News Official RpN iOS & Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
DISCLAIMER: Our apps use currently the tapatalk framework, so we may be limited in what we can do.

Hey All,

I just wanted to take this time to finally and officially announce the RpNation apps for both iOS and Android. While some have found the app early due to the nature of the nature of how difficult it was to give to our testers privately on Android devices, and then noticed it was on the google play store, the apps are now officially released for both iOS and Android.

The Purpose:

This app's goal is to provide the fastest and most compatible experience possible for almost every iOS/Android device possible. While we have a mobile/responsive site via your phone's browser which is gorgeous and works fine, it tends to be a mixed result due to the thousands of different devices that exist. (We never will stop offering the mobile version of the site via browser, it simply exists by nature of the site existing).

We hope that as an alternative, users who had a difficult time in the past viewing the site, can now do so while having the comfort of having RpNation on your device's app screen as an Icon using our signature Crest.

So with that in mind, not ALL site features will work with the App, it is assumed that you have already made an account on RpN and settled in before using the app to catch up with your RPs on the go.

Features:

Push Notifications

Fast thread Viewer

Doesn't load site images apart from forum icons.

Swiping heavily integrated to easily move between thread pages.

Much more

Web View (Clicking on a post will bring up things like likes, sharing, and other things but among those, one of the most important is read view, it will let you see the post from inside the app as if you were viewing it from the mobile site, which lets you see things like bbcodes, RP tabs, etc. Things that are not naturally in the app)

You can find the app by going to your Phone's respective app store and searching for "RpNation" or clicking here for iOS or Android.

Sometimes Push Notifications don't work with private conversations, already being looked into

If you have any questions or concerns or a bug to report please post below. Text/Video tutorials on how to properly use the app and all the features will be coming soon.

-The Dark Wizard

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesssss, I've been waiting for RpN to make the step of having its own app outside of using tapatalk. Can't wait to try it out!

The app is great! Don't know how hard it would be, but somehow integrating the SB into the app would be fantastic :D though I'm not sure how difficult it would be to add a real time chat section to a forum app.

I don't know if this has been noticed, but at least on my phone, Google Nexus 4 android, bbcode is not working on the app meaning some posts are near impossible to read. Just something I thought should be mentioned.

snakeyem12 said:
I don't know if this has been noticed, but at least on my phone, Google Nexus 4 android, bbcode is not working on the app meaning some posts are near impossible to read. Just something I thought should be mentioned.
Please read the whole post at the beginning. It examine what to do if you want to see bbcode.

BUG! When someone is quoted, it displays MY avatar and username, even if it is someone else's quotes

Hunnyhelp said:
Um, tabs are not on it.
'Nough said
Read the first post carefully again.

Giyari said:
BUG! When someone is quoted, it displays MY avatar and username, even if it is someone else's quotes
I'll look into it.

iOS or Android?

So, quick question. How does one insert a YouTube video in-app... Like, I clicked the plus sign and used the "URL BBCode" option, and it shows up when I'm in web view, but it won't show up in-app... But I can still see YouTube videos that others have posted in comments before me

I know nothing about the app, but on a computer, to insert a YouTube video you click the Media button, not the URL button. Is there a Media button or menu option in the app? I'd expect a URL code to just show the link, not the video itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back