[Shatter the Circle] Main OOC Thread

Kacie

One Thousand Club
Greetings!

Please review the Char gen thread, over in the Characters forum, and post your characters!

Meanwhile, I will get some more info posted, and then we'll try to get this show on the road!

Both. I was offline when you posted everything, but I was also checking the site with my phone and saw this OOC page. Knowing that you weren't running any other games on this site, I assumed it was go-time and got on my computer to post everything I had saved.

Awesome. :)

Folks, forgot to ask before, but please post what your characters look like when someone first sees them.

Gotta get those reactions down right when you walk into a sleazy bar. ;)

Posted an image in the sheet. Ironically it's a DnD image, but I felt it hit the right vibe for a pulpy, wandering Dawn.

The picture definitely works for me.

Does he have armor of some kind? The soak suggests he does, but I didn't see it listed.

The soak is from the Durability of Oak charm. It's temporary armor, but I included it in the final result so I don't have to reference the charm and it's calculations every single time I use it.

Ah - makes a lot more sense. You have a "+" where you mean to have an "=" in that soak line.

Fixed that, sorry about the confusion.

Also, I need a ruling from you. Glorious Solar Saber and Immaculate Golden Bow are both Simple Charms, however Elegant Dance of Blade and Bow allow me to swap weapons around reflexively. Would you allow me to use EDoBaB to me call forth GSS and IGB as reflexive actions?

My inclination is that to initially summon a weapon stays as a Simple action, but once summoned you can switch between the two as a reflexive action.

How does seem, folks?

I think Kacie's proposal (Simple Action to activate the weapon-summoning, Elegant Dance only lets you swap between them reflexively) works, though personally I would approve of anything to speed up the weapon-creation Charms (Elegant Dance makes the summoning a reflexive action).

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks, the opening scene will be in a sleazy bar/brothel type place, a known source of nearly anything in one of the poorer districts of Nexus. (By "nearly anything" think "by the standards of some poor dude in Nexus - so not literally nearly everything, but with that reputation in this district. Possibly hiring a god-blooded merc or getting in touch with an Outcaste merc? Yes. Anything bigger than that? No.)

Point being - please have a reason to show up to this dive.

It's even enforced in Nexus - people aren't allowed to eat alone after dark or the Emissary gets snippy. So complete strangers get to sit next to each other.

So, for the sleazy bar - I figure Sol is there because he's hungry and the bartender lets him have the leftovers in exchange for services rendered in the past. And also because Sol can punch troublemakers out the bar if the need arises. Of course, his propensity for property damage leaves our hero perpetually broke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boredom. Let's talk about stuff. I vote: stances toward the various factions of Creation.

Sol is, as the virtues suggest, going to do his best to rehabilitate / persuade people to his point of view and help them work out their psychological problems. He also has no patience with exploiters, the irresponsible and the wilfully ignorant. His job is to spread knowledge and if he has to do it via Justice Fist, then so be it.

Misuro's (Semi serious, semi joking) flowchart:

1: Bully? If yes, to go 2, if no, go to 3

2: Murder

3: Move on

:tongue:

I can see the conflicts between Sol and Misuro already - one wants to re-educate them, the other wants to decapitate them. :P

I think the Wolf's primary issue will be reorienting herself - she's been gone awhile now, and things have changed pretty dramatically. That being said, she's probably a bit bitter toward anyone who she things has abandoned Creation's defense in pursuit of their own agenda.

Gary-Oldman-Yelling-Everyone-Leon-The-Professional.gif

I kind of want to have Sol adopt Shoat of the Mire and teach her to be a normal human bean again. Like, a reverse Matilda/Leon.

I laughed, Crazy Ivan. I'm still laughing.

Folks, things have been crazy at work. It's a small miracle that I had energy and inspiration last weekend. The good news is that the spine of the release problems seems to have been broken last night, so I might be able to relax more and have more energy in the evenings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back