Viewpoint RP veterans, what have you observed has changed over time in roleplays ?

K soooo like after visiting a few old RP sites I used to write in I see that RPers have moved on. 2 are dead 3 are ghost towns and the last 1 has only one forum that's poppin.

Dint realize how active RPN was compared to other sites. That or like more RPers are using discord? Idk

Could also be the cycle of old sites ending and new ones starting. RPG Directory has a bunch that are looking for new players or just opened.

Age restrictions! At least, on RpNation.
I've done an actual unofficial study on this over the course of multiple years, and yes, the amount of age restrictions has not only gone up, but increased in age, it seems.

Age restrictions! At least, on RpNation.
I've done an actual unofficial study on this over the course of multiple years, and yes, the amount of age restrictions has not only gone up, but increased in age, it seems.

In fairness I think that fits with the demographic aging in general.

Edit — so as someone who has had people decline to roleplay with me because I’m too old. I think the issue is people want to roleplay with people within 2-4 years of their actual age.

And they are almost always rounding up. So at 16 your looking at 18-20. At 25 your looking at 27-29. And so on and so forth.

No one is looking to write with people younger than them (or at least that’s really uncommon and mostly for people like me who are older than the vast majority of the players on this site. I have to write with younger people or Im not writing at all.)

Again though it really shouldn't matter what age people are in a group RP setting. I understand it for 1x1s where romance is almost always a key facet, but I continue to see groups refusing to accommodate for under 18s for no particularly valid reason.

Again though it really shouldn't matter what age people are in a group RP setting. I understand it for 1x1s where romance is almost always a key facet, but I continue to see groups refusing to accommodate for under 18s for no particularly valid reason.
Well, sometimes groups do have romance, or go over mature themes too (violence, drug abuse, suicide, etc). That being said I haven't actually looked into how many group RPs have age restrictions! I imagine like you said, it's way less of an issue than with 1x1s.

Edit: Saw you said "for no particularly valid reason" lol, oops

Google Docs is an amazing place to organize roleplays and roleplay.
I was convinced I was the only person to do this but nope it's really catching on!
I love it when things are organized in a doc or like your roleplay experience is separated into organized chapters.
I've noticed some using notion as well. Which is equally as great for organization.
No tiny text or high contrast to fight with. I'm considering experimenting with notion

Some small observations I've noticed.
I love Google Docs and Microsoft Word. I have a story on both platforms. I do love the organization too.

i've been to a lot of platforms over the years and it's nice to see that there's still an endless amount of creativity and inventive new ways for people to express themselves/write!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back