• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom RWBY - Turn To Dust

What should we name the academy in Atlas?

• Aatos Academy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Refuge Academy

• Shield Academy

• Fortress Academy

• Sanctuary Academy

• Stronghold Academy

• Bastion Academy

• Titan Academy

• Forge Academy

• Bunker Academy

• Total voters
Welp, it's clear that people want some other location, soo... I suppose I'll be putting us at Atlas, as I'm just too compelled to have things start there. Hopefully everybody's fine with that...?

Also, I should have another poll up sometime soon, as well as I'm definitely open to considering other locations as part of the story, for example perhaps a new region(s) to the world that half our characters or something could be from, perhaps a focal point of the plot being the new region(s).

My characters a villain hidden in plain sight that excels at one on one is talented in dealing with range oriented opponents. I'ma just never remind anyone how shotguns work outside of video games though gonna catch someone on that eventually I swear.

Airebsi said:
My characters a villain hidden in plain sight that excels at one on one is talented in dealing with range oriented opponents. I'ma just never remind anyone how shotguns work outside of video games though gonna catch someone on that eventually I swear.
Ah, for now, no plans of villains please...

I'll have opening for villain characters when the RP gets complete, but for now, I'd rather there be no villain characters actually planned out so as to prevent people from having to change things to fit the plot itself. Do feel free to plan out the characters themselves though, as far as personality and all the standard stuff like name, abilities, etc. go; backstory, however, may need to wait on the lore of things and the location specifics though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome love the world pr dust from rwby. And I love rooster teeth have you by chance watched red vs blue?

MsPolite said:
Awesome love the world pr dust from rwby. And I love rooster teeth have you by chance watched red vs blue?
Yep, I've watched Red vs Blue. I like to watch/listen to Rooster Teeth stuff from time to time, which is how I found RWBY when it became a thing. Oh how I remember that trailer coming outta nowhere, just asking to be watched and leaving me wanting to see more. It's gone a long way, and though it's sad Monty's not here making it anymore, I'll keep watching it as his dream carries forward.

Ah, sorry, kinda just turned things into a chat about emotion...

Owner said not to plan villains but, I just like being a villain or evil what always bugs me is when the good guys suddenly win just because they're the good guys or are guaranteed to triumph for that reason. I love a good story where the antagonists beats the protagonists but, I assume this'll be a good guys win type thing for the sake of it. Which is fine. What I just stated is preference doesn't bother me that much that I won't enjoy being a bad guy if given the chance.

Airebsi said:
Owner said not to plan villains but, I just like being a villain or evil what always bugs me is when the good guys suddenly win just because they're the good guys or are guaranteed to triumph for that reason. I love a good story where the antagonists beats the protagonists but, I assume this'll be a good guys win type thing for the sake of it. Which is fine. What I just stated is preference doesn't bother me that much that I won't enjoy being a bad guy if given the chance.
Actually, no, it won't be a 'good guys triumph' kind of thing. It'll have them guaranteed to get far, but the end result'll be dependent on the actions of every character, so as to make it possible for any outcome, good or bad. As for not planning them, I just meant not to plan their position or anything such as why they're a villain. I don't want contradictions between characters and lore that causes inconvenience for the character's creator, after all.

May I join? I'd be willing to wait to become a villain, although I also enjoy playing neutral characters.

Also, by "all that's left of civilization" being dust, what do you mean? Is this roleplay set after some sort of Remnant apocalypse?

Mollisol said:
May I join? I'd be willing to wait to become a villain, although I also enjoy playing neutral characters.
Also, by "all that's left of civilization" being dust, what do you mean? Is this roleplay set after some sort of Remnant apocalypse?
Ah, that was really an example idea. Currently, people have voted for us to be in the same time period as Ruby and them, so that idea isn't what's most-likely to be our plot. It's possible though.

Oh yeah, almost forgot... Welcome! Of course you can join! xD

@Kiyoko Tomoe , since this is set in Atlas, do you plan on putting us in teams like in the other three schools? (I feel like I should suggest that a while back, I made a huge list of team names that follow the CNR, and you could use it if you like. It'd be better than it sitting around collecting dust in my docs folder.)

And thank you.

EDIT: "schools" not "skills"

I think we should play on the same time line as the show, but not have there story interact with ours at all so it doesn't complicate things.

The new episode was amazing!

As soon as Qrow said that the people in the room and the heads of the academies were secret protectors of an unknown evil I wanted to rp that. The rp would be based on a new school that specializes in training hunters that. Not sure if it could work with this rp but maybe a small group of four to six would be interested in trying it out? Pm me if interested.

MsPolite said:
I love red vs blue. I have no idea how many times I have watched it. Blood Gulch was the only map we could play the demo on back in middle school, so the show brings back good memories.

MsPolite said:
I think we should play on the same time line as the show, but not have there story interact with ours at all so it doesn't complicate things.
I'd like to join as well if that's alright,and I'd like to second her suggestion,I kinda have an idea brewing,it just needs abit of work,some would definitely be welcome

Ah, all are welcome! Also, it's already at the time of the show, as decided via poll.

Speaking of which, I should update the first post with current information when I get the chance...

When will the offical RB thread be up? I'm itching to fight some Grimm with weapon that makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Teams sounds like a lot of fun and gives a possibility for more quality Roleplay. Although it would also spilt characters up since people tend to only interact with what their character is close to rather than going out of the way to interact with others.

Also, I still think splitting characters into divisions of good and evil (perhaps not so vague) is a good idea. That way rather than just one mass of "good guys" theres a lot of different possible outcomes.

Imo anyway~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back