• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern OPERATION MAVERICK - Precinct

lol is it bad that I'm excited to see everyone's view on Ronan and how much of a asshole everyone thinks he is

Well fuck. Parents just surprised me and said that we're going on a 2 week vacation in exactly a week. This messes up my schedule A LOT. Hope I won't have to drop this rp :/

Guydaguy said:
Well fuck. Parents just surprised me and said that we're going on a 2 week vacation in exactly a week. This messes up my schedule A LOT. Hope I won't have to drop this rp :/
Oh no. Don't feel pressured to continue if you know that you won't have time, real life does come first but I still hope that you can participate. If you do decide to drop out just let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
sunshineintoveins said:
Oh no. Don't feel pressured to continue if you know that you won't have time, real life does come first but I still hope that you can participate. If you do decide to drop out just let me know.
It'll just be a bit over 2 weeks and I'll be back. Hopefully I can rejoin when I get back. Would it be possible to RP until Thursday, then get a reason for my character to leave, somehow?

Guydaguy said:
It'll just be a bit over 2 weeks and I'll be back. Hopefully I can rejoin when I get back. Would it be possible to RP until Thursday, then get a reason for my character to leave, somehow?
How about Conor gets injured and has to sit out for a while?

Also, in response to Harry's power, wouldn't Conor just be able to control the inorganic material that Harry covers himself in?

Guydaguy said:
Also, in response to Harry's power, wouldn't Conor just be able to control the inorganic material that Harry covers himself in?
Harry's already controlling it, so he couldn't do anything specific or powerful, but maybe he could push the guy around a little bit. Not to mention, he'd be immobile but Harry could just make his armour massively thick so that he couldn't be moved.

You see a plan of mine is, if a building needs leveling, Harry just runs through the supporting sections of concrete or whatever, takes it on then immediately drops it, or even keeps some of it. He could be like a much more destructive Kitty Pride.

I've finished my relationships thing.

@sunshineintoveins I've come up with some other alternative applications of Harry's power: Imagine he uses a rock as a small piece of armour, logically he can put it wherever he wants on his body, right? So perhaps he can move the rock around his body at a decent speed, allowing him to, say, grab someone by the neck or shoulder and continuously pummel them with it and other rocks.

The other one's effectiveness depends heavily what you think his range, force and speed should be for matter retrieval. Imagine someone is standing in front of him, with some material that he could make armour from behind them. He could pull it towards him and then it would smash into them.

Waddyathink?

Guydaguy said:
Anything to get me to RP (lol). Speaking of, when are we starting?
Whenever I get the first post up so either later today or tomorrow

The J]I've finished my relationships thing. [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/35003-sunshineintoveins/ said:
@sunshineintoveins[/URL] I've come up with some other alternative applications of Harry's power: Imagine he uses a rock as a small piece of armour, logically he can put it wherever he wants on his body, right? So perhaps he can move the rock around his body at a decent speed, allowing him to, say, grab someone by the neck or shoulder and continuously pummel them with it and other rocks.

The other one's effectiveness depends heavily what you think his range, force and speed should be for matter retrieval. Imagine someone is standing in front of him, with some material that he could make armour from behind them. He could pull it towards him and then it would smash into them.

Waddyathink?
Oooohhh I like it, very creative. He would have to be pretty close to the target though, correct?

sunshineintoveins said:
Whenever I get the first post up so either later today or tomorrow
Oooohhh I like it, very creative. He would have to be pretty close to the target though, correct?
For the first one, I've had another idea: he could extend both of his arms, then accelerate a rock or something along the length of each arm and his chest, finally releasing it when it comes to the end of his fingers.

I'm starting to think that this is all like powerful, detailed, point-blank telekinesis.

[QUOTE="The J]For the first one, I've had another idea: he could extend both of his arms, then accelerate a rock or something along the length of each arm and his chest, finally releasing it when it comes to the end of his fingers.
I'm starting to think that this is all like powerful, detailed, point-blank telekinesis.

[/QUOTE]
I think it's more like earth manipulation. If he does that, he would still only have the amount of armor can carry on him to work with right?

sunshineintoveins said:
I think it's more like earth manipulation. If he does that, he would still only have the amount of armor can carry on him to work with right?
Yeah of course.

sunshineintoveins said:
Also, in response to what @Guydaguy said, Harry can only cover himself with organic earth materials and nothing found in nature.
Many "earthen" materials aren't organic. Metal, for example, is inorganic. Rock generally isn't said to be organic either, nor is concrete or earth.

[media]

[/media]

[QUOTE="The J]Many "earthen" materials aren't organic. Metal, for example, is inorganic. Rock generally isn't said to be organic, though some argue the various compounds that make up each type of rock can be organic because they contain carbon, though that's not always a common opinion.
[media]

[/media][/QUOTE]
Then he can only use things that are not man made and are found in nature like titanium, tin, copper, lead, etc. At least that's how I understood it.

The starting post is up! You can basically have your character doing whatever in the apartments by themselves or they could interact with another person. A couple of things you must know before getting started.

• You must write in third person past tense which is the usual RP format
  • Please try to aim for 2-3 paragraphs (7 sentences each). Quality is more important than quantity but I expect substance so if you're stuck; add more detail, go deep into your character's thoughts, describe their surroundings.
  • I expect correct spelling or grammar. I won't freak out over an extra comma or absent semi-colon but please spell properly and use the right grammar conventions to the best of your abilities and no texting shorthand.
  • Include your character's name, occupation, and location at the top of your post.
  • Try to be active when your character is interacted with and tag those you have interacted with in your post.

Once this part wraps up and everyone has their relationships in, we can transition into the next morning. Have fun, everyone, I have some great things planned and I'm excited to see where your characters take us! @ReverseWells @CloudyBlueDay @raspberryrose @Javax @Elision of Ecritures @The J @Guydaguy

raspberryrose said:
So.. finally finished the relationship thing. Sorry it took so long
Dont worry about it! You actually finished early since I need it by the time we transition into the plot, thank you

sunshineintoveins said:
Then he can only use things that are not man made and are found in nature like titanium, tin, copper, lead, etc. At least that's how I understood it.
Yeah don't worry I understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back