• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OHSHC - Between the Lines

And then, she ran. Tamaki dropped his shopping now, not even caring. He didn't want to lose her again. He knew that she wasn't running because she was scared or intimidated. She wasn't running because she hated him. Haruhi was running because she'd been too proud to let him see her like this, to have him look after her.

"Haruhi, please! Stop," he called after her, making sure to keep his distance. Tamaki swallowed back the lump in his throat. He wouldn't be able to bear it if he couldn't speak to her.

~Asuka~

Mori... cared about her? Asuka blinked, surprised. They'd only met yesterday, but he cared. That was so sweet. She blushed a little, tilting her head forward so that her hair moght obscure her face.

"I'm glad to hear that," she said, slightly breathlessly.

She watched how the sand ran between his fingers, some grains falling away from the stream in the wind. Then, with a last cough over her shoulder, she turned back to him.

"Shall we head back? I'm a little cold..."

~Haruhi~

Haruhi knew deep down that running away wasn't the best option. So, she decided to go with the sensible option, turning around with a sigh.

"W-What do you want?"

~Mori~

Mori wiped the remaining grains of sand from his hands, then with a smile, stood up slowly.

Grabbing their bags, he glanced down at Asuka.

"Can you walk?"

@Chicogal

~Tamaki~

Tamaki came to an abrupt halt, having not entirely expected her to stop. She seemed almost a stranger now; he knew so little about her life. What he did know was her past - that was it. But he knew it so well. He regarded her silently for a moment, intense regret welling up within his heart.

"Haruhi, I..." He took a step closer to her - not too near, not too far. He didn't want to invade her personal space. "...I'm so sorry."

~Asuka~

Asuka nodded unsurely. Her legs still felt like jelly after the fright, but hopefully she'd be able to. Gathering herself, she stood up on unsteady legs. After taking a step toward him experimentally, she staggered and ended up clutching at his bare arm. She turned pink, quickly letting go of him- "Sorry!" she squeaked. It wasn't really appropriate to go and grope at him, even if it wasn't her intention.

"I'm a little wobbly; my legs feel all weak," Asuka admitted.

@animeloulou

~Haruhi~

Haruhi could feel her pent-up anger bubbling up again, threatening to boil over. She spoke in the general direction of the voice.

"Why are you sorry..!? You didn't make me lose my sight! I decided to go through this alone! So you have no reason at all to be sorry! That's not sorriness, that's pity!"

~Mori~

Mori smiled a little at her mini freak-out, nodding his head ever so slightly.

"I thought so. Just making sure."

Without a second thought, he bent down to her level, wrapping his arms around her and lifting her up bridal-style in one swift movement. He began to walk back to the house, the extra weight not much of a burden to him.

"I hope that this is okay..."

@Chicogal

Once again, Tamaki was stung by her words. Even now, she was still lashing out at him. A bit of frustration and anger bubbled up from within him; he hadn't done anything wrong, and here she was, yelling again!

"Of course I pity you, Haruhi - you've lost your sight, damn it! How do you expect me to react?" he cried, stopping in his tracks. "I don't know what to do with myself, you kissed me, then left the city without even saying goodbye. Why do you always have to do things alone? We're a family, I told you that, and family is meant to stick together."

~Asuka~

Strong hands supported her back and legs as she was suddenly picked up; as if she was no lighter than a feather. Asuka felt quite safe in his arms as he started walking, and it was... comfortable. Mori had a very calm energy about him, and she felt safe in his arms.

"Of course. I hope it's okay with you," she replied, hoping he wouldn't be puffing by the time they reached the cottage. But somehow, she didn't think he would be. Her head naturally found a resting spot between his arm and chest, and she peered up at him.

"Thank you, Mori." His nickname was becoming more natural every time she used it.

@animeloulou

~Haruhi~

Haruhi let a few stray tears fall as she listened to Tamaki's words.

"I'm sorry that I left like that... I didn't want you, or anyone else to end up being my carer! Maybe family isn't enough for me!? I don't know!"

~Mori~

Honestly, Mori didn't mind at all about carrying Asuka up to the house. It was the least he could do, after all. He shook his head slightly as he re-tightened his grip on her.

"It's perfectly fine with me. You're welcome..."

He retracted his last thought. He liked this, carrying Asuka. It made him feel something...

@Chicogal

~Tamaki~

Tamaki shook his head vehemently - and then, remembered that she couldn't even see him. The thought made another pang go through his heart. He tightened his hands into fists.

"I would have been honoured to take care of you," he said, more quietly this time. "Or if you didn't want that, the least you could have done was keep in touch. Meet me every now and then, tell me what was going on. It was agony, not knowing how you were doing! Do you know how many nights I stayed up with a bottle of whisky for company, wondering if you were going to die because of whatever took your sight?" His strength seemed to dissipate from him. But of course, she couldn't see that - only hear it. His voice broke as he spoke, "Do you hate me this much?"

~Asuka~

Asuka smiled up at him when he confirmed that he was just fine, very aware of how close his bare chest was against her body. What would her uncle think, when he saw Mori carrying her? Hopefully he wouldn't panic if he found out about the riptide. Oh, well. What would come would come. Yuki had become more protective after his brother had died; his neice and sister-in-law were the only family he had left.

At this angle, she could see the sharp line of his jaw and the way it relaxed when he spoke to her. She was quite lucky to have made a friend of him. He had shown himself to be nothing less than a perfect gentleman, and an extremely lovely person. Mori didn't speak much, but when he did, it was worth listening. She glanced away from him, up the path as they came closer to the house. His steps were steady and confident, covering a surprising amount of distance with each stride - it was a big difference from her own walk, due to their height difference of over a foot.

@animeloulou

~Haruhi~

Haruhi's few stray tears had quickly turned into a steady stream of tears as she tightened her own fists. Had she really hurt Tamaki that badly?

"I-I don't hate you! I love you! That's why I left, don't you get it!?"

~Mori~

As he approached and entered the cottage with Asuka in his arms, Yuki raced over to them with a worried expression. Mori explained everything while bowing a little bit.

"I'm sorry, sir. Asuka is fine, she just got caught in a riptide..."

@Chicogal

Tamaki shook his head. He could see why she saw that to be love. But...

"For me, that hurts more than anything," he whispered, stepping closer. "To me, being close to you is how I feel loved. And being apart from you is agony. Don't-don't you remember how jealous I was, when I found the twins spent so much more time with you?"

He hesitated, wiping tears off his cheeks hurriedly. "What do I have to say, to stop you running away again?"

~Asuka~

Yuki's eyes grew wide at that, then he frowned at Asuka. He was only worried, but he scolded her fiercely for not remembering his warnings. She tensed up in Mori's arms, unconsciously shifting away from her uncle - and pressing herself against his Mori's chest, without even knowing it. She knew why he was angry, but it still made her feel guilt in her chest.

Yuki turned his attention to Mori, expression softening a bit. "Thank you for saving my idiot of a niece, young man," he replied, giving him an appreciative clap on the shoulder. "You did well. She's lucky you were there."

With a last look at Asuka, he headed off elsewhere in the house. Asuka looked up at Yuki and let out a soft huff. "At least he likes you?" she commented with a wry smile.

@animeloulou

~Haruhi~

She thought back to the days of the Host Club, remembering how Tamaki used to pull what she used to call in her own mind a 'diva strop' whenever she hung out too much on her own with the twins.

Her fists tightened even more, hating herself inside for how much pain she had caused.

"Just say that you'll accept my apology..."

~Mori~

Mori let out a tiny sigh of relief as Asuka's uncle left the room, glancing down at the comfortable-looking Asuka in his arms.

"That's a relief... It would be an awkward overnight stay otherwise."

He smiled slightly as he carried her back to her bedroom, laying her on the bed.

"Get some rest. Do you want me to tuck you in?"

@Chicogal

Tamaki looked up, pained expression fading away. His mouth formed a small, surprised, 'o,' as he stared at her. Hope was brimming in his violet-blue eyes. Had he heard her correctly?

And after a moment's thought, he said, "Of course." And he walked forward, so that he was close to her - but he didn't hug her, waiting for her if she wanted to. He wouldn't invade her personal space if she couldn't even dodge his affection.

~Asuka~

Asuka smiled at Mori's words - he spoke the truth. There would be nothing like being at-odds with your host. At least for her, it was her uncle. And there was that slight smile of his again, betraying his stoic outward appearance.

Mori's question surprised her, and she laughed gently. It was so sweet of him - although, she had to wonder where he got this nurturing side of him from. Had he done such things before? "Why not?"

~Haruhi~

Haruhi was tired. Tired of trying to convince herself that she was fine with being alone. Being alone was hard. Harder than she thought.

As her eyes glistened with tears, she opened her arms slowly, her voice cracking ever so slightly.

"I-I'm sorry..."

~Mori~

Mori smiled warmly as he heard Asuka's delicate laugh, nodding slightly.

Lifting her up just a little, he grabbed the bed sheets, pulling them back. Laying her down again, he pulled up the bed sheets toward Asuka, tucking her in. He had years of experience from tucking Honey in nearly every night.

"Is that okay?"

@Chicogal

~Tamaki~

Tamaki engulfed her in a Tamaki-hug, squeezing her tight and swinging her around 360 degrees. He laughed softly, despite his tears. And she couldn't see it anymore, but he was so damn... happy.

"Don't apologise," he reminded her, just happy to have Haruhi in his arms again. It felt right. It was how things were supposed to be. He paused, planting a kiss on top of her chestnut hair. The question was... what next?

"We have to catch up," he suddenly decided. "Come to my place?"

~Asuka~

Asuka smiled gently as he helped her, actually quite glad for it with her leaden limbs. He was surprisingly caring for a man in his early 20s; very gentle despite his enormous strength. And she couldn't but help wonder where he had practised this before. A younger sibling perhaps...?

"Of course," she replied. Before he could leave her, she reached out to take his wrist. She gave it a small tug to tell him to come closer, then opened up her arms for a hug. A small blush dusted her cheeks; Asuka knew she was being a little forthcoming. But Hell; he'd saved her from drowning today. What was a little hug compared to that?

"Thank you."

Perhaps those would be her words to him, always.

@animeloulou

~Haruhi~

Haruhi was immensely glad that Tamaki had forgiven her. However, they both needed to have a chat about what actually happened in those six months.

That's why when Tamaki suggested to have a talk, Haruhi nodded just a little.

"That would be good..."

~Mori~

Mori's eyes widened slightly as he felt Asuka's grip tug on his wrist. As he cast his gaze upwards, he was pleasantly surprised to see her arms cast outwards, as if giving permission for him to hug her.

Bending down ever so slightly, he hugged her. Her embrace was both comfortable and exhilarating at the same time for some reason.

"You're welcome."

@Chicogal

Tamaki smiled, letting her go. For a moment, he forgot her blindness - he inclined his head in the direction of his apartment. And in that awkward little moment, he waited for her reaction. But when he remembered it wasn't coming, he cleared his throat and took gentle hold of her wrist.

"It's this way," he explained, starting to walk slowly beside her. She could set the pace for them. He wished to hold her hand properly, but - baby steps. "It's about two minutes from here. I work in the city now, in a business..."

~Asuka~

Asuka hugged him back lightly, then more tightly. A little secret smile came to her lips as she looked across his back. For some reason, their hug made her happy. It shouldn't make her heart so light - but it did.

She let it go on for a second longer than most friends would hug - mostly by mistake, it was quite comfortable that way. Then she let her arms slip out from around him, immediately missing his closeness. Sometimes the darkness of the night was scary, and for some reason, she really didn't want to be left alone. But that was irrational and she knew it.

"Night, Mori."

((don't skip yet; I have plans o3o drama plans!))

~Haruhi~

As Tamaki took hold of her wrist, leading the way, Haruhi felt a pang of sadness sting her heart. Was this the way it was to be now? Being led everywhere?

Her thoughts were cast away as she tuned into Tamaki's words. She could just imagine him in a business suit, trying to do the best he could, whatever the situation.

"What kind of business?"

~Mori~

As Mori pulled away from Asuka's embrace, he somehow missed the warmth of the hug.

"Goodnight, Asuka."

With a small wave, he turned, leaving the room with a smile playing on his lips. He crossed the corridor, heading into his room and began getting ready for bed.

@Chicogal

Tamaki didn't feel entirely comfortable either with the new arrangement. But it was how it had to be, if he didn't want her hurting herself. His fingers slipped down, so thar they interlinked with hers; rather holding hands than leading her like a child.

"It's an electronics company," he said with a shrug. "I wanted to make my own path, apart from my father, y'know? It's not too exciting, but I'm hoping to be promoted soon." Tamaki was the sort of person to create things himself - such as the Host Club. He smiled slightly to himself. "You know what would be fun? If I created my own business of Host Clubs, across Japan. It's one thing I might actually love, although I'd need a Kyoya" he commented with a laugh. "What are you up to these days?"

~Asuka~

It was 2 in the morning, when Asuka woke up to her room shaking. For a few moments, her mind didn't completely work. But then - earthquake. She'd been through one before, but not at night, not alone, not as strong as this. Things were falling off the shelves and her window shattered. Tiny pieces of glass bit into her skin as she staggered across toward the doorway. At some point during the night, she'd gotten cold and changed into pyjamas.

She threw the door open, shouting for Mori. One of the safest places was in a doorframe - she flung open his door, knowing he had to be awake anyway. A scream escaped her as the hallway fell in, somewhere out there her uncle was yelling. The roof was collapsing above them. She dashed to his bed, pulling at Mori' s clothing. "Doorframe, now," was all she could yell above the commotion, terrified.

~Haruhi~

Haruhi quickly wiped away the thought of Tamaki in a high-powered position. With his strained family situation, she half-expected him to try and distance himself from the family's plans and strike out on his own.

The idea of a Host Club chain seemed both amazing and horrifying (in a good way, obviously) to Haruhi.

"I'm working in one of the call centres in the city. It's not a great job, but it pays the bills. Plus, there's not many jobs available when I'm like this..."

~Mori~

Mori had woken up at around the same time, his mind racing. He knew from common knowledge that the commotion was indeed an earthquake, but he had never been in one.

His attention turned to making sure that Asuka was okay, leading him to try and make his way to her bedroom. Everything was shaking, glass was breaking. He could hear her voice in the distance, her figure coming toward him just before the hallway began to cave in.

He rushed to her, hearing her advice about the doorframe loud and clear above the noise. Grabbing her hand tightly, he pulled her to the doorframe of his bedroom door, telling her to crouch down, before shielding her with his body.

"Stay down!"

@Chicogal

((|D))

Tamaki had started to think hard after he spoke those thoughts aloud. A chain of Host Clubs across Japan, bringing happiness to thousands of women... It was certainly an attractive business idea. At Haruhi's words, he looked to her and frowned.

"Don't talk like there's something terribly wrong with you, Haruhi! There's always a way around things," he insisted, ever the optimist. As he looked at her, he was thinking even more. Haruhi could still be a host, even if she was blind - it wouldn't matter to the ladies. She could wear a wig and dress as a guy again... But pipedreams were true to their name. He had to be an adult now.

Tamaki lead them around a corner, then into a fancy building. Classical music played as he headed into the elevator with her. "This place is called the jDiamond Mews," he explained. "I'm in the penthouse, number 7B."

~Asuka~

Asuka followed his advice, just glad to have found him. She knew it was pointless to try to get to her uncle; the hallway was destroyed. Her heart throbbed for him. Mori's body hovered over hers as the ground shook beneath them, and frightened sobs escaped her throat. Would they die?

Thankfully, they did not. The house was collapsed all around them, and the room was dark as the earth fell silent. Things were still falling and crashing and creaking. There was a soft hiss of broken water pipes, and sparks from the wires in the crumpled walls. Asuka had at some point buried her face into Mori's chest, hands twisting into his shirt. The entire tremor had lasted about five minutes. They were common in Japan in comparison to the rest of the world, but not common enough that they were a normal occurrence. Not at all.

The door frame had protected the two of them gallantly, but there were still pieces of heavy plastee strewn around them. Asuka hoped that none had hit Mori while he'd been shielding her - she'd feel absolutely terrible.

"A-Are you okay?" she whispered, eyes still screwed up against his shirt as an after-tremor shook them for just a few moments again.

~Haruhi~

She smiled slightly at Tamaki's ever-existing optimism, knowing that he was just trying to make her feel better.

"A penthouse... I shouldn't be surprised..." Somehow she thought that if Tamaki had strayed from the family, he would have been cut off, but that wasn't the case.

~Mori~

Mori waited until the after-tremor had passed before lowering his gaze to look at Asuka. She was clinging onto him for dear life, with good reason.

Nodding a little, he spoke with a shaky smile, trying his best to comfort her.

"I'm fine, don't worry. Are you okay?"

He wasn't going to tell her about the multiple cuts and bruises he had suffered from falling debris. That would just frighten her even more...

@Chicogal

Tamaki smiled as well to himself. It was true, he liked his creature comforts. A simple apartment would never do for him.

"It's part of the perks of my job," he replied. Which was how he could actually afford it. Little did he know that his father's side of the family was actually funding the penthouse. The elevator pinged as they came to the top floor, and the doors opened.

Tamaki started walking again, hand still comfortably wrapped around hers. He came the door and opened it - he felt no need for locks here. What appeared before them was luxury and soft, rich colours. He could appreciate them, but Haruhi... she never would. He finally let go of her hand to switch on the main light.

"Well, here we are."

~Asuka~

Mori's voice was just as quiet and steady as his hands had been at the beach. Asuka didn't quite open her eyes yet, just quietly trembling against him. When she did peer up, there was such destruction around them. She let out a soft cry, then looked up at him.

"Of c-course, you were... o-over me." Although she was very scared, breath coming in short hyperventilated gasps.The various heavy, sharp debris caught her eye, and she sat up more concernedly. She grabbed at his arm, twisting her head to the side to look at it. There was a cut here, a purple mark there... "You're hurt!" she exclaimed; and this was just one arm.

@animeloulou

~Haruhi~

Haruhi nodded a little in thanks before walking forward, her arms outstretched as she felt around until she found a couch, sitting herself down with a small smile.

"Thanks for having me. I mean it..."

~Mori~

It was true that Mori was hurt, however, he wasn't going to show his true emotions right now. That would panic Asuka even further, which would be a very bad idea given the current situation. He ignored the various stinging wounds and placed a comforting hand on Asuka's head.

"It's nothing to worry about... Let's just focus on trying to find your uncle and get out of here."

@Chicogal

Tamaki watched her feel around, the urge to help her strong in his chest. But he knew her - Haruhi liked to find her own way. And she did, as always. He walked over to stand next to her.

"Would you like some tea? Something to eat? Unfortunately I have no fancy tuna; I dropped it chasing after you..."

~~~

Asuka looked into Mori's eyes; they wrre calm and convincing despite his wounds. He was keeping an extremely level head under the circumstances.

"Okay," she whispered, nodding her head against his chest. "Let's find him. But don't get any more hurt... kay?" She felt terrible. Those wounds would have been hers, had she not been protected by him. Possibly even worse due to being weaker - her arm or leg could have been crushed or broken. Asuka was only thankful that he didn't seem to be seriously injured.

~Haruhi~

Haruhi let out a small chuckle at the thought of Tamaki eating fancy tuna to remind him of her. She shivered just a little, the cool breeze they had both encountered when they were outside chilling her a little.

"I wouldn't mind a cup of tea, if that's okay..."

~Mori~

Mori nodded quickly before standing up slowly, his body aching as he moved. He took Asuka's hand as he lifted her up to a standing position, surveying the scene.

"It's going to be harder than I thought."

Plaster and debris covered the path to the rest of the house, blocking the way for the two of them to move.

@Chicogal

Tamaki noticed her shiver; it had been part of his job as a host to read what girls wanted. Seizing a cozy throw on the arm of the other couch, he elegantly sweeped it over Haruhi to keep her warm.

"Of course," he replied smoothy. He moved through to the designer kitchen and put on the kettle. While he waited, he brought out two fine china teacups and saucers, as well as the teapot. Tamaki came to the lounge a minute later with a tray laden with the tea, as well as a few biscuits. He poured it for her and then offered it across to Haruhi. His violet blue eyes darted to her face uncertainly; he could hardly believe she was blind.

"Biscuit?"

~Asuka~

Asuka thanked Mori quietly, staying quite close to him even as she stood. She was almost scared that a wrong movement could trigger off more things falling. It was true; the pathway looked pretty clogged. But perhaps she could get into places that he couldn't, with those wide shoulders and long legs.

Cupping her hands to her mouth, she shouted for her uncle. A couple of moments later, there was an answering call. It sounded pained but... alive. She looked over her shoulder at Mori with bright eyes, before cupping her hands again. "We'll get you! We'll be okay!"

Asuka turned back to Mori, a little bit of hope on her face. She nodded toward the various debris; there was a particularly large piece of concrete wall that was majorly blocking their way out of the house. "If you could lift that, even just a little... I might be able to get through and outside. Then, I can search for a way in where Yuki is." She looked at him worriedly; it would be pretty heavy if he was healthy, would he even be able to now?

@animeloulou

Users who are viewing this thread

Back