• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OnexOne Anything Goes! Jump In

Feather

Feathered Glass
(Any reply welcome! Just jump in with any character, any sort of response, let's see where this goes!)

Matthew paced the floor of his living room of his small loft. Something about him today made him uneasy since he had woken up that morning; it made him restless. His mind was searching its very corners for an explanation but could find nothing; he could focus on nothing else regardless.

The bell sounded at his front door and within a second he was there, pulling it open to be met by a man, about 40 years old with the beginning kisses of grey peppered through his facial hair. They both seemed surprised at the speed of which his answer came.

"Mister... Clarke, I take it?" The visitor's voice sounded condescending as his eyes swept over Matthew's messy space, disheveled hair, and wrinkled clothes. Matthew straightened up and smoothed out his shirt with his hands, following the action by raking his fingers through the blonde mess atop his head.

"That's uh..." He lost his words as the man walked past him into his home and shut the door. "That's me."

"We've got a job for you and your particular set of skills are exactly what we need if you're willing to work with a partner."

Matthew let out a quiet laugh, but seeing that the man was serious, quickly shut his mouth. "I only work al-"

"Yes, you work alone, the quiet, brooding, mysterious type, we get it. Everyone does. But this is something that we need and there'll be quite a handsome reward for you and your partner if you agree. A large enough reward to get you out of the trash bin and into, say, 5th and City St. Penthouse." A lift of an eyebrow and an outstretched hand were met by Matthew's tentative handshake.

"Fine. I'll do it."

She had been sitting in the conference room, her leather boot clad feet resting on the long, glass table, one ankle crossed over the next. Patience was never a strong suit of hers, but she sat there, waiting and obedient, anxiously fidgeting with her fingernails as the minutes ticked away. Now worry wasn’t a desirable trait for someone in her line of work to have, but she took care to hide keep her nervous mannerisms to herself. Her dark eyes would shift to the wall clock and the door in short intervals, hoping that she would be joined soon. But no luck.

The brunette sighed, moving straight locks of dark hair out of her face and behind a heavily pierced ear. She was instructed to take a seat and not to leave the room until the meeting with her new partner had come to a close. What was she doing there, anyway? This was a mystery to her just as much as it would be to the next person. She was found, sought out for the particular set of skills she possessed. Skills that required extremely difficult training as well as long, exhausting hours to perfect. Of course, it all came naturally, but there was always room to refine such talents.

“Agent Nash, you will be joined shortly.” A woman’s curt voice came through the intercom, her voice bearing a quirky British accent. Agent? Nash grinned, sitting upright in her seat and straightening out the collar of her leather jacket. She could definitely get use to be called that.

@Feather (Let me know if you want to continue and also if you'd like to do character sheets for these two. =))

Last edited by a moderator:
(@Feather Ugh! I didn't your response until now and I've been around aalll day. What the heck. I will definitely get to drawing up a character sheet. And take your time with posting! I'm certain this rp will be very exciting!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back