• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Press Start (A Ready Player One RP) OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here

NerdyBirdy

Alaska Fan
This is the OOC for Press Start (A Ready Player One RP). Keep it rated T for teen. You can find links to the main thread and the CS above.

Also what exactly does each class do exactly?

The classes are based off the D&D class archetypes of the fifth edition (And before anyone says anything, no, I don’t favor editions, I just picked the most recent because more people play it these days. You wanna run a class from a previous edition, go for it) so it gets a bit complicated to explain. So I’ll just sum them up in MMO Trinity terms.

Fighter - Tank
Rogue -Melee DPS
Cleric - Heals
Wizard - Ranged DPS

Barbarian - Tank/DPS
Bard - DPS/Heals
Druid - Ranged/Melee DPS
Monk - Melee DPS
Paladin - Tank/Heals/DPS
Sorcerer - Burst DPS
Warlock - Damage over Time DPS

What exactly would be classified as an artifact??
Anything with nostalgic reverence. Like the 1-Up Quarter. So you could have the Necronomicon ex-Mortis that could allow you to summon a Deadite familiar or the Infinite Sided Die that can make anything happen at random.

Anything with nostalgic reverence. Like the 1-Up Quarter. So you could have the Necronomicon ex-Mortis that could allow you to summon a Deadite familiar or the Infinite Sided Die that can make anything happen at random.
So like the matrix of leader ship from transformers or a morpher from power rangers would qualify?

Two more questions my dude, it's been a while since I read the novel, so I don't really remember what the max level was or how the level system worked, or if they even went that in depth on it. Also I assume that a players whole profile would transfer the oasis 2?

Two more questions my dude, it's been a while since I read the novel, so I don't really remember what the max level was or how the level system worked, or if they even went that in depth on it. Also I assume that a players whole profile would transfer the oasis 2?
Leveling seemed to work like MMOs like Warcraft or Guild Wars. Kill monster, get XP, get loot. I think the book claimed the max was 75? I may be wrong. And yeah, player profiles transfer to Oasis II. That’s how you have your weapons, artifact, level and gear.

Totally interested. I haven't seen the movie (yet) but I've read the book. Will that be sufficient?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back