• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon: The Frontier (Advanced)

Ganryu

Your Lovable Jackass GM
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
~Pokemon: The Frontier~
GMs - Ganryu Ganryu - InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum - Orikanyo Orikanyo
Cloud map.jpg

Story:

A new region has been discovered, the Vera Valle, secluded by a mountain range formerly thought impassible. However, a trainer recently discovered a pass leading into the valley, and word spread. Initially, it was only a few trainers wanting to explore a new area, but word spread of a Regigigas sighted in the area. Professor Joshua* was sent to investigate, and confirmed it himself, but was unable to reach it due to the Regi trio protecting it. This was it, 4 legendary pokemon instantly drew new fame to this area. It only got worse as additional legendaries were discovered, who knows how many are out there? More and more people began migrating to this new region, tempted by adventure.

And that’s where our story starts. Many new trainers are tempted by the thought of catching their very own legendary. Many come for the chance of a new start. Many for the challenge. But for whatever reason, one has for coming, welcome.

It has been ten years since the hype began, and in that time, new villages and outposts began to be built. All are relatively new. It was thought no people had ever existed here before. Well, that was before the ancient ruins were discovered, adobe buildings long since uninhabited. Whatever happened to them is a frightening prospect.

This frontier has also become an interest of the pokemon league. With the number of trainers pouring in and the danger a new region has to offer, they began to organize new arrivals into suggested teams. Nothing is set about them, but a group often is safer than to make it on your own. They are also rumored to be in search of potential Gym Leaders.

Of course, one of the biggest dangers to a new region isn’t the wilderness or the pokemon, it's often the lack of law. Team Blackleaf appreciate these circumstances. A group of trainers that banded together for the best catch of them all, money. Their goal is the power of the Regis, and the extortion of every passing trainer.

*(The ugliest tree I have ever seen.)

Rules:

• Good grammar and posts of two paragraphs at least are required. This is an advanced RP, and we expect that much.
  • Game stats for pokemon don’t mean anything.
  • Any pokemon CAN win against any pokemon. Ever Magikarp/Bidoof/Stunfisk trainer gets my blessing.
  • PvP is a thing. Figure out a winner beforehand, or Gan will flip a coin. Gan is also a programmer who can calculate handicaps.
  • No legendaries. No pseudo legendaries. If you get one in the story, it will be epic.
  • Gan won’t say why but going monotype maaaay have advantages. Of course, you’ll have to deal with the normal type problems like getting your ass handed to you by your weaknesses.
  • Star Pokemon: What’s your favorite? They will be the strongest hitting on your team. You will start with one (non-evolved) pokemon in the game.
  • No custom pokemon. Want to know why? Pain in the ass to regulate or create. Sorry.
  • Send your sheets to any GM to get approved.
Character Sheets

Code:
[h]Name [/h]
[CENTER]image here[/CENTER]
[blockquote=charactername]Put something your character would say here[/blockquote]

[side=right]Star Pokemon:
Sprite here
Name
Type[/side]
Age: (Going for teens here, or above, screw the anime ‘10’ rule)
Region of Origin: (Where ya from?)
Personality: (One Paragraph more or less, nobody can be perfect, remember, having things one hates makes us human. So many people bond over things they hate, your character is no different.)

History:  (Two paragraphs more or less. Who are they, what have they done? Who have they met? How have these people changed their lives? How did you meet your pokemon? )

Goal: (One sentence works. Want to be the region’s new champion? Help the professor? Run away from home? Help people build? Catch a legendary? Become a gym leader? Assassinate the president? Find what berries grow in the region.
[accordion=30%]
{slide=Equipment}
Within reason
{/slide}
[/accordion]

[sh]Pokemon Roster: [/sh]

[tabs]
[tab=Pokemon 1 name]
Sprite here ( http://pokestadium.com/tools/sprites )
Name:
Pokemon:
Type:
Personality & Notes:
[accordion=50%]
{slide=Moves}
(No limit later, but starting out, you have maybe 2. Just be reasonable.)
Move Name: Type
{/slide}
[/accordion]
Battle History:
Won vs X
Lost vs Y [/tab]

[tab=Pokemon 2 name]
You start with only one Pokemon for now
Sprite here
Name:
Pokemon:
Type:
Personality & Notes:
[accordion=50%]
{slide=Moves}
{/slide}
[/accordion]
Battle History:
Won vs X
Lost vs Y [/tab]

[tab=Pokemon 3 name]
Sprite here
Name:
Pokemon:
Type:
Personality & Notes:
[accordion=50%]
{slide=Moves}
{/slide}
[/accordion]
Battle History:
Won vs X
Lost vs Y [/tab]

[tab=Pokemon 4 name]
Sprite here
Name:
Pokemon:
Type:
Personality & Notes:
[accordion=50%]
{slide=Moves}
{/slide}
[/accordion]
Battle History:
Won vs X
Lost vs Y [/tab]

[tab=Pokemon 5 name]
Sprite here
Name:
Pokemon:
Type:
Personality & Notes:
[accordion=50%]
{slide=Moves}
{/slide}
[/accordion]
Battle History:
Won vs X
Lost vs Y [/tab]

[tab=Pokemon 6 name]
Sprite here
Name:
Pokemon:
Type:
Personality & Notes:
[accordion=50%]
{slide=Moves}
{/slide}
[/accordion]
Battle History:
Won vs X
Lost vs Y [/tab][/tabs]

Last edited:
Well, we have an int check now. Things are still subject to change, but figured I'd get this out the way and see who's interested.

Seriously though, I suck at town names.

The CS MUST be sent to one or all gms, who are myself, InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum amd Ganryu Ganryu .

Only then will you get a link to the discord and allowance to post your oc.

Naturally no pseudo or actual legendaries will be accepted.

And those who start with a shiney is fine but you will be subjected to the ridicule and laughter of Ganryu, who will point at you and call it silly like the good man he is.

Having a shiney doesn't make it better, remember this.

Last edited:
And those who start with a shiney is fine but you will be subjected to the ridicule and laughter of Ganryu, who will point at you and call it silly like the good man he is.

Having a shiney doesn't make it better, remember this.

"I've never seen a Charmander with that color before. It that a birth defect? Are you sure you don't want it to get checked out? You hatched HOW many eggs to get it?!"

"I've never seen a Charmander with that color before. It that a birth defect? Are you sure you don't want it to get checked out? You hatched HOW many eggs to get it?!"
"So thats why they had to clean up that river of charmanders..."

Hey, some pokemon look much better with their shiny coloring. Like Umbreon.

So yeah, if anyone has questions, bring it.

You can start with most pokemon. I'm slightly torn between an Onyx my character rides all day, and a derpy Slugma myself.

We'll be in teams of probably 3-4 for the adventure.

True, but expect at least some hazing nonetheless.

"...does your pikachu have a tan?"

Wait, so, are we new trainers beginning our journey or can we already have an established party?
New trainers drawn to a new region for whatever reason(personal goals). Starting with an unevolved low-level pokemon.

New trainers drawn to a new region for whatever reason. Starting with an unevolved low-level pokemon.
Does it have to be specifically be a starter pokemon or can it be whichever one we choose? Thinking of using my edgy ghost-type trainer

Does it have to be specifically be a starter pokemon or can it be whichever one we choose? Thinking of using my edgy ghost-type trainer

Anything you want that's not legendary. Like I'm probably going with a slugma myself.

The pokemon can be from any gen naturally, I shall be a grass type trainer with bouncsweet, that little orb of delicious obliviousness.

Then please follow the instructions, send us a comepleted cs, stating interest only goes so far yea know~¡

They will be typically stronger than most others, a trump card or one you are most known for. Or perhaps the one they have bonded with the most, this pokemon can be anything within reason.

It's your star, its your baby, it's the piece de la resistance, your je ne seis quoi, the hidden greatness, the friend you always wanted, the friend you always needed, the little shit who sticks through till the end.

All these and more.

Hey there fellas, how're ye doing? I was just wondrring if there's room for a Larry? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back