef, even after so long, it really makes me sick.

What, she likes shoujo mangas and that's cute? So what? No matter how you furnish a belladonna, it's still going to kill you. No matter how you try to serve the guts of fugu, it's still going to kill you. Until they improve her shit attitude, she's an absolute trash tier waifu.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="The One Eyed Bandit]There is, though. I am speaking from the latest chapter of the manga, if you haven't caught up, but even before that it's not so much that Erina doesn't see him as an equal, but that she doesn't want to, cuz evil lel azami elitist brainwashing. This is especially highlighted in the chapter that came out yesterday.
I ain't Japanese, supportin' better ship, not the one that'll win.

This is of my own preference, but I much perfer ships between equals, rather than one character being better at pretty much everything.

if we gonna play this uncivil game.

Megumi x Soma: Cute, good friendship, better friends than lovers, meguman as a love interest would be pretty boring, generic support-kun for rest of series, would be more interesting standing on her own. Also basically the same as Niku ship but with moe spices instead of tsun.

Soma x Erina: Good dynamic, both can learn from eachother, 'prince and pauper' is always fun, personality developments still to be had as opposed to the other one which as already blown pretty much all of them, still better friends than lovers but less so than the other one, relationship post love-dove would be more interesting

[/QUOTE]
I actually prefer them all to be equals, and it isn't just that Erina isn't trying to do that; isn't her whole mindset based on that? You know brainwashing can go pretty far. I really, really support them as allies, but not anything more, as it is simply improbable. I think Megumi is fine on her own, but she looks to Soma for support, in a way that can be magnified and maybe work both ways; it would better Megumi, make her more capable, and still make it into a great ship. Erina doesn't seem like the sort who would or could take Soma, and even if her entire way of thinking and ideals were slowly dismantled, it would still be a bit odd, exaggerated and over-intense to watch, for me.

simj22 said:
Yeah, i mean, right now, Erina has little to no redeeming qualities. Being a full-time alpha bitch and refusing to accept Souma as an exemplary chef, even after so long, it really makes me sick.
What, she likes shoujo mangas and that's cute? So what? No matter how you furnish a belladonna, it's still going to kill you. No matter how you try to serve the guts of fugu, it's still going to kill you. Until they improve her shit attitude, she's an absolute trash tier waifu.
She just isn't appropriate for a shipping with Soma.

Definitely my own waifu, but that's for another time.

[QUOTE="The One Eyed Bandit]Interrupting shipyard for jojo memes
Is the Yhorm fight if anyone still cares about dks3 spoilers

[media]

[/media][/QUOTE]
Jojo memes? Reminds me of a friend who spams jojo memes.

simj22 said:
I FUCKING CALLED IT
ANOTHER ROUNDABOUT.
It's perfect for it and you know it.

Amie said:
I actually prefer them all to be equals, and it isn't just that Erina isn't trying to do that; isn't her whole mindset based on that? You know brainwashing can go pretty far. I really, really support them as allies, but not anything more, as it is simply improbable. I think Megumi is fine on her own, but she looks to Soma for support, in a way that can be magnified and maybe work both ways; it would better Megumi, make her more capable, and still make it into a great ship. Erina doesn't seem like the sort who would or could take Soma, and even if her entire way of thinking and ideals were slowly dismantled, it would still be a bit odd, exaggerated and over-intense to watch, for me.
Erina's mindset is muddy as all hell, the root of her cooking passion is Souma's pop not Azami or the nose-in-the-air attitude she has right now (in-anime). And it's been breaking down since the start of the series.

I also think Meguman is more than fine on her own. I think she's better on her own. By a lot. One of her biggest faults is that she lacks independence, she even looks up to Erina after like, spending a week with her because of that. Erina is also hardly all bitch mode all the time, Souma just really knows how to push her buttons. She friends up with Meguman who is about the pinnacle of commoner and plain after like a week, even.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also argue that, however, megumon knows the opposite of how to push other people's buttons.

That sounded better in my head. What I meant to say was that megumon has the opposite charismatic ability that Souma and the other chefs have. Where they exude power and force, she has a more softer aura, which naturally causes people to somehow gravitate to her, not because of skill or powerful charisma, but because she's just nice enough to like.

[QUOTE="The One Eyed Bandit]It's perfect for it and you know it.
Erina's mindset is muddy as all hell, the root of her cooking passion is Souma's pop not Azami or the nose-in-the-air attitude she has right now (in-anime). And it's been breaking down since the start of the series.

I also think Meguman is more than fine on her own. I think she's better on her own. By a lot. One of her biggest faults is that she lacks independence, she even looks up to Erina after like, spending a week with her because of that. Erina is also hardly all bitch mode all the time, Souma just really knows how to push her buttons. She friends up with Meguman who is about the pinnacle of commoner and plain after like a week, even.

[/QUOTE]
Megumi is absolutely fine on her own. I really, really approve of her being on her own, and my main ship is Soma and Nikumi, though Nikumi's good alone, too. I don't feel either of them need Soma, or anyone, to prop them up.

However! As I have frequently stressed, I prefer Megumi and Soma over Erina and the latter, (by the way, the spoiler part disappears when quoting, of course (>n<)) but like I said, Megumi is good with Soma only because, though he doesn't always do it intentionally, he helps her a lot, so his company is nurturing and improving her; she could very well learn to become independent, but still be with her friend, Soma, and he's not necessarily halting her, but just giving her the initial push to continue?

They're both incredibly talented, and both sort of undermined, but for different reasons: I see sense in them joining forces in both ways!

They have a wonderful friendship, but unlike with Erina, where there is none at all, there is so much more compatibility, which could make for something very solid but also exciting for Megumuffins.

simj22 said:
You can also argue that, however, megumon knows the opposite of how to push other people's buttons.
You could, but, Erina also blends in pretty easily with the rest of the polar star kids.

So Souma is more of the rouge element.

simj22 said:
That sounded better in my head. What I meant to say was that megumon has the opposite charismatic ability that Souma and the other chefs have. Where they exude power and force, she has a more softer aura, which naturally causes people to somehow gravitate to her, not because of skill or powerful charisma, but because she's just nice enough to like.
Well, I think she's simply charismatic in her own way!

Soma is, as you mentioned, very noticeably skilled, Megumi is subtle and nurturing, so I think the two perfectly counter and amplify each other's best traits.

Amie said:
(by the way, the spoiler part disappears when quoting, of course (n))
fuk

OTL

sorry

Amie said:
Megumi is good with Soma only because, though he doesn't always do it intentionally, he helps her a lot, so his company is nurturing and improving her; she could very well learn to become independent, but still be with her friend, Soma, and he's not necessarily halting her, but just giving her the initial push to continue?
They're both incredibly talented, and both sort of undermined, but for different reasons: I see sense in them joining forces in both ways!

They have a wonderful friendship, but unlike with Erina, where there is none at all, there is so much more compatibility, which could make for something very solid but also exciting for Megumuffins.
Yeah, this is why I don't like Megu X Souma. Because their friendship is so much better than what I imagine a lover's relationship between them would be.

[QUOTE="The One Eyed Bandit]fuk
OTL

sorry

Yeah, this is why I don't like Megu X Souma. Because their friendship is so much better than what I imagine a lover's relationship between them would be.

[/QUOTE]
Well, I'd imagine and view it to be even better and more interesting, actually.

Maybe I'm just like this because I'm constantly surrounded by SomaxEri obsessives.

By the way; since the RP just started is there still space for more people to join?

[QUOTE="The One Eyed Bandit]I-
I wanna say yes. But there's like, a lot of people in this already, I dunno if I'd be able to manage any more.

[/QUOTE]
Aye, alright then.

It's just that I told a friend on FB I was in a Shokugeki RP (as he asked me what I was up to, and I guess it made my usual 'nothing' more varied) and he asked if he could join, but that's absolutely fine; it'd be difficult for me to organise a big RP anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back