[OOC Thread] Some Nameless Cantina in Yu-shan [Said the Spider to the Fly]

Haku1

Ze Hamster of Lurkdom
You step into the Nameless Cantina. The smoke from the cooking food waft out about as rowdy music played by various lesser gods fill the air and mask the various conversations.

The rowdy sounds of ruffians from across Yu-shan and Creation enjoying themselves surround you, along with the scent of beer (the good stuff, and not the weak Realm stuff that fancies itself to put hair on a man's chest) being consumed and spilled all over the place.

Welcome to the Nameless Cantina, the place in Yu-shan after Cerulean Lute where one can enjoy one's self, without fear of your conversations being used against you... one hopes.

TYVM Haku. It seems I attracted quite a bit of attention to this game in little to no time at all. People are already setting things up in here as it is. Nice.

Very in character for an OOC thread, Haku 8)

In regards to Tome's sheet, I must be looking at something wrong.

Essence 3 14BP
Performance 5 3BP

Martial Arts 5 3BP

Performance Specialty +3 1.5BP

Martial Arts Specialty +3 1.5BP

Water Adaptation 1BP

Exalted Healing 2BP

Weather Control 5BP

Death Between Heartbeats 4BP

Conviction 4 3BP

39/39BP
I thought we were using Bradyz' rules? I'm just asking for clarification, so I don't spend an hour or two dreaming up awesome then have to edit it with a chainsaw because I was working under the wrong parameters.

"There is no Haku here. Only various Divine bar wenches... really..." :lol:

And since it's so IC, you'll be driven to be absolutely OOC... so it all works out in the end. :twisted:

1e Player's Guide, I'll see about posting it here in a moment. We are restricted to 3 dots in the background.

"]1e Player's Guide' date=' I'll see about posting it here in a moment. We are restricted to 3 dots in the background.[/quote']
That'd be awesome. I don't have a 1e Player's Guide.

I'll get the God-Blooded Backgrounds up tomorrow. There are some Good-Blooded specific Merits/Flaws that I'll put up in the morning as well.

Tikor said:
Very in character for an OOC thread, Haku 8)
In regards to Tome's sheet, I must be looking at something wrong.

Essence 3 14BP
Performance 5 3BP

Martial Arts 5 3BP

Performance Specialty +3 1.5BP

Martial Arts Specialty +3 1.5BP

Water Adaptation 1BP

Exalted Healing 2BP

Weather Control 5BP

Death Between Heartbeats 4BP

Conviction 4 3BP

39/39BP
I thought we were using Bradyz' rules? I'm just asking for clarification, so I don't spend an hour or two dreaming up awesome then have to edit it with a chainsaw because I was working under the wrong parameters.
What's wrong with it?

Braydz' rules for God-Blooded, Inheritance 3 and Solar costs, as Coyotekin has said we're using.

For someone without the afore mentioned players guide, and access to the inheritance background, that seems like a fair bit of pointage...

That's where the confusion arose, Tome

Hmm, Question: It looks as though Braydz set things up for a mortal to have more essence than a god-blood.....essX5 + WillX2, vs godbloods essX7 + Will

anyone know if their is a typo in there somewhere...?

Edit: Also, Since by braydz system we all have awakened essence anyway, we don't need to purchase the merit in order to get merits with that as a prereq....Right?

For someone without the afore mentioned players guide, and access to the inheritance background, that seems like a fair bit of pointage...
That's where the confusion arose, Tome

Hmm, Question: It looks as though Braydz set things up for a mortal to have more essence than a god-blood.....essX5 + WillX2, vs godbloods essX7 + Will

Edit: Also, Since by braydz system we all have awakened essence anyway, we don't need to purchase the merit in order to get merits with that as a prereq....Right?
I believe so.

Also, a summary of the Inheritance Background.

* Extra 6 BP.

** Extra 12 BP.

*** Extra 18 BP.

**** Extra 24 BP.

***** Extra 30 BP.

Inheritance is a God-Blood's primary advantage, and in fact the trait that makes a character a God-Blood.

God-Bloods get to buy Essence Plethora

true, though it doesn't much help us ghost and Fae bloods....

Another question:, we don't get the magical bonus from items, what about items were the MM is a basic part of the thing, not simply a preset bonus, examples being wingblades and hearthstone bracers

"]
God-Bloods get to buy Essence Plethora
Tome said:
Inheritance is a God-Blood's primary advantage, and in fact the trait that makes a character a God-Blood.
So what makes a godblood a godblood is inheritance and different essence calculation?

Oh, and does anyone know which direction this will take place in, or the reason for the tournament, or who's calling the tournament, and if we know each other?

By default I'm basing Sel in the Scavenger Lands, so there's a chance that anyone who's gone near there might have heard of her as a wandering prophet.

We've got 2 out 4 of those answers,

This is being held by /everyone/, at least everyone that matters.....the primordials (Live, Dead, banished and elsewhere), The Incarnae, and the Rakshasa are all getting together to throw this little party, not so much working together as using this as a venue to one up (or worse) their foes.

That's the who and why,

I'm not sure if the 'party' will know each other off the bat, though am doubtful

Direction, probably starting in the east (most things do) though that's pure guesswork at this point, it's assumed that each character is led there (where ever it may be) by some power or chance from where ever their usual haunts are.......

Ah, where is is being held well, that's the fun part. Each of your characters will have been given a riddle of sorts, pertaining to something you are good at. (Meaning if someone lacked your skill or knowledge they'd be clueless.) And no, not the East, well, not really....for each of you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back