• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern OPERATION MAVERICK - Precinct

CloudyBlueDay said:
Okay. Well I know that Which isn't on anymore but I made that code, so next time you should probably ask for permission. c:
I will definitely. Sorry about that, I just needed the base of it but next time regardless of how much of a code I use I will ask.

@sunshineintoveins What is the point of super strength if telekinesis users can lift more?

On a similar vein, @Guydaguy, I think your character might be a little bit OP, it could be a typo but in the CS you mention he can lift things up to 100,000 tons, that's around the weight of an aircraft carrier.

aranafco said:
@sunshineintoveins What is the point of super strength if telekinesis users can lift more?
On a similar vein, @Guydaguy, I think your character might be a little bit OP, it could be a typo but in the CS you mention he can lift things up to 100,000 tons, that's around the weight of an aircraft carrier.
Yeah, I agree that 100,000 is like mega frickin OP. And I see no weaknesses listed either.

aranafco said:
That is a very good question. So I had Guydaguy ask me about telekinesis and we agreed on 100,000 lbs not tons and I wrote the enhanced strength stuff before talking to them so I forgot about the limit I placed on super strength. 100,000 lbs still is a lot so I'm going to make that 30,000 and make the limit for strength the same thing. 30,000 is about the weight of an empty garbage truck. Of course energy draining still applies. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

@sunshineintoveins I've got a problem: I can't see the code for the CS in the code box, could you post a code box of it here? If that doesn't work perhaps I could give you it in a rough format then you could insert it?

The J] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/35003-sunshineintoveins/ said:
@sunshineintoveins[/URL] I've got a problem: I can't see the code for the CS in the code box, could you post a code box of it here? If that doesn't work perhaps I could give you it in a rough format then you could insert it?
Try copy pasting it into the reply box then editing it using the bbcode editor, you should be able to see it then, but if that doesn't work, you can type it out in plain text and I'll put it in the CS.

sunshineintoveins said:
That is a very good question. So I had Guydaguy ask me about telekinesis and we agreed on 100,000 lbs not tons and I wrote the enhanced strength stuff before talking to them so I forgot about the limit I placed on super strength. 100,000 lbs still is a lot so I'm going to make that 30,000 and make the limit for strength the same thing. 30,000 is about the weight of an empty garbage truck. Of course energy draining still applies. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
Oh shoot I put tons.. My bad lol. And I'll change that to 30k right away

ReverseWells said:
who's excited for tomorrow?
Just to clarify, I won't be announcing the accepted characters until Tuesday, tomorrow is just the last day to get your characters in. Also since not as many people as I anticipate applied, I'll probably just accept everyone with a completed CS but I'm not totally sure yet, I will update you all tomorrow.

Business aside, IM SO READY TO GET THIS RP GOING

Last edited by a moderator:
@sunshineintoveins

I'm finally home and chillin'. Wait for meeeeee. I promise my CS will be finished in the next couple of days. I just gotta juggle finishing up another CS for my RP and then responding to, like, six RPs. u.u I'll finish it, though. (<3)

Javax said:
@sunshineintoveins
I'm finally home and chillin'. Wait for meeeeee. I promise my CS will be finished in the next couple of days. I just gotta juggle finishing up another CS for my RP and then responding to, like, six RPs. u.u I'll finish it, though. (<3)
I can assure you that we won't start anytime before Thursday and if you need more time we can work something out. Your character looks so badass so far.

sunshineintoveins said:
I can assure you that we won't start anytime before Thursday and if you need more time we can work some thing out. Your character looks so badass so far.
Yay! ^^ Hopefully, I can have my CS finished tomorrow. It shouldn't take me long to write up the personality, history, etc.; it's just a matter of motivating myself to actually do it.

@sunshineintoveins

I'm finally almost done. I swear! I just have to do the "Personal Records" tab (and explain her power) and then I'll be done. ^^ (<3)

I decided to accept everyone since there's only ten characters and you all came up with such awesome characters so THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INTEREST THIS RP WILL BE KILLER and I will soon have a post in the overview tab to make it look more official. What I was planning on doing was accepting 9 or 12 characters then dividing them into teams of three including; an Inspector, a Malefactor, and a Hound, so I'm going to have to improvise a bit and I want your feedback. We have 2 Inspectors, 4 Hounds, and 4 Malefactors so we 5 options when it comes to teams.

1. 2 teams of 5, each lead by one Inspector
  2. 5 teams of 2, which will be each Inspector with a Malefactor, then each Hound with a Malefactor
  3. 3 teams, 2 with an Inspector, Hound, and Malefactor in each, then 2 Malefactors and 2 Hounds in the other
  4. 4 teams, 2 with an Inspector, Hound, and Malefactor in each, then a Malefactor and a Hound paired up for the other 2 teams
  5. No specific teams, Lynell will just assign people to go with each other depending on what needs to be done. So if there was an undercover mission, Conor and Lynell would be able to do that while Kaz and Rona would be more skilled with doing something more violent. Then there's other simple things like talking to victims and witnesses, doing research, stealthy snooping, your standard crime show procedures.

I'll tag everyone so you all can let me know which option you like the best, you can just comment a number if you like. If anyone has any other ideas, fire away. I feel like 5 would be the best option because we have more freedom to change it up, but I want to know what you all think. Also, we will be starting on Friday.

@ReverseWells @CloudyBlueDay @raspberryrose @Javax @Guydaguy @Elision of Ecritures @too much idea @The J

sunshineintoveins said:
I decided to accept everyone since there's only ten characters and you all came up with such awesome characters so THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INTEREST THIS RP WILL BE KILLER and I will soon have a post in the overview tab to make it look more official. What I was planning on doing was accepting 9 or 12 characters then dividing them into teams of three including; an Inspector, a Malefactor, and a Hound, so I'm going to have to improvise a bit and I want your feedback. We have 2 Inspectors, 4 Hounds, and 4 Malefactors so we 5 options when it comes to teams.
  2. 5 teams of 2, which will be each Inspector with a Malefactor, then each Hound with a Malefactor
  3. 3 teams, 2 with an Inspector, Hound, and Malefactor in each, then 2 Malefactors and 2 Hounds in the other
  4. 4 teams, 2 with an Inspector, Hound, and Malefactor in each, then a Malefactor and a Hound paired up for the other 2 teams
  5. No specific teams, Lynell will just assign people to go with each other depending on what needs to be done. So if there was an undercover mission, Conor and Lynell would be able to do that while Kaz and Rona would be more skilled with doing something more violent. Then there's other simple things like talking to victims and witnesses, doing research, stealthy snooping, your standard crime show procedures.

I'll tag everyone so you all can let me know which option you like the best, you can just comment a number if you like. If anyone has any other ideas, fire away. I feel like 5 would be the best option because we have more freedom to change it up, but I want to know what you all think. Also, we will be starting on Friday.

@ReverseWells @CloudyBlueDay @raspberryrose @Javax @Guydaguy @Elision of Ecritures @too much idea @The J
Personally, I think the two team idea would be best mainly because if all the teams are going off and dealing with their own missions and such, I feel like having a bunch of people in varying places would be a bit hectic to keep up with. I dunno, though. I personally choose either option #1 or #3. Though #5 is cool, too.

That opinion probably didn't help at all. I'm sorry. xD

Javax said:
Personally, I think the two team idea would be best mainly because if all the teams are going off and dealing with their own missions and such, I feel like having a bunch of people in varying places would be a bit hectic to keep up with. I dunno, though. I personally choose either option #1 or #3. Though #5 is cool, too.
That opinion probably didn't help at all. I'm sorry. xD
I agree, I probably won't have enough places for the duos to go to tbh. Thanks very much, my dear!

Personally I enjoy the concept of option 3 or 5. Though since five might make things a bit one sided when it comes to missions, for instance, only two people are out in the field while the rest are just 'Nah', I lean more towards option 3.

[QUOTE="Elision of Ecritures]Personally I enjoy the concept of option 3 or 5. Though since five might make things a bit one sided when it comes to missions, for instance, only two people are out in the field while the rest are just 'Nah', I lean more towards option 3.

[/QUOTE]
So for 5, some people will have a bigger role than others but I, rather Lynell, will make sure that your characters all have something to do but you're right 3 will be more equal since there will be only 3 teams. Thank you!

I'm leaning more towards either 1 or 5. Mainly cause I don't really think that there would be enough trust for the hounds and malefactors to be together on their own without an inspector with them

sunshineintoveins said:

1 or 5, because Inspectors need to keep an eye on the Malefactors

I'm kinda easy on this. I like five, for the simplicity of it. Cause I need Ronan to have a Insepctor to make good story, and plot development for my character.

sunshineintoveins said:
@Javax I just finished reading Rona's biography and I am genuinely afraid for the safety of our characters oh my lord she's one scary lady
Yay! ^^ That's what I was hoping for. Heuhe.

So her profile's okay? Do I need to change or elaborate on anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back