Quintessential eXalted films

• Trigun: Two Exalted (effectively) beings battling it out in a lost-tech world of mortals.
  • The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: There not really Exalted, but they're still over the top heroes.
  • Wolf's Rain: A run-down world virtually at the end of its life, with a few Exalted living upon the remnants of a shattered past.
  • Samurai 7: Some of them definitely appear to move like I would expect of an Exalted.  It is also an top-notch anime in its own right and an excellent tribute to the movie it is based upon.
  • The Five Star Stories (1986-Today): Yup.  The quintessential Exalted story.  Headliners = Exalted all the way around.  (Mortar Headds = War Striders, Fatimas = First Age bio-automatons, Divers = Sorcerers, a Lost "Super" Empire of the distant past, the running down of technology and culture, the baseness of humanity's motiviations and lusts for war, etc.)

If I think of anything else, I'll update this later.

I agree on Samurai 7, loved it. Possibly PM me more about Five Star, RainOfSteel?

Hmm...Exalted films...

The Warriors: Simply epic chases throughout and over the top heroes and villains, a must see.

Screamers: A fairly good interpretation of Philip K. Dick, great for the use of automata that have outgrown their original bonds and turned on their masters.

The Wizard of Oz is so a Wyld Hunt movie. Fate grabs a girl fresh off the farm, and she exalts as a sidereal of endings and swiftly kills an anathema. then she heads off to the Wizard of OZ who is the head of the imaculate order. on the way she meets and gathers a group of worthy followers. the wizard sends her off to assassinate an anathema that has set up a petty kingdome in the west. just my take on the movie any way. man I love that movie. :D [/u]

My favorite Exalted-flavor films:

• Mr. Vampire. A bit goofy, but it presents a fantastic image of thaumaturgy and a supernatural martial art designed to combat the walking dead. The main characters are heroic martial artists/exorcists.

• Twin Warriors, with Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh. One of the few films actually directed entirely by Yuen Woo Ping, it features two monks who fight at a near Solar-Exalted level.

• Kung-fu Hustle. More Yuen Woo Ping badassedness, and two sanxian-playing hit men who would make excellent Immaculate martial artist.

• Princess Mononoke. Gods and demons interacting with mortals.

• Spirited Away. A great look at small gods.  

• Swordsman II & III. Great inspirations for charms, even if the goofy factor is high. Though Bridgett Lin’s quasi-lesbian scene in III goes a long way in making me forgive the cheese level.

• Troy. Yeah, I hate Brad Pitt too. And the film sucked overall. And other people have already mentioned this, but Achilles as presented in the film could have easily been a Solar or God-Blooded warrior.

• Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Of course…

• Ninja Scroll. Uber-cool demons and charms galore.

• The Seven Samurai. Unfortunately Samurai 7 just did not push any buttons for meâ€â€but that’s just me. The original film, if you have the patience, is fantastic for its depiction medieval Japanese warfare and heroes facing down a much larger force through the use of good tactics and fortifications. That and there were some beautiful sword fights. All in all very Solar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back