Other Random question of the day

No, never. Trick or treating doesn't exist where I live, so no candies stored for it either

No answers yesterday. What a shame.

Random question of the day:

Are household pets angels with hidden wings and halo sent down from heaven to instill happiness in humans?
Haha just a week with my sister’s cat, gg, the same cat in my pfp you will want to send him back to hell. He’s a spiteful boy believe me.

Random question of the day:

Could the "stupid friend" trope in pop culture be viewed as milked too much in the present day?
I think it's less that it's milked too much and more that it's frustrating when it's portrayed shallowly.
I actually really like the "dimwit" trope a lot when it's done right. When the person has character traits other than being dumb. Generally, they are still valued as friends, still have their strengths, and are still good people at heart.

As someone who is always surrounded by people a lot smarter than her, I have an appreciation for the idea that the "stupid friend" is still valued, loved, and included.

Because I was informed on another website that today's question might be uncomfortable for a lot of people to answer, I'll be asking a new question instead.

Random question of the day #2:

Does an animated series or movie become more effective when you hire actual kids to voice kid characters and hire actual teenagers to voice teenager characters?

Have you ever gotten into a fist fight before? If so, did you end up winning?
Yes I did and I absolutely lost. Got pissed off by a guy back in.... I'm not sure what the equivalent is but it was a couple years before highschool. Anyways I talked to the guy to stop messing around, he asked "What you want to fight" and since I was barely thinking by that point I went "yeah". Got clocked. Couple punches later I was on the ground, nose bleeding and had knocked the guy's glasses off. We both went to the bathroom to clean up, we later apologized, got into some trouble together and today he's a good friend of mine whom I deeply respect.

Does an animated series or movie become more effective when you hire actual kids to voice kid characters and hire actual teenagers to voice teenager characters?
It can if it sounds more authentic but still like a quality recording. Effectiveness kinda needs you to balance those two things properly to get the best you can, among many others of course.

Because I was informed on another website that today's question might be uncomfortable for a lot of people to answer, I'll be asking a new question instead.

No on labor grounds: child acting tends to suck and the characters as a proxy to the actor doubly suspect. There's a strong acting pool of women who can tune the voice up a bit more to play children and they should do it.

Maybe. The co-director of the Super Mario Bros movie had his kid voice Lumalee which was perfect.

Halloween 2 really cursed the Halloween franchise. Halloween 3 should have been the second so that it would have publicly established the intent of the franchise as being an anthology series without Michael Myers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back