• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Raven Wing Academy (New and Improved)

[QUOTE="Veyd Sahvoz]I have no clue what you're getting at tbh.

[/QUOTE]
That those were rather homophobic/transphobic phrases respectfully.

GingerBread said:
How was it transphobic or homophobic
1. Using the word gay as an insult

2. Assuming female "assets" means you must be a girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Schadenfreudmeh said:
1. Using the word gay as an insult
It's a bit of a stretch to call it an insult, right? It's a descriptive word, meaning either homosexual or carefree and happy. Now it's most likely the former, but either way, I don't see any homophobic content in it. It just seems like he's describing it. But meh.

Schadenfreudmeh said:
2. Assuming female "assets" means you must be a girl.
I mean, technically, yeah. If I saw someone with tits, I'd assume they're a woman, without, I'd assume they're man. It's not transphobic at all, it makes logical sense, especially if we're talking biological gender, which I assume is what they were describing, right?

GingerBread said:
It's a bit of a stretch to call it an insult, right? It's a descriptive word, meaning either homosexual or carefree and happy. Now it's most likely the former, but either way, I don't see any homophobic content in it. It just seems like he's describing it. But meh.
I mean, technically, yeah. If I saw someone with tits, I'd assume they're a woman, without, I'd assume they're man. It's not transphobic at all, it makes logical sense, especially if we're talking biological gender, which I assume is what they were describing, right?
Nobody really uses gay in the "carefree, happy" sense and I doubt a name has a sexual orientation so. I'm going to assume it was used as a jab.

And I get that much, and I do the same unless told otherwise. But basically saying female biology = female gender is kinda transphobic.

Schadenfreudmeh said:
Nobody really uses gay in the "carefree, happy" sense and I doubt a name has a sexual orientation so. I'm going to assume it was used as a jab.
And I get that much, and I do the same unless told otherwise. But basically saying female biology = female gender is kinda transphobic.
It could be a jab, but I don't think it's directed at the gay community in any way. I call things stupid when they don't work, or sometimes I called things retarded, it doesn't mean I'm hating on people like that, does it?

It's not transphobic at all. It's not hating on anyone at all, it's making an assumption that more than likely will be correct, since a small minority of the population is transgender. It's not even said in such a way that it could be taken as hate, it's saying that because that person has female assets, that they're a female. It's not prejudice at all.

GingerBread said:
It could be a jab, but I don't think it's directed at the gay community in any way. I call things stupid when they don't work, or sometimes I called things retarded, it doesn't mean I'm hating on people like that, does it?
It's not transphobic at all. It's not hating on anyone at all, it's making an assumption that more than likely will be correct, since a small minority of the population is transgender. It's not even said in such a way that it could be taken as hate, it's saying that because that person has female assets, that they're a female. It's not prejudice at all.
But when using those words in place of stupid, you're basically equating gay to stupid. That, and retarded is horribly outdated, for real.

And I'm not saying it was direct hate. And I understand that if someone appears female, then you assume they identify in the same way. But implying that having female genitals means that you also must identify as female is a bit iffy and kinda transphobic. You get where I'm coming from?

Schadenfreudmeh said:
But when using those words in place of stupid, you're basically equating gay to stupid. That, and retarded is horribly outdated, for real.
But he never implied his/her name was stupid, did they? They just said it was 'Gay'. That could mean a lot of things. And why is Retarded outdated? But it still proves my point, technically, gay is outdated as well, but it took on a new meaning, just like retardation.

Schadenfreudmeh said:
And I'm not saying it was direct hate. And I understand that if someone appears female, then you assume they identify in the same way. But implying that having female genitals means that you also must identify as female is a bit iffy and kinda transphobic. You get where I'm coming from?
I can't say that I do. You called it transphobic, when it's not Transphobic at all. And it's not a bit iffy to imply that because someone has either a male genitalia or a female one, that they are that sex. Because that's what they are; People can call themselves whatever they want and they can identify as whatever they want to. But that doesn't change their biological gender and never will, because just saying you're something doesn't make that true.

GingerBread said:
But he never implied his/her name was stupid, did they? They just said it was 'Gay'. That could mean a lot of things. And why is Retarded outdated? But it still proves my point, technically, gay is outdated as well, but it took on a new meaning, just like retardation.
I can't say that I do. You called it transphobic, when it's not Transphobic at all. And it's not a bit iffy to imply that because someone has either a male genitalia or a female one, that they are that sex. Because that's what they are; People can call themselves whatever they want and they can identify as whatever they want to. But that doesn't change their biological gender and never will, because just saying you're something doesn't make that true.
I'm just saying there is probably no other reason that they would've used the word gay.

And biological gender is called sex, you noodle. Gender and sex are two different things. And in this day with Tumblr being rampant, most people would know the difference to some extent. Besides, why go out of their way to make a point about having "female assets".

Schadenfreudmeh said:
I'm just saying there is probably no other reason that they would've used the word gay.
You're assuming though, and Assuming makes an ASS out of U and ME :P

Schadenfreudmeh said:
And biological gender is called sex, you noodle. Gender and sex are two different things. And in this day with Tumblr being rampant, most people would know the difference to some extent. Besides, why go out of their way to make a point about having "female assets".
What were they describing? What gender their character was (And for most people, gender and sex are interchangeable) Which they described. And why shouldn't they? Are they not allowed to make a funny comment? If someone were to ask me my gender, I'd say "Do I look like I have tits?" And I'd have a laugh about it Because I'm fat and do have tits it's a funny comment that also answers their question.

And, If I was making a transgender character, I would put what biological sex they are, regardless of whether it said gender or sex. But I would still put that they were transgender, but there's no reason for me to not put what sex they are actually when that's what the character sheet was asking.

Schadenfreudmeh said:
Besides, why go out of their way to make a point about having "female assets".
Probably because some people type short quotes after each point in a cs. For example:

Name: John Smith

"Yours truly."

"How old do I look to you?"

GingerBread said:
You're assuming though, and Assuming makes an ASS out of U and ME :P
What were they describing? What gender their character was (And for most people, gender and sex are interchangeable) Which they described. And why shouldn't they? Are they not allowed to make a funny comment? If someone were to ask me my gender, I'd say "Do I look like I have tits?" And I'd have a laugh about it Because I'm fat and do have tits it's a funny comment that also answers their question.

And, If I was making a transgender character, I would put what biological sex they are, regardless of whether it said gender or sex. But I would still put that they were transgender, but there's no reason for me to not put what sex they are actually when that's what the character sheet was asking.
Sex and gender aren't interchangeable, and if I were to ask someone's gender and got that response, then it'd be met with a, "Yeah, but that doesn't answer my question."

I have tits as well, but does that make me female? Fuck no.

[QUOTE="Veyd Sahvoz]Probably because some people type short quotes after each point in a cs. For example:
Name: John Smith

"Yours truly."

"How old do I look to you?"

[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know that much, but why the comment specifically.

Schadenfreudmeh said:
Sex and gender aren't interchangeable, and if I were to ask someone's gender and got that response, then it'd be met with a, "Yeah, but that doesn't answer my question."
I have tits as well, but does that make me female? Fuck no.
If I were to ask someone's gender, 9 times out of 10, people would reply depending on what they've got between their legs. And if you asked a male what their gender is and they said male, or said what I put as an example, that wouldn't answer your question?

I mean, I have tits as well. But I'm a man, so that's more frowned upon :P But technically speaking, if you have all the parts of a female, you are biologically, a female. You can identify as whatever you'd like, but unless you get a sex change, you are still biologically a female.

Schadenfreudmeh said:
Yeah I know that much, but why the comment specifically.
Because it's funny and it gives an answer to the question. Because most likely, if someone says something like that, it means they are that gender/sex/whatever. Or they're a complete and utter dick that's trying to lead to into a trap to have a reason to shout at you.

GingerBread said:
If I were to ask someone's gender, 9 times out of 10, people would reply depending on what they've got between their legs. And if you asked a male what their gender is and they said male, or said what I put as an example, that wouldn't answer your question?
I mean, I have tits as well. But I'm a man, so that's more frowned upon :P But technically speaking, if you have all the parts of a female, you are biologically, a female. You can identify as whatever you'd like, but unless you get a sex change, you are still biologically a female.

Because it's funny and it gives an answer to the question. Because most likely, if someone says something like that, it means they are that gender/sex/whatever. Or they're a complete and utter dick that's trying to lead to into a trap to have a reason to shout at you.
You two keep straying from my point.

So allow me to reiterate for the third or fourth bloody time.

This person implied that female biology must, of course, equate to female gender.

I do get the whole 9/10 thing, but this was kind of like a 10/10 thing being implied here.

Schadenfreudmeh said:
You two keep straying from my point.
So allow me to reiterate for the third or fourth bloody time.

This person implied that female biology must, of course, equate to female gender.

I do get the whole 9/10 thing, but this was kind of like a 10/10 thing being implied here.
It really honestly wasn't. It was never stated or even implied that Tits and Female genitals must mean that they identity as a female.

All it said, was that in this particular case, for this particular person, that was the case. It was made very obvious that was the point, since she didn't try to claim otherwise and she was just referring to herself

GingerBread said:
It really honestly wasn't. It was never stated or even implied that Tits and Female genitals must mean that they identity as a female.
All it said, was that in this particular case, for this particular person, that was the case. It was made very obvious that was the point, since she didn't try to claim otherwise and she was just referring to herself
Well that's how I'm seeing it so (insert shrug here)

Veyd Sahvoz]Dude. If you are offended by this then why don't you ask [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/32994-comet/ said:
@Comet[/URL] about what she meant by it and dicuss it with her?
Well they don't seem to be on right now so I'm just gonna sit here and laugh at getting you two so riled up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back