• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Psychosphere (Pretentious Detailed Post-Apocalyptic Mech )

?

• !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Porgongo

Hero of Rhymes
WARNING: I HAVE NOT SLEPT FOR 29 HOURS UPON WRITING THIS POST!!!!

The Pitch:

So, the meat of the game will be doing things that one might do in a post-nuclear war plague meteor whatever (haven't decided yet apocalypse) while also being responsible for a giant robot. Good way to describe it would be a FalloutXNeon Genesis Emogelion game. If that doesn't interest you, stop reading...... whenever you feel like it.

The Story:

I want to leave it fairly open ended, and I'll add actual world details but the main "twist" is that your mechs will not work when you first stumble upon them. They won't do anything, but over the course of the game they will slowly awaken as your relationship grows with them. You have no idea whether they are conscious or organic or simply antique computer blow-shit-up bots. You will be able to design your mechs in your CS, but I will decide when they start doing stuff. Also monsters, of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The setting will be, once again fairly open to wandering but the game will start in the ruins of New York City.

Why the name: Despite the somewhat budget anime story, I am looking to explore deeper themes of consciousness, free will and where instinct ends and humanity begins. For example, perhaps your mech seems to be learning a new skill. Your character might wonder if it's consciously learning, or an AI is simply changing it's behavior based on results and whether or not it matters.Just an example, every character might approach it differently. The game is not only detailed for post length minimum, but because I want some damn thought.

Or, in other words:

If you don't eat yer meat (philosophical themed musings), you can't have any pudding (gratuitous technicolor mech x robot violence)!

And so:

Let me know if you're interested, and I'll start to make the thread. Start to think about your character, thread will be up tommorow afternoon-ish.

(Obligatory Liberty Prime)

14211-1-1282221394.jpg

Or Post-Impact, if you will. As an aside, there is an AU Evangelion game running on modified Dark Heresy rules if you are interested.

Lovely concept, I'm certainly interested and eager to see how it developes.

Giyari said:
Not sure if want.
There are giant robots and artificial intelligence involved. The only thing that could make this better is either dragons, aliens, alien dragons, or a post-post apocalyptic setting.

You totally want this.

welian said:
You totally want this.
Shhhhhhhhhhh, See I do like that sort of thing, but at the same time I like playing as the robots and AIs, not with if you get me.

Giyari said:
Shhhhhhhhhhh, See I do like that sort of thing, but at the same time I like playing as the robots and AIs, not with if you get me.
I get what you mean and I agree with you, but it's still an interesting concept to play with and you'll probably enjoy it. I think you should just join and see what happens. ^^.

Hey kids! I'm equally happy and surprised to see people taking interest in what were, frankly, somewhat bizarre ramblings. This is my first try at making an RP, so I am completely open to suggestions/etc. I hope to have a character skeleton and a concrete context to make a character within up in the next 24 hours. Thanks a lot guys, I'm determined to make this awesome!

After some days to regain my lucidity, here are some changes and things to be aware of:

• To clarify the setting, the roleplay will take place in a sort of post-post apocalyptic New York City. The climate has shifted into a more tropical weather pattern, and the fauna have changed to match. There are several factions at play. These factions are not the typical rag-tag herds of raiders, but complex societies that have "settled in" to the world as it is. There are established governments, currencies, etc. This is for the dual reasons of creating a more interesting world in which to explore, and for events that may occur to have more impact than if they were happening only to roving bands of wife-beater/hockey mask clad jackasses.

• This is not intended to be a fully realistic roleplay. Due to the presence of giant robots, it could be considered science fiction but due to the presence of lumbering monsters, this could be considered a controlled low-magic setting. No elves or fireballs, but if mechanics need to be solidly grounded in realism than this may not be the roleplay for you.

• I will not require dice rolls, but it's important to keep your writing in check specifically in regards to monster fights. And by that I mean no one-shotting. Please c-:
  • Due to the RP having the element of "awakening" mechs and monster battles, I will play a partial GM role. I'll post in big bold font when a world event occurs.
  • Two paragraph posting minimum, which I know you're all capable of :-D

As an aside, you are completely encouraged to make nuanced characters. I'm totally fine with somewhat generic characters if they're well written, but if you can surprise me with something wonderfully creative you will be rewarded by me lavishing you with "likes" and compliments and e-cards.

And now: Plot Hint Time!

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Porgongo said:
As an aside, you are completely encouraged to make nuanced characters. I'm totally fine with somewhat generic characters if they're well written, but if you can surprise me with something wonderfully creative you will be rewarded by me lavishing you with "likes" and compliments and e-cards.
Have you seen Welian's Academy RP? We specialize at this.

[QUOTE="The One Eyed Bandit]oooooooooooo baby
My mech is going to be cute as the dickens it is.

[/QUOTE]
You promised me a mech with side-tie panties, you better fucking deliver.

[QUOTE="The Necromancer]Mechs have always been my thing.

[/QUOTE]
what about mechs with side-tie panties

I've never been in a proper mech RP before! I'm really excited to be a part of this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back