• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Omniverse Travelers

Cefius scowled at Tetris "we should have got something made on 1345f". He said rubbing his eyes and sighing deeply, tapping the side of his chair as well. The beeping of the controls, the smell of alkali and the general chaos was bugging him, and just adding to his already killer headache. "just fix it" he said, slinging his sword over his shoulder and putting his guns into their holsters, leaving the room, swaying a little from the lack of sleep.

"S.E.L. I am- eh never mind, lets go." Aee-oo tried to explain that there was no specific gender for the species but decided to drop it. Aee-oo followed S.E.L. to the front.

"What exactly is the distress of the planet?" Aee-oo asked. Even though Aee-oo wouldn't do much in help, it was good to ask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tetris watch Cefius retreating back and deduced that he was sleep deprived.

"Hanz, did you find anything?" Tetris asked, figuring that he would do a better job than she would.

Sel played the recording. The distress call was cut short but it did say that many of the Teludirian have acted peculiar; showing signs of murderous intentions, after a handful came back from an expedition in an underground cave of their planet. "It is quite strange" He said. "Considering they are a peaceful race..."

"What is more strange is that it started when they had that expedition..." Aee-oo stated out loud, when Aee-oo looked up and thought there were stares of disapproval did Aee-oo added, "I'm just stating the obvious, I know."

Aee-oo bowed head and mulled over the call.
What if something in the cave made them turn into savages.

"What do you think of it?"

"The Travel may have made them go Vicious..." He looked at the wall. "Might be a desaise or a telepathic monster, common around those parts." Images of monsters appeared on the screen "They usually spread by a Hive mind Mentality, taking hosts minds over, then the hosts servants will give them what the bieng needs... Then after that, its all up to the hosts to do what they want from the creatures..."

Cefius approached his room, the door slid open with a sharp quick scrape, almost like a quick exhaling of breath. He slumped on to his bed heavily and stared at the ceiling. "maybe I should have never left, ugh this travelling isn't my kind of life" he though to himself, rubbing his eyes with the palm of his hand and sighing deeply. After some time he got up and walked to the window, gazing at the stars. "at least the view is good from here" he thought as he stared at a planet, their destination, light years from where they were.

But then something strange happened, he felt angry. Of course he had felt angry before, but this was with no provocation. he drew his sword and slammed it into his bed, the noise created was a very loud thud, loud enough to be heard throughout the entire ship. Cefius then sat down on a chair, he was worried, he had been taught to not feel any emotion if needed, it was a very important part of the training he did for assassinations, but this anger felt different, it felt artificial, controlled...

Aee-oo nodded, understanding what S.E.L. was saying. Aee-oo didn't know what to anymore and let a comfortable silence take over which was interrupted by a loud thud. After the thud, another silence ensued. The silence wasn't the comfortable one but a heavy elephant one. It stifled the idle chatter and work from the rest of the crew members.

"What the- what was that?" Tetris questioned the answer everyone wanted to say but feared to do so.
"Aee-oo and S.E.L., do you think you can go check it out?"

Aee-oo looked at Tetris. "Why do you choose us?"

It was a simple question yet Tetris had no reason why she chose them.

"I uh don't know but I could go with you guys. I know Hanz is busy at the moment and so is Micheal..." Tetris explained. "So how about it?"

Cefius then became worried, weren't they going to a planet which turned people into savages? and then, suddenly, it hit him, whatever was making him angry was telepathic. He knew how to bypass telepathy, it was an important part of an assassins life, secrecy, so he carried out the correct mental exercises that he had been trained in and felt normal again (albeit after a while). This telepsthy affecting him meant it could somehow affect the ship, far away from their destination, which made the situation far worse than they originally thought. He rushed out to the crew and said, quite calmly (due to the mental exercises he had just done) "we are in a far worse situation than we thought. The telepathic power of whatever is on that planet has spread to this far. we need to get the ship moving ASAP!"

Saul said:
Cefius then became worried, weren't they going to a planet which turned people into savages? and then, suddenly, it hit him, whatever was making him angry was telepathic. He knew how to bypass telepathy, it was an important part of an assassins life, secrecy, so he carried out the correct mental exercises that he had been trained in and felt normal again (albeit after a while). This telepsthy affecting him meant it could somehow affect the ship, far away from their destination, which made the situation far worse than they originally thought. He rushed out to the crew and said, quite calmly (due to the mental exercises he had just done) "we are in a far worse situation than we thought. The telepathic power of whatever is on that planet has spread to this far. we need to get the ship moving ASAP!"
Sel nodded. "I shall serve as a moderator of peace, if we all turn feral." He started punching in the corrdinates."I'm not sure if the village will give a welcome party when we get there..."

Hanz scanned through the panel for a moment longer before finding the problem. He reached in and got to work untangling for a while before tying two pieces of a broken yellow wire near the back together. A moment later, the panel hummed to life, no longer being a broken piece of garbage. It wasn't the best fix in the Omniverse, but it'd do for an immediate fix.

He turned his attention to the others. It was nice of Tetris to consider his workload. He'd have to thank her later. When she brought attention to the thumping on the hull, Hanz immediately walked over to an emergency security panel on the wall, opening it and taking out a XR Variant Plasma Rifle. He then walks over to the security station and begins to pull up the security cameras that focused on the hull (you never could be sure of what would attach itself to your ship after all). It would be prudent to see what this thing was before he neutralized it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sudden burst from Cefius and everything that happened out of nowhere created an uncomfortable buzz in Aee-oo's head and Aee-oo had lost all sense of it. Aee-oo's eyes crossed and watched as everyone moved in a blurry slow motion. Aee-oo's head moved this way and that, searching.

"What's- what's going on?" Aee-oo asked, trying to understand the sudden urgency. Tetris advance to clutch Aee-oo's face, stilling the frantic movement. Careful with her fingers. Tetris understood why Aee-oo was like that; this was the first ever mission and didn't have much experience.

"Calm down, Protia." Tetris begged, using the nickname she gave Aee-oo when they met. "Cefius just solved what is making the Teludirian act like savages and it's heading our way and we need to this ship in gear."

Aee-oo blinked and calmed down, finally understanding. Aee-oo's vision returning to normal.

"What do we need to do?" Aee-oo questioned, looking around and seeing every possible thing being handled.

"Everyone be alert..." Sel said. "The closer we get to the earth, the stronger the Telepathic levels will be... The easier it will be to screw with our heads..." He looked at everyone. "Do not take everything as it is... Mind games are notorious among telpaths, as it will find a way to get into your mind more..."

Nothing...next camera. Nothing...next camera. He continued his search for whatever had impacted with them. If it had truly stuck to them, he'd find it eventually. At Sel's words, Hanz decided to add his two cents. "TELEPATHIC AND EMPATHIC ABILITIES DEEMED INSUFFICIENT FOR SHIP CAPTURE. PRESENCE OF MECHANICAL CREW MEMBERS RENDERS SAID ABILITIES INEFFECTUAL." Aaaaaand that was why people didn't like Hanz's voice. It was designed to be as intimidating as possible on the battlefield, and to aid in that, it only had one volume: loud.

With his piece said, he went back to trying to find any abnormalities on their hull. If there was something out there, he'd probably have to kill it. Well, that was a part of the reason why he was here. He'd take care of it either way.

Cefius sat down in the pilots chair "Hey, I'm the pilot here, I decide when ship slows down!" he said aggressively. The buttons and dials on the controls had lit up again, control was possible now. He stopped the ship mid-air and addressed the crew, turning the pilots chair around so that he was facing in their general direction.

"we need a plan of action, what will we do when we touch down?"

(sorry for the small posts, I'm tired and I'm concentrating a lot of my effort into my FMA roleplay)

Hanz finished cycling through the cameras, not finding anything out of the ordinary. Maybe it was just a bird-esque creature of some sort? He'd still have to sweep the ship to make sure nothing got in. Hanz considered Cefius' question for a moment before answering with a question of his own. "PERHAPS WE SHOULD SCAN THE SURFACE TO SEE IF THERE IS A PARTICULAR DIRECTION IN WHICH THE VIOLENCE NOTABLY INCREASES? IF WE ARE LUCKY, WE MAY BE ABLE TO FIND THE AREA WHERE SOURCE OF THE EMPATHIC FIELD IS CURRENTLY LOCATED."

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'm not sure all of us should go... mostly me in that matter." Aee-oo explained, "I don't have strong mentality and would be a target... wouldn't I?"

"I'm sure we will find a way to help you with that." Tetris supplied to Aee-oo. She got up and headed to one of the panels at the far end. "Hanz, go ahead and scan the surface. I'm going to try and search what type of species could do this." She typed away and many screens popped up. "I found a couple of things." She swiped a hand through it and the screens traveled to the pilot area. "Which one do you think? So far you were the only one who felt their telepathic ability."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back