New Version of Anathema

it is a character generator and campaign organizer.  You want to download .6 if you want the newest version and the user file not the developer if you just want to use the program.

Definitely want .6 if you want to get he Abyssal stuff.

Just a tease for the .7 version which should be out in a week or two hopefully.

Eclipse/Moonshadow can pick Charms of other Exalted.

Dragon-Blooded are in.

Might be other items, that is all that I saw in the forum their.

If you have any suggestions for things for the .8 release post them at http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=122320 no registration is needed.

uteck said:

Dragon-Blooded are in.

If you have any suggestions for things for the .8 release post them at http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=122320 no registration is needed.
That's a fantastic avatar, could I ask where you acquired it and whether there are more like it?

roninkitty said:
uteck said:

Dragon-Blooded are in.

That's a fantastic avatar, could I ask where you acquired it and whether there are more like it?
The wonders of http://orz.4chan.org/gif/imgboard.html  but many of the images are not suitable for easly offended folks.  :shock:

.7 released

Uteck, be my prophet.

A week has passed, and here it is: Anathema .7, nicknamed "Gem".

The feature list... well.. yeah. The main items were already teasered and are as true as they are written in here. Dragon-Blooded, however, are limited to Dynasts for now. No outcaste, no Immaculates, as there were some special rules to much for a rather low intensity release like this one.

Another nifty might be the largely enhanced Charm List and a extended Spell repository. Ah, and don't forget my gift to myself, the Charm from Udon's #0 of the comic.

Alternative prerequisite Charms are completely supported.

Have fun with the new version and by the way: Cool avatar, uteck! Is the site ok to check out with my girlfriend in the room?

Regards

-Urs

:!: Patch 1 for the latest release is online as of yesterday.

Please download if you experience any problems with Abyssal Exalted or are bugged by the partially incorrect displaying of Breeding-related essence pool values.

Regards

-Urs

Anathema .8 released

Within the next few hours, Anathema .8 will be released, bringing (among others) a music database, Sidereal Exalted, Power Combat and diverse new DB-Templates.

I'll be glad to hear your thoughts.

-Urs

Everything worth doing is worth redoing

Bad luck all around these days. Debiliating bugs made the release unusable - we removed it and are preparing for a second attempt as I write this.

I apologize to all of you who had trouble or have to redownload. Sometimes things just don't work.

Sorry

-Urs

Lore 5 is being shaken down for bugs and so far things are looking good.  What's on my plate as of now is mostly style changes.

We'll be planning new additions pretty quickly, including import/export to Anathema and EdExalted.  If any Anathema users/devs have character data files that they feel like sending to me for testing purposes, PM me here or find me on AIM/Yahoo as opensorcerer.

just an update, 8.1 is out and the bugs are dead.  urskr has learned the superior bug squishing technique and spent the motes to cast it.

Anathema .9 premieres

Hi all,

I'm currently finalizing the release files for Anathema 0.9.

Expect a release later today.

This time, we'll feature:

Support for Immaculate and Illuminated Dragon-Blooded

Essence 7

Random Naming

and lots of other stuff.

Feedback, as always, is welcome.

Bye

-Urs

With second edition on your doorstep, timing couldn't be worse - maybe you're interested anway: Anathema Preview Release 10 is out, featuring Lunars and many improvements "under the hood".

Have a look - download at anathema.sf.net

That, and have fun with your shiny new books on monday

-Urs

And to answer the obvious question;

Second edition will be supported once Urs get ahold of the book.

Note: This error appears resolved, see below

I love you, Anathema. Please keep releasing, it's a great CG.

I just tried it on SuSe Linux 9.3, and I'm encountering problems with the bonus points.

When playing with a lunar and then later a Lookshy Native, I found that playing with the virtues just crazies up the bonus point totals.

In one case, they kept adding up when I added or removed a virtue dot, and the second time I came to a situation where the price jumped my bonus points by 4/5 for a dot, but then added one to the bonus point total when I took it away, and removed the point when I added the dot again... and I hadn't exceeded the 5-dot allowance for virtues.

0.9 was quite stable for me on this system, so either I need a new version of Java (Unlikely but possible..), or it's something about the new code.

Thanks for the continued work on Anathema though, it's the best on the net for Exalted. If it were shareware I'd buy it. And I can't wait to see second ed on it.

Virtues now? Haven't heard of it before, but I will investigate and come back to you.

I assume the problem was the same with both characters?

Thanks for the great praise. Makes me happy.

No, they were different problems. Sorry, I misread. I doubt that they depend on the character types involved, though, the virtues system is generic.

I've had a look, but I am not sure I can replicate your issue with Lunars. Can you check again and make sure that the points spent where not due to different "free willpower points". Remember, the sum of the two highest virtues is the starting willpower, and all such.

The second case sounds more serious, but I cannot replicate it without guidance. Could you try to get to that state again, making notes of the exact values of virtues, WP and Bonus Points so I can test and fix the problem?

It is indeed possible that it was willpower in action. The first one was odd, but it may have been my oversight.

The second one definately did happen, and repeatedly in that instance: Add dot and take dot away, add again and remove again; the results were the same, a reverse expenditure of freebies.

However, I have fired 10.0 up again and tried more or less the same thing, and it's running smoothly.. it may have been first-boot-blues, as both errors occured on my first run of the program on this machine.

It is now working OK, but if I find that the problem occurs again, I'll be sure to take notes and let you know.

So.. good! A new version to play with. Thanks!

I'll post little retractions on the error post now.

That's good news, thank you.

In other news, it just occured to me that I hadn't mentioned here what I wrote everywhere else: I'm trying to keep a log of the progress of whatever we're working on at urskr.livejournal.com. Just in case you've got nothing else to do :) .

Bye

-Urs

As you might have noticed, printing was broken.

There's a patch now. Just unzip over your existing 0.10 directory and everything should be fine.

Back to Ex2

-Urs

Dev 1: "Second Edition didn't change too much, did it?"

Dev 2: "Nah, should be done in no time."

*sound of hammers clanging as the screen fades to black*

Caption: "Two and a half month later... "

Two pround developers emerge from their caves, blinking at the bright summer sun.

Anathema 0.11 is released.

Second Edition is in. New Sheet to boot. Series print. As do notes. Speedups all over the place. Much work done on internationalizability. More to come.

Discuss.

-Urs

Yea! I can finally print my new character.

Uh-oh.  Numbers for the Heroic Mortals are figured wrong.  My Join Battel and Dodge DV and other numbers are too high.  Mortals have their numbers rounded down, not up.

Other then that, the new sheet for 2nd ed mortals is very nice.  I'll have to make a new Solar to see how it looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back