News RP Nation Official Chat (Discord App)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RpNation

I didn't want to go swimming anyway, baka!
Administrator
User-senpai, I'm howling at the moon! Oh, won't you please notice poor Staff-chan?

Well, maybe this will get your attention - I've been a wallflower for a while, but hopefully giving this new site chat a whirl will get you to see what a wonderful shark I really am! N-not like I like you like that or anything.... baka....

Anyways, new chat is called Discord. It can run in a browser window, just like the old Shoutbox, or as a desktop or (free!) mobile app. I know that in the past, having to download a third-party app has been a hassle for User-senpai, and it can be hard for such a diligent and studious senpai to come up with the money that some other mobile apps cost.

Discord has both text-only rooms and voice-only rooms – you have a conversation via VoIP with one group of people, and be typing to a second group in a different channel. It’s got loads of functionality, dressed up in a sleek and intuitive interface. However, don’t be afraid to ask for help on learning how everything works. Staff-chan would be more than willing to assist User-senpai!

You can join us on Discord with this official RP Nation Invitation, and download the app from here.

In order to access voice chat, you must click the gear icon in the lower left of the screen, as seen in the right-hand side of this next screencap:

04334e6b61bfbbb0280bfdeb3237355a.png

And then, set your input mode to "Push to Talk", as seen here:

0542b4ce71c3eda82d32c859055aebaa.png

Other settings, such as notifications and image previews, can also be changed in this menu.

There's also a widget on the Chat page, where you can view who is currently on the Discord server. Unfortunately, it's still a bit of a work in progress, and it only shows the users who are in the voice channels, instead of both text and voice channels.

Discord Rules:

• All RpNation Rules Apply.
  • If you have conflicts with another user, make sure you are aware of our chat policy: Here.
  • Only use roleplay rooms for roleplay planning purposes. If you see a group using a roleplay room, please respect their privacy and don't utilize the room for chatting.
  • If all the rooms are filled up, please reach out to an admin to make some new ones!
  • Your username must match your site account, you can change this in Discord for roleplays, within the appropriate channels.

Until we meet again, baka User-senpai!

Addons:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mordecai said:
Kids.... kids...
Don't worry bout Reaper and Adept.

They do this all the time with no serious meaning.

They're actually a former couple.....or at least that's my theory, in a past life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did just notice there's two links at the top bar for the chat, though (Chat and Site Chat) -- Not sure if that's on purpose or not?

Sooo.... Crapp, The Kid. Will you get this App? I'm new here, so I don't know the people around, but you've been here for a short while more than me no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back