Project Black IC

"Please don't eat me, I won't taste good..."

Blinking in surprise, Dax drew back from the hatch, before allowing a frown to cross his expression. Not only had, whatever it was, survived the intense heat of the incinerator but its voice gave away the suggestion of it being no more than a child. This suspicion only strengthened by the faint pink glow which illuminated the small form amongst the soot and debris of burnt trash. Adjusting to the gloom, two large eyes at the centre of the illumination became the centre of the Elsangan’s focus, making Dakarai reconsider his actions. Sliding the white blade back into its sheath, Dakarai motioned for the tiny introducer to reveal themselves fully. After all, what dangerous creature glowed pink?

“Relax. I don’t think toasted frog will ever be part of my menu.” Dax sighed, although he couldn’t say the same for Charlie… Lifting his hand, Dax pressed the comms to reply to Wade’s question. “Never mind guys. No trouble. Just a stowaway. I’ll deal with it.”

As he said this, he set his eyes back onto his target, folding his arms defensively across his chest as he waited for the frog thing to leave the safety of the incinerator. “Mind telling me what you are doing aboard our ship? And more to the point, why you are in our garbage?”

Meanwhile Charlie, arriving in the medbay untangled herself from the supportive shoulders of Raven and Wade, gingerly lowering herself onto one of the padded beds which lay in Val’s ‘home’. Twinging a little from the pain which now throbbed through her centre, Charlie eased herself up further, before looking to Val with a hopeful expression.

“So what we looking at here, Doc?” She asked, keeping the edge of pain out her voice. “Am I going to scar? Any broken bones in there I can brag about AND possibly use to get out of Ship duty?” On saying this, Charlie grimanaced and glanced at Raven. “Sorry, but as a lead Rider, my faithful follower must take the bullet for me. The toilets are all yours Crow… You’re welcome.”

At long last she had broken the short lived silence her pride had induced. It had not lasted long, and her pride was still injured, but now her fear of needles was beginning to spike and her go to response was humour. Although this still didn’t completely remove the very high possibility of needles being involved in her treatment, teasing Raven and the idea of escaping Shin’s gruelling cleaning chores was a mood brightener.

@ScountheRatKing, @NovaNovass , @Deadpool

Wade Wilson

...Wade pressed the comm in his ear...

A stowaway? I'm gonna come check em out, be there in a minute

...Wade gently let Charlie down to see Val, Wade quickly glanced over to the medic examining her face. Nothing of interest; he decided to head out of the room before pressing his comm again...

Ay uh... Dax... where you at buddy?

Angelica Harlock

[]Angelica pressed a few keys on the control board infront of her, and a hologram image expanded. Her pupils dilated and she stared in awe at the many planets and stars[]

200_s.gif

"I'll never get used to this"

[]She kicked her feet up and grabbed what looked like a small homemade cigarette, and lit it up before her body went almost completely limp and she let out a sigh of relief[]

@Lokipi

@NovaNovass

@ScountheRatKing

Last edited by a moderator:
Once they got to the infirmary Val went to place her things down by her desk area. The room itself was really big, almost all the infirmaries were seeing as it was a large ship. She would listen to the others as he walked over to a cabinet and started to shift through bottles.

Raven on the other hand didn't seem too amused with Charlie's jokes. It wasn't because she was joking... or that she was joking about her.... Really she was still in fear of ship work with Shin...

"Well you don't have any broken bones." Val stated as she picked up a bottle from the cabinet.

Raven smirked as she now had ammo back on Charlie. She narrowed her eyes back at the other Rider, "I can fix that." Raven smirked. She was indeed happy to see Charlie back to normal. But she was a bit worried about her friend and didn't really joke back until now. "Or I don't have to do anything, that way me and you can both enjoy scrubbing the toilets." Raven smiled.

Val walked over to the two and handed Charlie two pills. "I don't think Charlie is doing anything for the rest of the day... Maybe two." After handing Charlie the two pills she then handed her some water. "She has some serious bruises, so I'd rather her get some rest. I'm sure the captain will just reschedule Charlie's Ship detail with Shin for when she is better." Val smiled as she didn't understand that the others were joking, and that she had just burned Charlie if anything.

(Sorry it's not long... and kind of crappy... Still trying to wake up.)

Charlie began to grin as Val stated she wouldn’t being doing any work over the next day OR two until, of course, the doctor had to ruin her good mood by pointing out that Ross wouldn’t let her off quite so easily. Sticking her tongue out at Raven, she shrugged as she quickly downed the two pills that Val had given her, taking a rather large swig of water with it.

“Looks like our toilet scrubbing date will have to wait. You’ll have to go on without me, Raven.” She gave a mock sniff of disappointment, before raising a curious eye brow. Two things had happened which had yet to be addressed. The first and more pressing of the matters was the stowaway which Dax had announced with Wade quickly wandering off to help. The comms had gone silent after Wade’s last entry of ‘where are you?’

The second was Shin’s mystery absence. It was defiantly weird that they hadn’t seen his sullen face since they had arrived. However, Charlie couldn’t decide if this was simply amazing luck, or a reason to worry. After all, the longer it took him to realise he had work slaves for the next 24 hours, the longer they could put off work.

“Think Dax has been eaten by whatever it is he found?” Charlie questioned, switching her gaze from the doctor to Raven intermittently. “More to the point, do you think whatever possibly has Dax MIA, also got Shin? I mean where has everyone gone?”

Of course her only real answers would come after she pressed down her comms, her voice crackling into being in everyone’s ear piece.

“Hey guys, speak to us.Don’t leave the wounded soldier in worry here. What’s happening? Any word on the stowaway or Shin?”

Dax was still waiting for the glowing thing to emerge from the belly of the incinerator when Wade's voice sounded, both in the room and in his ear piece. Allowing himself a small grin, Dax, looked around to see if he could spot his crew mate before answering, almost at the same time as Charlie's voice appeared. Stopping, as to not speak over the girl, Dax waited till she was done before respsonign to everyone at once.

"Wade, down near the garbage burner." he began, before turning his attention to Charlie's stream of questions with a grimace. "Things are fine. Everything is under control but no sign of Shin. If you're so worried, go check his quarters or cockpit once Val gives you clearance."

(bit of writer's block - Oh, and I have walking pneumonia yippee - that's why I didn't reply last night)

"Frog?" the small Greshlin inquired, and then shook his head - not understanding the reference.

"I was.... I was chasing a... mouse! Yes, a big brown mouse-rat!" the small red-skinned creature cries as his skin begins to dim it's glow.His face splits into an uneasy grin, accompanied by a row of shark like teeth.

"Then I fell into that weird tube action-y thing... and it shot me here like a glaffin (a bird-like species of his home planet) ... and now we are speaking..." Flynn's voice trails off, his grubby mitts rubbing against each other like a child that caught in the candy jar. He slowly makes his way to the gaping mouth of the incinerator, perfectly balanced on the small lip there. A four fingered hand sidles along the side, his face tipped down in... shame?

@Lokipi

All night they stayed up making new weapons, both Braxtes and Hybris. His chain gun was all ready for action and his favored weapon was already hooked up to his forearm. <"I bid you farewell my friend"> Said Braxtes in the same complex machanical language. <"And I you"> Replied the tech, already taking his leave to the mech lab. Braxtes took a moment to copy down all the data from his machines, storing it all in an implant like device he would then put into his head. He lay flat on the table, putting an anesthetic into his blood stream so he wouldn't feel the pain for the minature surgery he was about to do on himself. He gave the small implant to one of his electronical arms, setting them on an automatic mode already having been preprogrammed to do this task. The drill started, going so fast that Braxtes hadn't felt it pierce his head but once it did he had only a short while left to finish this. Another electronical arm injected nanobots to bolster his immune system, senses, and sight, near the small hole before taking the implant and sticking it in his skull. The nanobots would connect the multi-in-one implant to his brain. This would be minor however since the implant itself only allows his bio-optics access to various data and acts as a communicator. Approximately 1 hour later he awoke with a bandage around his head, putting his hood back on and leaving the small place he called a home.

Raven smirked as she held back a laugh over what Dax had stated about finding Shin. "For the first time we don't want to find him and he's no where to be found at the moment. I think we'll leave the Shin matter alone for a while." She looked over to Charlie with a devious smirk. "Besides my Lead Rider needs some TLC at the moment...." Raven looked Charlie in the eyes.

Val blinked as she looked over the two. "I think Charlie should report to her quarters and get some rest for the next few days." Val blinked as she watched the two. But she didn't agree with Raven fully. It was indeed strange not seeing the Gallion's navigator up and about like always. And last time she checked he didn't seem too good.

"Raven why don't you help Charlie to her room and I will go search for Shin." Val stated with a small smile.

Raven looked to Val very much not amused. "Fine." she gave in. "But after I'm going to go check out the stow away." She nodded with a smile.

Meanwhile Ross was able to find the three Remington brothers and was now making her way back with them. Things went from frustrating to calm once more. Well somewhat. The Remington brothers seemed more like a handful then anything. The only one she could really get along with was the eldest brother Rem. The other two seemed more like children from time to time.

She took in a deep breath as she reached the ships docking doors. She opened the doors and headed into the cargo bay with the three brothers following close behind her. The task at hand was now very simple... hopefully. She needed to find Shin, get one of the drop ships and then head out to get the cargo. Simple.....

Wade Wilson

...Wade pressed the comm in his ear once more...

Alright headed down in just a moment

...He began making his way through the ships metallic halls until he reached a part of the ship that would descend to the maintenance belly of the ship. He continued to walk, in silence listening to the environment as he ventured onwards. He caught a whiff of organic waste and knew he was in the right place. Even though the ship had an incinerator it did not always catch the liquid, and it now gathered creating a musty and unpleasant smell. He knew he was going the right way when the smell kept getting stronger and stronger. At last he came to the opening of the waste disposal unit....

Dax whe- oh there you are...

...Wade placed his right hand on one of the large metal tubes that made walking awkward and leaned against it with his forearm. He stared at the back of the large man hunched over looking inside the incinerator. His face filled with confusion for a brief moment before he spoke up...

I see you've found our garbage... did you find something interesting?

...He said in an almost joking tone. He doubted anything could survive in such an atmosphere inside the incinerator. Just what was the large man staring at?...

@Lokipi

@NovaNovass

@ScountheRatKing

Val took her leave from the infirmary as Raven started to help Charlie to her room. She wandered through the ship in hopes to find the missing navigator. Sadly her search was cut short when she came across Ross and three men entering into the ship's cargo bay. "Captain?" she asked in a calm voice. All eye set fast on her as she walked down a flight of metal stairs.

Ross looked over to Val and smirked a little, "The one that rarely gets into trouble." She made her way over to Val and motioned for the medic to follow her to the bay doors. "I have a job for you." Ross started. Val frowned a bit as she looked over the captain. "You need me to find passengers again?" she asked.

Ross nodded, "We always get more when I send you to find them." Ross shrugged.

Val wanted to protest but instead let out a soft sigh. "I don't find them.... I just stand out in front of the ships and ask people if they want a ride." The Lunar headed to the doors as Ross moved her along quickly.

"The more passengers the bigger the pay out." She exclaimed as Ross ran off to go find Shin. The three men with Ross followed the captain as she headed off deeper into the ship.

Val watched as her captain disappeared down one of the halls heading to the bridge.

Once Ross was out of sight Val made her way out of the ship. With the bay doors open she would stand at the edge of the ramp. She let out another heavy sigh as she looked around. There were a lot of people wandering around near the ship's parking spot. Val took in a deep breath and finally called out. "Inner planet transport! Heading to Linefall!"

@to all new rpers!!!

Vladimir was strolling along, on his way to, well, not to anywhere particularly , when he heard a voice as if from heaven calling out to him. Oh, wonderful, just wonderful! How exciting, this seems to have the smell of an adventure. He cocked his head to the side, with a small frown. I do hope they have plenty of guns on board. He walked quickly towards the ramp, leaning forwards and with his hands behind his back. The guns all over his body clicked as they swayed slightly. He looked to the messenger angel and said: "Halloo! How many can you take? And what is the fee? I hope I can work for transport," he leaned towards the woman on the ramp with pleading eyes and clasped hands by his cheek, "because I seem to have misplaced all of my money." Vladimir picked up two of his guns and held them at quite dangerous positions, oblivious to the worried looks of the people around him. He grinned slightly creepily. "I have guuuuuuuunnnnsssss..."

@NovaNovass

Xenos stood beside the man with large guns, he grunted, "Count me in . . . You betta' pay up, or big man's (himself) goin' to have to hurt some one . . ." he said with a heavy cockney accent. Xenos spat, narrowly missing Vladimir's feet, "And who might you be, git? You look like da mercenary type, you ain't taken' none of my money." he kept his hand on his plasma pistol, just in case he had to hurt the man to prove the point.

@NovaNovass @Yaoke Saint

Val took a step back as Vladimir came over to her. As he started to ask questions Val could only stutter for her words, "... Well... I" Her eyes went wide as Vladimir pulled out his two guns and pointed them dangerously around. Val felt her heart stop when one was pointed her way. She ducked down as a small peep passed her lips. "I'm... Very sorry... But it's..... Cash only..." She said in a mousy voice.

But before she could say or do anything else and another gentlemen... If you could call him that, stepped forward and addressed the first man.... Val slowly stood back up and watched how the other acted towards the first man. He lips curled into a frown as she covered her face with her hands. "Not this again..." She muttered softly into her palms. She only said this loud enough for herself to hear.

This always happened when she would try to get passengers. It was like she was cursed when it came to this sort of thing. Val peeked out at the two from between her fingers. She had yet to remove her hands from her face.

Braxtes marrowed his bio-optics, seeing a large ship with 3 misfits in front. Perfect place to go, so he thought. The anti-gravity boots he always wore lifted him i fo the air about 3 feet and propelled him forwards to the ship. "Are you headed off the planet? If so I would like to join." He said in a mechanical accent, actually speaking english for once. His servo-skull was detached from one of many electronical arms, all springing from his back, and it hovered next to Braxtes head seeming to scan the other people.

@NovaNovass @Darth Gangsta @Yaoke Saint

He turned jerkily to the newcomer. Speaking in a high voice he said: "Ooooooooo! We got a tough guy! I like it! Sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm not after any money. Only if I can buy a gun wi--" He paled as he heard the words "cash only." Turning to the woman, he got on his knees and began to grovel. "Oh, please, my angel, surely you would take pity on this lonely old man?" He, on his knees, reached tentativly for her feet. "I can make any gun, fix any gun, shoot any gun! Surely I could take a job! Surely!" He began to mutter to himself. "Yes, surely. Surely more useful than that brute over there." He glanced over to the newcomer. "Oh, hello there spider-man!" but at the same time muttering to himself, "competition, completion, so much competition."

@NovaNovass @Veyd Sahvoz @Darth Gangsta

Xenos simply ignored the crazy man, "I'm strong, I can shoot and I'll do anything for some coin. Anything." he put emphasis on the word anything. By anything, he meant anything. Xenos was a very daring individual. The Jirlhanee looked at the mechanical man next to him, then back at the woman (or was it a guy? @NovaNovass 's character) "Looks like I'm the only one that wants to get paid. It's all settle' 'den." he chuckled as he was excited. Of course he would be considering he was on the run practically his entire life.

@Veyd Sahvoz

@Yaoke Saint

@NovaNovass

Oh gods he had just gotten there and already people were annoying him. It hadn't mattered where he went because no matter what there were always those smart ass 'I can do anything' people. It drove him insane. "Well here you are madame." Said Braxtes as he handed over 200¥ to the lady and walked in.

@NovaNovass

"Dreadful, dreadful money!" He said in a screechy voice. "Drat and bother! Will I really have to use my last few coins to board this, this wreck?! Drat it! Drat it all!" He reached into his coat, and after rustling around a bit pulled out two clean, crisp stacks of cash and shoved them at the woman on the ramp. "Please! Take it! I must embark on this wonderous journey, this vessel which carries wonderous angels such as yourself." He giggled.

(for his voice, imagine Cicero from Skyrim, if you don't know who that is, I envy you.)

@NovaNovass

Joshua Caine was spending some time in the local cantina sipping on some local ale. He kept a sharp ear and eye as he surveyed the area for attack angles and cover positions. It was amazing what people would openly say after a few drinks and the false sense that no one was listening. He listened for job prospects and for anyone wondering eyes for anyone who would recognized him. He'd been able to stay off the radar for this long, he doubted anyone even cared about him him anymore. After listening he heard about a ship that had just came to port. The 'Gallieon' and seemed they needed a few extra hands. Caine finished his drink, payed the barkeep his tab and went off for the shipping yards.

It didn't take him long to find the Gallieon, and already he saw a small congregation of other seemingly less then favorable folk gathered around a fairly attractive woman. Tipping his cowboy style hat to conceal his eyes and closing his duster to hide his armorments he casually walked to the group. Already he could tell this probably wasn't going to end well. There was the crazy Russki going off about coin, walking carpet who looked like he was ready to eat the woman, and Xenopsychopath who was just plain weird. Regardless, he gave the woman a tip of his hat asked "looking for security detail ma'am?"

@NovaNovass @Veyd Sahvoz @Yaoke Saint @Darth Gangsta

@NovaNovass @DJGomez @Veyd Sahvoz @Darth Gangsta @Yaoke Saint

Emma

Emma had pretty much been stalking how long it would be until the Gallion arrived. She didn't know how much longer she could evade the people that may or may not be after her in her own cruiser. She figured she'd be much safer on such a massive ship, really. Therefore when it docked she was one of the first people to notice. Though several people walked up ahead of her. She studied each of them closely, none of them seemed familar. They seemed pretty damn weird, honestly.

Nevertheless she soon found herself walking up to the rest of the group, small stack of cash in hand and producing it to Valora. "
I'd like to come aboard, please. If that's alright. I'd also be interested in joining your crew if you're hiring? I hope you are..kinda have my own cruiser and stuff." She told her nervously. For the time being she attempted to ignore the rest, her own safety taking priority.

‘Interesting’ did not begin to describe what had emerge from the incinerator to look at Dax. The small, soft skinned creature looked up at the giant with huge, innocent eyes, as its tiny fists fumbled nervously together. Dax was almost tempted to go ‘aw’ until the creature smiled, showing two rows of suspiciously sharp looking teeth which contrasted with the cute persona of the small being so drastically that Dax had to double check, whilst resisting the urge to take a step back.

On his planet, he was use to hunting huge game. Things that were covered in thick sheaths of bone armor, horns, teeth and muscles and all very much deadly and capable of killing swiftly. Yet none of them gave Dax the creeps unlike the small frog thing in front of him now. At least he knew what the game from his own planet was capable of… and this frog’s teeth suggested a meat diet. Hopefully not man meat. Dax found himself thinking.

Glancing quickly toward Wade, the man nodded to their new ‘passenger’ with a frown.

“A mouse-rat? Glaffin?” Dax repeated with a smirk, briefly wondering about how Shin and Ross wound take to the suggestion of vermin on their ship. “Well, forgive for my bluntness, but this seems like a very tall story for such a short person to spin.” Dax began. “what is your name?”

Charlie returned Raven’s glance with a confused expression, admittedly a little worried by what her fellow rider meant by TLC. But Val soon left, as Raven hitched Charlie up using her shoulder. Waiting for about few minutes while Charlie listened to the distancing pitter patter of Val’s feet as she ventured off to do doctery stuff, Charlie then grinned.

“Please say you aren’t taking me back to my quarters right?” Charlie asked, “As like, I heard a healthy dose of fun is real good for bruised ribs.” She winked this, the pain in her chest already duller from the pain killers. “Plus I know that look Raven, what you got in mind? You thinking bikes or the stowaway?”

@NovaNovass, @Deadpool

@ScountheRatKing

Lokipi said:
‘Interesting’ did not begin to describe what had emerge from the incinerator to look at Dax. The small, soft skinned creature looked up at the giant with huge, innocent eyes, as its tiny fists fumbled nervously together. Dax was almost tempted to go ‘aw’ until the creature smiled, showing two rows of suspiciously sharp looking teeth which contrasted with the cute persona of the small being so drastically that Dax had to double check, whilst resisting the urge to take a step back.
On his planet, he was use to hunting huge game. Things that were covered in thick sheaths of bone armor, horns, teeth and muscles and all very much deadly and capable of killing swiftly. Yet none of them gave Dax the creeps unlike the small frog thing in front of him now. At least he knew what the game from his own planet was capable of… and this frog’s teeth suggested a meat diet. Hopefully not man meat. Dax found himself thinking.

Glancing quickly toward Wade, the man nodded to their new ‘passenger’ with a frown.

“A mouse-rat? Glaffin?” Dax repeated with a smirk, briefly wondering about how Shin and Ross wound take to the suggestion of vermin on their ship. “Well, forgive for my bluntness, but this seems like a very tall story for such a short person to spin.” Dax began. “what is your name?”

Charlie returned Raven’s glance with a confused expression, admittedly a little worried by what her fellow rider meant by TLC. But Val soon left, as Raven hitched Charlie up using her shoulder. Waiting for about few minutes while Charlie listened to the distancing pitter patter of Val’s feet as she ventured off to do doctery stuff, Charlie then grinned.

“Please say you aren’t taking me back to my quarters right?” Charlie asked, “As like, I heard a healthy dose of fun is real good for bruised ribs.” She winked this, the pain in her chest already duller from the pain killers. “Plus I know that look Raven, what you got in mind? You thinking bikes or the stowaway?”

@NovaNovass, @Deadpool

@ScountheRatKing
Wade Wilson

...Wade exclaimed a sigh of relief as Dax spoke, the man had been so quite for so long he almost thought he had something caught in his throat...

Haha I'm not sure what any of that is Dax but judging by your expressions... seems to be both curious and dangerous...

...Wade decided to walk over and squat next to Dax resting one of his hands on Daxs' shoulders balancing himself before leaning in a bit and squinting into the incinerator, there it was. A lightly glowing pink gelatin like creature with huge eyes and shark teeth. Wade hesitantly put his right foot back in fear of the tiny creature exploding with whatever radiated substance made it glow...

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here but... I'm going to assume you know about as much as I do about this thing, it's relatively small... we could shoot it out of one of the ships ports... just tell the rest of the crew it was a false alarm...

...Wade gave Dax a arched eyebrow look complimented with a nonchalant shrug...

Angelica Harlock

[]Angelica sat in the pilot chair of her ship quitely tapping her fingers on the control board. The comms had gone silent and things were beginning to become a little boring. Her chair rotated as if it were ergonomic, as she pressed off the metal edge with her boots, she spun around a bit letting out a sigh before stopping and grabbing what looked like a high tech ear piece of some sort and slid it onto the top of her ear.[]

il_570xN.595285006_6n18.jpg

"Time ta' play"

[]She sat forward in her chair as the holographic visor spread across infront of her eyes, an FPS game was now being booted into the system. She started a round of team deathmatch and awaited anything interesting from her radio[]

@Lokipi

@NovaNovass

@ScountheRatKing

Dax had to hold back a snort as Wade appeared, before shrugging.

“Sure, Wade. You go get ’em then.” Dax offered, nodding towards the creature’s sharp toothed grin with his own smile as Wade inched back from the thing suspiciously, before adding “Don’t worry man. If it goes for you with those things (its horrific teeth), remember that I’ve got your back.” Finishing this with a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

However, in truth, Dax was just as much at a loss on what to do than Wade was. In fact, Wade’s suggestion was the only idea he had to go off for the time being anyway. But still… something about the small creature didn’t make him want to propel it out of one of the ships ports as… well… it was kinda cute.

Plus it talked, or more accurately, it had lied to him. So it wasn’t just some stupid beast which had wandered onto the ship. The creature had come here for something and Dax wanted to know what that was at least, before they shot it out of a hole.

@Deadpool, @ScountheRatKing

Val at this point just wanted to run back onto the ship and hide. There were so many people, she didn't know what to do anymore. Upon collecting the money from those willing to pay she just motioned nervously towards the ship. "Please.... R-right this way." She gulped as she turned back to those who had yet to pay. "I'm sorry we are not hiring crew members at the moment." She honestly didn't want to say anything that the captain would get upset about. And as far as she knew they were only taking on passengers.

"We will be heading off planet and should head for the Inner planets." Val hated not knowing details.

Mean while Raven couldn't help but give Charlie a warning look. "Are you serious?" She asked. She too liked her bit of fun and trouble.... But sometimes Charlie took things a bit far. Well really in this case. She was hurt and she wanted to go racing. Raven let go of Charlie at this point. "If you want to go racing right now.... Don't ask for my help." Raven was a bit upset with her lead rider.

She normally wouldn't be so upset and would be right next to the girl getting their bikes ready, but she was more so in fear for Charlie's well being. She had seen the bruise and wasn't too happy with it either. "I'd rather go clean toilets." She added before walking off.

Ross had managed to find Shin sleeping on the bridge. She frowned deeply as she spun his chair with her foot making the navigator jump in his sleep. His eyes shot open as he looked around quickly. He caught eyes with Ross and smirked, "Didn't think you'd be back so soon." He looked back to his screen and smiled that the upload was complete.

"We need a drop ship." Ross told him.

Shin looked over his shoulder and gave a dull expression to Ross. "All of them work..." He now seemed to be questioning her words. "Do you know where they are?"

"Of course I know where they are." She hissed.

"Then why do you need me?" Shin leaned back in his chair and studied the captain.

"Last time I checked you had a lock on them." She added.

Shin blinked for a few minutes... They hadn't used the drop ships in some time, so the locked part slipped his mind. "Oh!" He collected his tablet and got out of his chair. "Yeah no problem." He said as he started to lead the way. He stopped when seeing the three new faces. He pointed to them before looking back to Ross.

"They come with the job." She shrugged.

Shin slowly nodded as he continued to lead the way to the ship bay.

“That can be arranged! Toilet cleaning is in season right now.” Charlie called after Raven, before sulkily, the girl began to limp her way out of the med bay by herself, realising her friend wasn’t listening. Although she would never admit it out loud, Charlie needed a shoulder to lean on for this. In a physical sense anyway. Emotionally, she was already scarred and no help would help, but more in a funny way then Batman messed up kind of emotional scarring. But with Raven off on one, Charlie's options were remarkably limited. Already knowing that her friend was out of ear shot however, Charlie still let out a sad... "Aw come on Raven, I'm sorry..." to the empty passage ahead, before begrudgingly she began her slow return to her room by herself.

Every now and then, the girl would pause in the corridor let out a heavy sigh, or wince, as she leaned against the wall to ease some of the weight set on her ribs. Although at one point, her limping, slow path crossed Shin, Ross and three random dude’s path. Standing as straight as she could to hide her injuries, Charlie lifted an arm with excruciating pain to give a salute to her captain. Sure it wasn’t mandatory, but at this point in their lives, if she didn’t do her customary greeting, Ross was more likely to pick up on something being wrong. Na. She’d let Val relay her health issues as Ross probably didn’t wanna talk to Charlie right now anyway. So hoping they wouldn’t spot the slight sickly sheen she now carried from pain induced nausea, Charlie put on her best winning smile.

“Afternoon gentleman, and captain.” She offered, her tone light but her sentence lacking the usual insult or quip aimed at the navigator, as well as missing a hundred questions about the rough looking dude which accompanied her crew mates. To be honest, however, she did not expect a reply and waited for the group to pass without another word.

10 more minutes and she’d be in her room and on the bed… if she survived the trip that is.

@NovaNovass

Dax continued to look down at the small frog thing until at last the giant’s patience failed. Patting Wade on the shoulder, Dax gently pulled him back before meeting the creature’s gaze with his own apologetic look.

“I’m real sorry bud.” He offered before, very quickly, his hand shot forward and punched the tiny frog, knocking it out with a soft ‘thud’. As the creature crumpled, Dax gently stepped forward to pick it up before turning to Wade with a confused expression.

“We have other stuff to do.” He shrugged, before looking down at the frog and then back at his friend. “Do you wanna carry him to the ship’s brig or do you?” He asked.

@Deadpool, @ScountheRatKing (Hey guys, Sorry I god modded, but figured this way everyone can post. Wade and Dax can head back to the others and Flynn can wake up and escape when @ScountheRatKing returns :) )

Jack slicked back his blond hair as his other hand nervously stroked the newly grown stubble at his chin. For the past twenty minutes, he had watched the Gallion with baited breath, until at long last Val had sauntered out, opening up his opportunity.

Letting a grubby finger run over his whiskey glass’ rim, the man watched the small woman get swamped by potential passengers, stifling a laugh before he downed the remain dregs of his drink. Wiping away any residue on the back of his hand, the man stood and grabbed a large cloth sack which was filled with his only possessions that, luckily for Ross and Val, included a large purse filled with cash. After all, he had found himself a ride that he most certainly wasn’t going to miss.

Striding forward into the sun, his clothes oddly clean cut against the rest of the rag tag crowd, the man let out a panicked ‘hey!’ as he watched Val and the group she had gathered begin to retreat back into ship. Picking up his pace, he eventually caught up with them all and offered each member in turn a flashing grin.

“Sorry to interrupt. I’m looking for passage to the inner planets. If I heard correctly, that’s where you are heading, no?” He asked this directly to the retreating Val, but rather than waiting for a reply, he simply grinned and with his free hand, pressed a swollen purse into the woman’s hands. “Good. Yes. I do believe these will cover my cost. Glad we could do business.” He almost laughed this bit, ensuring his light blue eyes remained fixed to Val’s, as he then gave the woman’s shoulder a gentle squeeze.

Looking back over his shoulders at the others, he offered a jovial wave and charming grin, as he dipped his head in greeting. Now partly walking backwards into the ship’s belly.

“Marvellous to meet you all, lady and gentlemen” he beamed, “So glad I caught up there. Was worried I would miss my chance to fly with such a fine group of people.”

@Veyd Sahvoz, @Mitchs98, @DJGomez, @Yaoke Saint, @NovaNovass

"Fine isn't what I'd say but if you think so that is fine," said Braxtes, turning his head over to Val "Deepest apologizes my dear, I didn't mean to worry you. Val is what they call you, correct? I'll be in the ships lower parts, I hope you don't mind me resuming my work there." He explained while heading inside and beginning to fly 5 feet above the ground, heading down the corridors. All that was left on the ground was a communicator the size of a person's palm.

@NovaNovass @Everyone else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back