• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

New to text RP, hope I've got this right

Jennai

Hey, fellow lovers of roleplay. I hope I'm doing this right.

What I Bring To The Table:

I've been playing tabletop roleplaying games for about 8 years, both as a player and a GM. Roleplay has always been my favourite aspect of gaming - the dice and mechanics are less interesting. I love making flawed characters with some sort of notable strength, and usually like to start them young, so they have lots of room to grow. The growth of characters is my favourite part of roleplay, much more than the plot.

My Weaknesses:

I've never done text-based roleplay before, with exception to simultaneous editing of a Google Doc. My experience is exclusively with real-time roleplay, primarily in person, or with voice chat. Due to schedule constraints, I suspect that I'll need to learn text-based roleplay, if I want to scratch this itch :P

What I'm Looking For:

I'm hoping to get into a 1-on-1, or small group roleplay, that's close to what I'm experienced in. The less I have to learn, the faster I should get the hang of this new medium. I would ideally like to RP with someone at least reasonably experienced, that I can learn from. Additionally, I've only ever RP'd in fantasy settings, and have a soft spot for spellcasting. Ideally, my partner will take a major hold of the world/setting aspects, since I have no idea how that's supposed to work without someone being the GM.

Additionally, as this is my first post, I will be unable to send private messages for at least a short period of time.

Thank you to anyone who responds, and I look forward to seeing where this takes us!

Welcome aboard, I admit I know I'm not the best Roleplayer but I do have lots of experience, so only if you want I can help you along

Have to admit, I'm not 100% sure what you're asking / offering. Are you looking to RP with me, maybe, or just offering to help me get the hang of things?

I've got 2 RPs kind of in progress, but it's a bit slow for my liking. I might start hunting up another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back