Return of the Scarlet Empress

Khantalas

Holy shit.

It is out.

I must buy it, despite the fact that Holden and Goodwin have both worked on the book. If only to learn what Aspect Scarlet is and myriad other details about her.

Just hope they give non-akuma stats for her if she has become one.

SPOILERS IN SPOILER BOXES PLEASE!

I have it as well.

All I will say is that their treatment of Sidereals confuses and angers me, and page 73 made me salivate so much I had to get a tissue.

Well... the sidereals were a big threat that had to be dealt with and so... 8)

A sad day for the Sidreals.

All that died: Opps forgot I had Avoidance Kata ^^

(Granted even then I'm unsure of it working ^^)

Just want to say. THe opening comic made me :shock:

Well... If the opening comic shows anything... Avoidance Kata only works if you can see it coming

The whole book seems rather huge tipping and shift for exalted..

Also those last few words are oddly familiar

I worry and fear it's the end of exalted. Just like they wrapped up oWoD.

Solid books releases right at the end and then next thing you know, Apocalypse turns up and ends the line.

Sure seems like there's plenty more to do.

But it's all... handed out already.

It reminds so much of WoD's "What happened to Kain"/Book of Nod stuff...

Well, I think I just won't read it. ^^

I still have to assimilate the huge pile of backgrounds in the Compasses... oO

For those of you who don't have the book, the people in charge of the Lotus Massacre do something that prevents teleportation outside and any sort of magical contact.

It specifically mentions Avoidance Kata as not working, but that still raises the question of what about perfect parries and Sid awareness charms?

Also, WW has repeated stated that the line isn't ending any time soon (especially since it's their best seller. RotSE has already gone copper on drivethruRPG). We know for certain that the next books are going to be reprints/errata of DotFA, Lunars and Sidereals (as far as I know, in that order as well).

Tangentially related to the Scarlet Empress and the empire, I read this earlier today:

"WELCOME TO EXALTED! THE INFALLIBLE EMPRESS WAS KIDNAPPED BY SATAN TO BE FORCED IN TO MARRIAGE (IN AN ELABORATE RUNAROUND PLOT TO DESTROY THE UNIVERSE), AND AN INEFFECTUAL, CHRONIC MASTURBATOR INSPECTOR-GADGET LOOKALIKE HAS BEEN LEFT IN CHARGE OF THE MOST POWERFUL NATION IN THE WORLD! HE FAPS TO THE BIBLE! HIS ENTIRE EXTENDED FAMILY WAS MURDERED BY BARBARIANS! HIS CHAIR KEEPS TRYING TO EAT HIM!

EXALTED!"

Does the chair actually try to eat him?

The important thing to remember about the book is none of it is canon, so you can cut and swap things in it with a clear conscience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back