• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern - old ties -

Cosimia

Of The Stars

old ties

alegra academy is known to parents as a getaway for their troubled children. it’s advertised as a safe haven for those who have struggled in the past or present, no matter if their poison is narcotics or homosexuality or even a troubled attitude. alegra takes these children in, and supposedly conditions them back to their healthy selves.

it’s a parent’s paradise.

it’s nothing different than a regular boarding school: live-in dorms, parties, cliques, and of course, classes. each student does group therapy as part of their “healing regimen”, alongside with appointments with the school’s presiding psychiatrist, dr. melissa martin.

in 1970, the platinum surface of alegra academy was tarnished.

gina crane, one of alegra’s longtime students, committed suicide in the campus lake, travis lagoon. it was a closed investigation, despite having exactly 7 witnesses of the suicide. some say that the parents of the witnesses, who were students, paid off the police. others say they were just very good at lying. either way, it was put away until the next school year.

in august of 1971, gina’s body was found in the nearby forest by a random hiker, obviously mutilated. anybody that saw her body could see that her death was definitely not a suicide, as the wounds were not self-inflicted.

the gina crane case is open, and the focus is on the 7 students that witnessed her death.

gina’s passing is no longer ruled as a suicide, but as a murder.

on top of their social lives, their “problems” they were admitted to the academy for, and challenging classes, seven of alegra’s scholars are also the focus of a homicide investigation.

they were all there that night.

they know the truth.

will one of them let it slip? or will the seven come together despite their differences and form a solid alibi for the group?

Characters

the characters

queen bee: queen bee is indeed, the female ruler of alegra academy. she has a clean reputation, heading many of the school’s clubs and extracurricular activities. seen as untouchable by many of her fellow students, she lives a lavish life with an entourage of friends and the school’s hottest boy as her partner.

‣ dating
the king, best friends with the wannabe, is appalled by the pothead and the hippie.

the king: he’s the cocky asshole leader of alegra academy. he is the star member of the school’s soccer team, and is known for his raging parties. he always finds a way to bring beer into school activities, which queen bee hates, and gets away with almost everything from drugs to hooking up with his girlfriend on campus.

‣ dating
queen bee, but has a crush on the future president, whom he is also best friends with.

(reserved: @Cosimia ) the wannabe: as her name suggests, the wannabe is the knock-off version of queen bee. they stick together like peanut butter and jelly, but it’s obvious that she is trying a little too hard to cover something up. the wannabe is a closeted lesbian, attempting to keep rumors at bay by pretending to be a “cool girl” like queen bee.

‣ has a crush on
the pothead, best friends with queen bee.

the pothead: she is the queen of her own territory: drugs. admitted to alegra by her parents for excessive use of dangerous opioids. she deals to entire school, her source unknown, but makes a pretty buck off of her mini enterprise. it’s well known that the pothead is bisexual. at one of the king’s parties, she was seen making out with a drunken queen bee and the school’s preppiest boy, future president.

‣ is secretly in love with both
the wannabe and the future president.

the hippie: made fun of for his motto of ~inner peace~, the hippie is seen as the girliest man on campus. he is always peacefully protesting something on alegra’s front lawn, sitting with his girlfriend, the introvert. he is also a frequent user of marijuana, which he acquires from alegra’s very own dealer, the pothead.

‣ is dating
the introvert, best friends with the pothead.

the introvert: as her name suggests, the introvert is a very quiet girl. while she may be seen with her boyfriend, the hippie, she doesn’t have other friends. some people view her silence as a result of emotional trauma inflicted by some mysterious force, but others rumor that she has something to hide.

‣ is dating
the hippie.

the future president: he is the leader of all things academic. in addition to his exemplary scores across the board, he was also voted “most likely to succeed” in last year’s superlatives. he is not an athletic man, but rather a person of skill in the mind over physical capabilities.

‣ he is a closeted homosexual man.

The Rules
Please do not hesitate to make your character interesting! You may add on to the original summaries here, and make them their own. Please do not alter their love interests, however, as they were created that way.

This roleplay takes place in the 70s decade. Please keep true to that time period, so no texting on iPhones or riding around on hoverboards.

This roleplay contains mature elements. Make sure that you can handle the subjects mentioned above before creating a character.

Last edited by a moderator:
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Periidot" data-cite="Periidot" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="223145" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-size:12px;">I am intrested! Yes!</span></div></blockquote>

<p>

</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="IndianaJones" data-cite="IndianaJones" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="223145" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>

<p>

</p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';">Super duper interested.</span></p></div>

<p></p>

<p></p>

<p>

</p>

</div></blockquote>

<p>

Thanks you guys <3</p>

Cool!!

[QUOTE="Keira Winston]I'm definitely interested! I think I'll go for the queen bee or maybe the future president...

[/QUOTE]
bump pleaaassp

Really interested; the plot sounds awesome and intriguing!

I'd especially love to rp the introvert, or maybe the pothead.

Hey, I'm interested in this roleplay as well, and I don't mind taking any role that is available, though the future president reminds me of a character from a book that I'm reading now, and I'd like to take that role if it hasn't been taken already.

[QUOTE="Huor Spinks]Hey, I'm interested in this roleplay as well, and I don't mind taking any role that is available, though the future president reminds me of a character from a book that I'm reading now, and I'd like to take that role if it hasn't been taken already.

[/QUOTE]
There is a WIP for the future president.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back