New Pokemon Games

Sadly I am not excited for this.

Despite all graphical upgrades and the promise of new Pokemon, it's the same plot and linear style world we've had all along. As a veteran gamer who grew up in the golden age of video games (late 90's and easy 2000's), this doesn't excite me. The original excited me, as did Gen II and (to a lesser extent) Gen III. But when I realized that every generation, despite adding new Pokemon, was the same game with a different paint job, I stopped getting excited.

I'm waiting for Nintendo to finally break tradition and release Pokemon for the console. Fully realized 3D open world (NON LINEAR!!!). Pokemon with advanced AI. Character hunger bar, stamina bar, and bag with realistic limits on what you can carry. Pokemon HP bar, stamina bar, "Energy" bar for attacks instead of PP (which is a dead mechanic anyway as well as the limit of 4 moves). Pokemon can learn and use any moves that is realistic for their basic anatomy (such as tackle, bite, scratch, sand attack, growl, and headbutt for a Bulbasaur).

And finally, a world where the Pokemon are part of the environment instead of just being in the grassy areas. You know Pixelmon? Do that, but with the regular Pokemon game brought to console! If Nintendo had the guts to make that transition, I guarantee it would become the ultimate Pokemon experience and EVERY Pokemon fan around the world would get excited for it and buy it day one. Guaranteed.

No more generations and useless additions to the already overgrown list of Pokemon (which is killing the franchise under the weight of its own lore). No more linear gameplay. No more "you have to do this to access this area" crap. No more Pokemon on the Pokedex, there's plenty as it is. And no more of the same old plot.

Give us something new Nintendo!!

New Information Guys!!!!

This was supposed to be released on Friday the 1st. But someone else leaked it, so Pokemon Co. did some damage control and released this video early!

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back