• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy New Oasis: Four Heavenly Kings — The B-Sides

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Sang-Cheol Man
SCENE:
I Prefer Water
TIME:
Post Arc-3 | Chapter 1
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Teddie, Bash
I Prefer Water

"I will take note of that... Queen." That time, Sang-Cheol was doing it with the explicit purpose of pissing off Bash. As far as he remembered, he and the now Serpent Queen never got along. Sang-Cheol always thought that Bash was the most dimwitted Serpent that he had met thus far. If anything, Bash was more brute than the brain. Even Aristotle's terrible composition made more sense than whatever Bash said half the time. The only reason Sang-Cheol had listened to Bash during his tenure as Ace was mainly because of Snake. If Bash wanted his respect now, Sang-Cheol wasn't going to get it easily.

Sang-Cheol would agree with Tar Man. Whatever mistakes that the idiot bunch left behind, they would make up for it by finding Snake. Though the scientist still wanted to turn Teddie into tar and then use him to plug up holes in a boat.

Following Teddie and Bash's lead, Sang-Cheol landed down to the lower floor. It seemed the lower floor had been impacted harsher than the ground floor. "As far as I know, this is uncharted territory." As frustrating as it was, they would have to navigate through the dimly lit halls. The lights flickered, but they didn't provide much consistent lighting. Sang-Cheol held his hand up, and fire lit up his fingertips. "What is known is that Snake's group headed down this hall." Without much of an explanation, Sang-Cheol walked down the hall with Bash and Teddie taking the lead.

Most of the time, all they found were rubble and a few small bloodstains. Either there wasn't much fighting down here, or they didn't have enough time to clean everything up. "If you see anything of note, please do tell me to stop." With Sang-Cheol being the only reliable source of light, they needed to take their time examining every crook and cranny of this hall. Otherwise, they would have to backtrack and try to find a trace of Snake. Sang-Cheol wasn't going to give up until they found one.

As they walked by, something glimmered in the darkness. The light of the fire is reflected against its mirror-like surface. Though to Sang-Cheol, who always wears sunglasses, didn't notice the peculiarity in the darkness.

Jackson Reese Alessi
SCENE:
DATE:
??? || Pre-Arc 1
PARTICIPANTS:
Jackson, Devin ( Misuteeku Misuteeku )
What

He laughed as he watched Devin struggle through words. He picked up the hint of lavender filling the air and recognized the action for what it was meant to be, comfort. He certainly wasn’t looking for comfort from the other when he shared his story but he couldn’t deny it was a welcome surprise.

“You really are cute you know?”

He didn’t want to give any time for misunderstanding his response as a no so he went right for the hug. He pressed a kiss to Devin’s cheek before moving to rest his head on the other’s shoulder. Like usual if this affection would only last one night he’d take the time to revel in it.

Devin Cena
SCENE:
What
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1 | 2020
PARTICIPANTS:
Devin, Jackson
What

Devin was still not to use it. These small displays of a strange affection that Devin only saw on television. Though it seemed that he misread Song's mood, the prostitute still took up his offer regardless. A body only an inch taller than his own height soon slotted himself into his arms. A kiss graced his cheek, and this time, Devin didn't shy away. Wrapping his own arms around Song, Devin was content to enjoy this moment in silence.

Though something struck him in the corner of his head.

'But... I don't want to be cute.'
Two hours and thirty-six minutes. That was how long Devin stayed in the hospital room. Every time he went to that bleak, white room, he always took a seat next to his sleeping sister. His parents often told him to spend time with Elena and to understand her situation. Ever since she was young, Elena had always been secluded in this room that seemingly protected her from the outside world.

Devin loathed her.

No matter what he wanted to do, no matter what he wanted to try to do, he'd always be stuck sitting by her side and waiting for her to wake up. If he wasn't by her side when she woke up, Elena would end up crying. His parents often yelled at him for being inconsiderate and urged him to spend more time with her. As much as he wanted to yell and cry back, he couldn't.

His parents worked day and night to support the bill the hospital sent out to them. With what limited time they had left on their day, they spent it on him or Elena. Elena, herself, wasn't to blame. If her potential hadn't decided to be malevolent, then she would be able to walk out of this hospital freely. He supposed that, in comparison to her, he was lucky to have a bond with George.

Though would it end if he wrapped his hands around that tiny neck?

How easy would it be to steal the life of his sister while she slept so peacefully? If she disappeared, would his parents finally be free from their years-long burden? Would they smile just like when he was younger? Would he be able to reclaim his life? Have a life outside of these barren white walls and have friends for once?

Vines started to creep out of his back as Devin moved-

"Devin?"

Devin stilled at the sight of his sister. She had just woken up.

Rubbing her eyes as if she was some sort of cat, she smiled brightly at him. "You're here again! Sorry, I felt sleepy all of a sudden. Were you waiting long?" Elena said in her usual cheery voice. A voice that made calmed and made him envious at the same time. A curve formed on Devin's lips as he tried to smile.

"No, I just got here." He simply replied.

A look of relief washed over Elena. "I see. That's good. I was worried that you were waiting on me to wake up." A soft giggle escaped her mouth. It was both elated and made Devin furious at the same time. Careful not to move any of the IV lines, she hugged her legs. "Did anything good happen to school?"

It was the same stuff Elena always asked for. Things that she could possibly experience in this tiny room of hers. School, cafes, restaurants, homework, and under miscellaneous activities slipped through her hands like sand. "Nothing much. It was the same old, same old. Math, science, literature, and all." Devin casually said to his twin sister. Though behind it all, he was trying to contain his anger.

"I see." That was all Elena said. Silence filled the room. Nervously, Devin looked up to check on his sister. Was she about to cry? When things went silent for too long, Elena would end up becoming upset. Then his parents would get onto him for not being able to comfort her. He'd suffer quietly and try to keep it all in. Biting his lip, Devin tried to change the mood-

"Devin, can I have a hug?"

Devin stilled. The vines on his back retracted back into his spine. "Of course, but may I ask why?"

"To be honest, while I was sleeping, I had a nightmare," Elena admitted to him. Of course, it had to be something nonsensical. Being afraid of nightmares when they were both about to become adults. It was so childish that Devin almost laughed out of anger. He moved in and opened his arms. Elena, like many times before, wrapped her arms around him and rested her head against his shoulder.

Despite everything he felt before, Elena's hugs ended up always calming him down. It usually was accompanied by a strong silence afterward before Elena went back to sleep. Though before he could enjoy it, Elena broke off the hug to look him directly in the eye.

"Are you feeling better?"

His blood froze. "What do you mean?"

"As of late, you've always had a strange look on your face. It'd be strange if I did see it." Her hands cupped his cheek. Her smooth hands contrasted against his rough face. "You're my twin, after all. It'd be funny if I didn't notice." A soft laugh escaped from her, but to him, it sounded a little deprecating. Elena's fingers soon fell onto his shoulders. "When I saw you like that, I thought you might have needed a hug."

Then what she said earlier was a lie?

Before he could respond, his sister spoke up again. "I know things have been difficult for Mom and Dad. And I know it weighs on you too, Devin. That being said..." Pulling him closer, Elena embraced him. "If you're going to hug me, please do it out of your love for me. If not for me, do it for yourself. I'm your sister, after all. I don't want to see you unhappy."

"Elena..."

Devin stood there frozen. Then he wrapped his arms around her. It felt nice. Comforting even. His mind was at peace. A bitter smile rose on Devin's face as they continued to hug one another. It was funny. Despite thinking of his own sister more as a parasite than the plant that stole his nutrients from his back, he still wanted the comfort she provided as family. Truly he was an ugly being.

What a terrible twin brother he was.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Last edited:
MARKUS WEISS
SCENE:
Clad in Golden Dreams
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, Timeskip 1 | June 16th, 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Ezra, Viss, Mark, Jess, Hiachi, Tak, Elias, Jesper
CLAD IN GOLDEN DREAMS
The evening carried on. The initial shock of his entrance dissipated, slowly fading into the background as the festivities continued. That was just as well. Markus hadn't come here to see their unease lingering beneath the veneer of joviality, despite how much he enjoyed it.

And he sure as fucking shit didn't come here because some upjumped teenie-bop popstar told him to.

Nah.

His true reason for coming tonight was sat only a few tables away.

From his vantage point, Markus observed the CEO of Nex Corp, Thomas Wainwright, a man of middling intellect and ambition. Through his contacts topside, Markus had heard that the acquisition of Nex Corp by Lionheart Industries—a deal that he himself had secretly orchestrated—had ground almost to a halt, much to the frustration of Lionheart's CEO, Victoria Sinclair. Weeks had turned into months, and the legal teams on both sides had gone back and forth countless times, drafting and re-drafting.

Until Nex Corp went radio silent.

Vic was worried that they were getting cold on the deal. She'd given Markus a call. And so he came.

Nex Corp.

From the briefing documents he'd received, Markus knew they specialized in cybersecurity software, and had recently made some big leaps in A.I.

They were booming right now. Growth in the double digits. Huge margins. Champagne and fireworks.

It was this success that caught the attention of Lionheart Industries, a large corporation whose majority control (through a complicated network of shell companies, holdings, and nominee directors registered in offshore jurisdictions, creating a web of interrelated entities and intricate, obfuscating corporate structures) rested squarely in the palm of Markus' hand. Lionheart, a global manufacturing and engineering powerhouse across multiple sectors including aerospace, automotive, consumer goods, industrial equipment, and building materials, sought to expand its own technology portfolio and maintain its competitive edge, whilst breaking ground in new markets.

However, the fly in the ointment was the fact that the Albino Tigers had, through back channels, already been utilizing Nex Corp's cybersecurity software to safeguard their illicit operations, including money laundering and illegal arms trade.

Lionheart's legal team had already spent weeks drafting airtight acquisition documents to protect themselves from any potential liabilities arising from Nex Corp's inadvertent association with the Tigers, in an effort to shield Lionheart's CEO, Board, and their stakeholders from any potential fallout.

Nevertheless, it was speculated that word had gotten around, and that Nex Corp's key stakeholders were getting spooked.

That was why Markus was here, tonight: to grab that dweeb by the collar and drag his sorry ass over the line. It was time that Thomas Wainwright met his new boss, face-to-face.

Markus's attention was drawn to the faint buzzing in his pocket. Pulling out his phone, he found a string of messages waiting for him, scathing and relentless in their critique. His jaw tightened as he read her words. He could practically hear her voice in his head, buzzing like a fly in his fucking ear.

He replied.

Recipient
them
Are you dumb?
them
Who the hell are they??? This isn't the wild west. You don't need a posse.
them
I know you don't give shit, but tonight is for pretending like you do.
them
There's other Tigers here. Try to get to know at least one of them, okay? A King needs to know his subjects.
them
Takakazu. Hiachi. Elias. They're all around. Please, do us both a favour and make nice with at least one of them before the night is over
me
👍

In the same moment, he placed a call.

"It's me. What was that fuckin' kid's name? Yeah. He's the one. Let's push 'im. Hard."

Markus was silent as the voice on the other end of the receiver came through.

"Talk shows, radio, mags. Whatever... Uh-huh... Yeah."

The line went dead and he threw his cell on the table.

The conversation at his table had gone dead quiet. Quiet enough that when he spoke to them, cold as winter, they heard him well. "Fuck off. Enjoy yourselves." A command. A dismissal that brooked no argument. They dispersed, leaving Markus at an empty table.

It was time to hunt.

Sang-Cheol Man
SCENE:
Guide to First Meetings
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1 |
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Caio
Guide to First Meetings

"You're an idiot, you know that, Sang-Cheol?"

"Ai, ai, ai! Don't do it so hard, Rebecca!" Sang-Cheol yelped. Currently him and his partner, Rebecca, was currently at the clinic. Said partner was currently treating his injuries from their latest mission, but his partner was being a little relentless on the treating part. If his other arm wasn't in a cast, he would be flailing it off to the side. "I said I was sorry! I won't do it again!" Cried the lab worker.

After tightening the bandage, much to Sang-Cheol's displeasure, Rebecca finished up wrapping it up. The female potential pinched nose. "I find that hard to believe." Rebecca said. "Between lighting a building on fire by accident with us in it, failing to take a gun off safety, and now taking a hit when I could have turned into a liquid and avoided it. All accounts leads me to the conclusion that your words are untrustworthy and you're an idiot." Like a serpent, Rebecca surely had a forked tongue for words.

Sang-Cheol winced before looking away to pretend Rebecca didn't say any of those words. He could hear his partner sigh before dropping down to a seat right next to him. "I hear that you're going to be guiding a newbie into the lab." As if a flip of a switch, Sang-Cheol turned back around with a shining expression.

"Yeah! The Professor assigned me! Apparently, this newbie is a important recruit? I don't know the exact details, but I'm happy to be of help." Despite his words, Rebecca's expression didn't seem to convinced. In fact, her expression seemed dejected if anything. Sang-Cheol wasn't going to push on it however, as Rebecca was the type to prefer her privacy and deal with her own problems.

"I think his alias was Snake? Seems redundant to me since we're in the Sable Serpents, but I've heard worse aliases." Regardless, he'd fulfill his Professor's task to the best of his ability. Compared to the other jobs, this one would be easy as pie.

Last edited:
Elias Yumin
SCENE:
In The Tigers' Web
TIME:
June 3rd, 2022 | Post Arc 3, TimeSkip 1
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Jennifer, Ezra, Elias, Dagger
In The Tigers' Web

The responses to Elias’s suggestion that they exchange information varied.

Dagger refused.

Ezra’s answer was straightforward, and simple, and not as exciting as Elias would’ve hoped, but Elias could tell the young Knight was being honest about what he remembered, so the Yumin heir, aka Elijah Anamnesis, simply nodded and added ‘Grant Statue’ and ‘NP prisoners’ into his notes.

Passeri fired the question back at him, but seemed open to communication as well and briefly summarized what went on after he’d departed the mine; Stuff he already knew/figured out mind you, but it was enough to get the ball rolling back on his table. Sympathetic sounds accompanying Iori’s description of boulders and being outnumbered, Elias would've responded if not for the knock on the door that revealed the idol’s ‘special guest’.

Jennifer Weber.

Comprehension dawned upon the violet eyes of Yumin Entertainment’s heir.

Sipping his cup of cold beer, Elias listened to the conversation between veteran Tigers Passeri Park, aka Iori, and Jennifer Weber, aka the Runner, with interest. Unlike Passeri, who worked for a subsidiary company of Yumin Entertainment, Elias didn’t know much about the heiress to the Weber family despite also being an heir to old wealth (or really just Yumin Entertainment, which his father built from scratch). The Yumins were primarily NPs, after all. Even before the discovery of homo potentialis, even before settling on Amestrian shores, theirs was a family that built their wealth through generations and generations of good, honest trading (kinda); Generations and generations of Yumins adding to their golden coffers.

His father was a rich NP with the capital, his best friend was an HP with the skills, and boom–Yumin Entertainment came to be.

Entertainment, sadly, didn’t have much to do with arms dealing or militaristic affairs. So, while the Yumins and Webers both danced among the wealthy elites, he wouldn’t say they were in the same “circle” anymore than the Grants or the Knights were. They shook hands at parties. Exchanged pleasantries when social etiquette demanded it. That didn’t mean his old man thought Silas any less of a “greedy shark that’d swallow him whole if given the opportunity” or Ignatius a “cunning two-faced snake that isn’t as kind as he pretends to be”. Elias didn’t even know what Nicholas Yumin thought of Jacob Weber, though he couldn’t imagine it’d be anything nice, especially if affiliations to a certain cult were revealed; Nicholas was an NP, after all. And, if he found out his son was an HP who had been hiding many, many things from him, Elias could only imagine the repercussions.

Sighing, Elias poured Jennifer a glass of beer and slid it to her as well. “You look like you need it.”

She really did. From her pale complexion to darkened eyes, Jennifer certainly didn’t carry the typical appearance he’d come to expect of the Weber heiress, or even the Runner who was always quick to stand by the Cold King’s side. Then again, he’d seen parts of the bank robbery–thanks to the memories he’d acquired from a teller–and he couldn’t imagine being told to interrogate one’s own father to be very pleasant.

“Please relax, Miss Weber. I can certainly show you the memories–which I swear on my family’s honor to not have altered or touched in any manner–” he didn’t really have a reason to, “but there’s no need to rush. Jacob Weber isn’t going anywhere,” unless Jennifer decided to try and save him. “so feel free to compose yourself and gather all the information you need before talking to him. I wouldn’t blame you for failing to get him to talk either. Religious people, or people of strong faith, are especially hard to crack. You can tell them the earth isn’t flat all you like and they’ll still insist otherwise with their dying breath,” Hence why he was here. “My father’s a bit of the same–a stubborn old man–so I can understand the difficulty you face.”

There was never a day Nicholas Yumin failed to bring up grandchildren whenever they conversed.

“Personally, I don’t think Mr. Weber was involved with the earthquake,” Regardless of Passeri’s intentions in painting the cultists as the perpetrators of the tragic event, Elias was more interested in getting the facts straight; The tigers had interrupted the ritual. From his memory, Beatrice Grant and the Stewards seemed just as shocked when the mine started shaking and, unless they were suicidal in addition to being fanatics, starting one while they were still beneath the earth, and essentially burying the tomb of their god, wasn’t the brightest idea. What could the Stewards–the so-called protectors of potentiality–possibly gain from the destruction of Central? Of their own city? Nothing. Elias couldn’t think of a single group that gained from the destruction of the city, which is part of the reason the event itself was so baffling. If New Oasis really did sit on no fault lines, the shaking would have to be caused by some esoteric power or potential. In other words–HPs. Possibly a very powerful one. But what could the purpose be? “Or, if he was, it wasn’t on purpose. But it is true that he was part of a group that tried to kill us, sacrifice NPs to some god, and currently has Mouse in custody.” Who may or may not be dead. Wren and Kenji as well. “In other words, Mr. Weber acted in opposition to the Tiger organization, which you also a part of, and made a few enemies along the way.”

Given Elias’s background, he understood the importance of family, so he could understand her priorities. He, who paid his way into a criminal organization for the fun of it, wasn’t here to debate right or wrong either. Beatrice Grant ordered his death. Her daughter defied said orders to assist him. Regardless of what group or faction they belonged to, Elias tended to side with individuals or those that interested him. At the very least, Passeri demonstrated some level of consideration by inviting Miss Webber to speak with the Webber patriarch instead of outright killing him like Weiss did to Tazz’s father (or so a little Birdie memory told him). But of course, since neither had much to do with him, Elias wasn’t affected enough to do something about it. Self defense was understandable. Hatred was also understandable. Elias supposed he was just an understanding sort of guy.

“We’re all friends of the same criminal cloth. I’m sure I’m not alone when I say we do not wish to make an enemy of a fellow Tiger, Miss Weber, and harming your father comes as an absolute last resort…but aren’t you curious about what would cause a man like Jacob Weber to take such a gamble? The Grants as well. Sacrificing NPs to revive a so-called god puts such an ugly splotch on an otherwise spotless record. Supposing they truly consider themselves the protectors of potentiality,” Which would put them firmly on the HP side of the ever-flowing political drama between HPs and NPs that had been about since the dawn of potential discovery. “What I’m curious about is why I’ve never heard hide nor hare regarding a religion that ties a sleeping deity to potentiality; Books. Memories. I’d like to think I’ve compounded a lot of knowledge over the years, so the idea that there is something out there, dancing among the social elites, that completely eluded me is endlessly intriguing. I dislike being left out of things.”

He hadn’t been lying when he told Araminta that he was fascinated by the Sleeper’s story and wanted to learn more. Passeri and Ezra managing to capture one of the Stewards made things convenient, but one way or another, Elias intended to piece together the information he wanted; He still owed the mayor’s granddaughter a debt after all. Finding her number shouldn’t be difficult either, especially with a fellow Steward captive.

“In answer to your question, I’m looking for information on the Sleeper, though anything you can wrangle out of your father will suffice.” Probably. He wouldn’t claim to know what Passeri and the others were looking for. Setting the glass of beer down, Elias flipped the notepad to another page and started to write a list of questions for Jacob Weber. “Steward bases, where they keep prisoners, the names and number of other Stewards…if anyone else has anything to add, please do.” His gaze flickered to all others in the room, though specifically Passeri since he doubted Dagger or Ezra had questions. “We wouldn’t want to send Miss Weber in to face her father unprepared, after all.”

Elias didn’t actually know much about interrogations–beyond what he’d seen in movies–but he knew how to conduct interviews and prepping the questions beforehand usually helped. That and walking in with confidence.

“Ideally, you’d be able to talk him out of cultish activities and back to family business–with Tigers if possible, since that would surely earn the Cold King’s favor–but as I said, truly religious people are notoriously hard to cr–make deals with.” Elias was confident in his ability to close deals–and his potential–but he’d have to agree with Passeri that Jennifer Weber was their best bet in that regard. Well, she would be if she didn’t look so tense. “Wouldn’t you agree that it’d be best for Webers to all be on the same side?”

Given three factions, having families on opposing sides typically complicates things. That said, Elias was still in the process of comprehending the sides, and the underlying flows of events. An Earthquake, the gathering of 4 Kings in Central District, the Stewards and Tigers mucking around underneath the tomb of a supposed god all in the same day. Not to mention the strange sightings in the North District. How did it all connect? If he got an answer to all that, he got the feeling he’d be one step closer to the bigger picture. Though, if anyone asked him why he wanted to know so much, Elias’s answer would be simple curiosity…and perhaps an ominous feeling.

Of all the girls he’d dated in the past, there was one who told him he ought follow his gut when in doubt.

simj26 simj26 @Uasal The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Lucem Lucem @Saturn_moon (or Elenion Aura Elenion Aura )

Last edited:
Hiachi Ito
SCENE:
Tigers B-side: Learning Your Stripes
PARTICIPANTS:
Hiachi, Lorette
Learning Your Stripes
Have you ever shot someone before?

That sentence was enough to send chills down her spine. She was calm—too calm for someone that was asking her if she had ever fired a gun with intention to kill. It was an unknown sensation, but Hiachi had growth accustomed to traversing the black pool that was the tigers.

Lorette brought Hiachi out of the café and into a concrete shooting range. The constant firing noises burned her ears.

There was already a range waiting for her, as well as an object to give her pause. A standard .45 pistol. This had been planned with certainty, and Hiachi couldn’t blame herself or Lorette—she needed defense, and she would have been an idiot to deny her.

Lorette picked up the gun and cartridge. She loaded it, aimed, and fired. It was a swift motion, but as backwards as it was, it calmed Hiachi down. She could see the intricacies—the way the mag clicked into the gun when it was inserted correctly, the way Lorette’s eyes moved from the target to the gun and back to the target again. Perhaps that was what Lorette was counting on—her one sliver of an edge on the rest of humanity. It was a strangely soothing gesture.

She gave Lorette a nod in response. She took the headphones and goggles and placed them on her head. She took the gun, checked the mag. Aimed. Fired.

The shot caught her off guard. The reverberation of the gun’s fire shot back through her arms, through her nerves, and into her heart and back out again. She had mimicked Lorette’s stance, so she didn’t fall—but she felt the rush through her veins.

Her pupils constricted from the flash, but she could still see where she had struck. She wasn’t exactly on target. The bullet had veered a bit lower than the bullseye.

Before letting Lorette comment on her first shot, she brought the pistol back up and aimed again, adjusted diagonally upward to account for her first error. She pressed down on the trigger and fired again.

Just to the left of the very center. Hiachi squinted at the target, still unsatisfied. She aimed again, trying to hit the very center of the target. When she ran out of bullets, she scanned her surroundings to find another mag. When she had another one, She drew back the barrel of the gun and slipped out the old cartridge and reloaded the gun.

Aim. Fire. Aim. Fire.

She needed instruction, but the intensity of her frustration sucked her into the cycle.

Passeri Park
SCENE:
Monday Brunch
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, Timeskip 1 | June 5th
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri Park, Ryutaro Hashimoto
Monday Brunch
"Well." Passeri spoke through a strained smile. "You sure know how to speak your mind, don't you? It's a bit refreshing! I hope you'll forgive me if I do the same."

Genuinely, she hadn't expected him to come off so strongly. For a man who had deeply entrenched himself in shadows as Ryutaro had, such open honesty had been the last thing she was expecting. They weren't light words that the Tiger Queen spoke, laden as heavy with intent as they were. She couldn't even say that she entirely disagreed. It'd been more than once that she'd thought of Markus as something akin to a blustering manchild, especially since her return to the city.

"I can't say that you're entirely off base. For a leader he's never been much for, well, leading, has he? I suppose that's the consequence of fancying yourself the unseen hand. It's in the nature of our little club to look out for yourself. You can speak for that too, can't you? It was the entirety of our leadership that was in absence for the Phoenixes, little foray into the West. Some of you for reasons less inscrutable than others, but none for reasons not your own."

King. Queen. Jack. Ace. As much as Ryutaro might have liked to heap the weight of blame onto Markus's shoulders, the Tigers were not a monolith. Even beyond the King, Queen and their vassals, the hands within which power was held in the Tigers were as numerous as the stripes upon their namesake's back.

And that was very much the problem.

"If you ask me how that fares for our situation, it's honestly quite bleak, isn't it? I dread what the other gangs would think if they ever learned how disorderly our ranks really are." She'd thought of it before, just how easy it would be for the Dragons or Phoenixes to play the Tigers against themselves. "The Dragons are bound by duty, and the Phoenixes by loyalty, but what do you think it is the holds the Tigers together?" Passeri matched Ryutaro's frown with one of her own, though in her case, it was coloured with concern.

"Common interest. And that's hardly a glue that can last forever." It was history that spoke those words. The Tigers had already turned their claws upon themselves once, and it would happen ad infinitum if something didn't change.

"If you're going to speak of meaning and purpose, that's the only one that the Tigers march to. It's a waste, isn't it?" Passeri, finally, took a bite from her carrot stick. "So I have another question! If the King is without purpose... Then what about the Queen?"

joshuadim joshuadim

Hiachi Ito
SCENE:
Clad In Golden Dreams
PARTICIPANTS:
Hiachi, Passeri, Ezra, Viss, Mark, Jess, Tak, Elias, Jesper
Clad In Golden Dreams
Well, wasn’t this embarrassing. Despite Hiachi’s efforts, someone had seen her duck under the table. She didn’t recognize the voice, but the fear of being scolded for her incompetence was ever-present in her mind. She ducked back out from underneath the tablecloth and returned to standing as quickly as possible, praying no one had seen her.

The man who was talking to her looked like any generic CFO in the west. Brand-name suit, well-built physique. He probably wouldn’t think much of her as long as she remained polite.

“Um… Sorry,” Hiachi mumbled, still wishing to not be perceived, “I’m fine. I just had a… moment. Do you need anything?”

All while she talked, she looked back and forth between her brother and the man. She had only done it as an attempt to stay out of his line of sight. As she did though, she had to do a double take. Her brother wasn’t talking to his coworker anymore.

...WHY THE HELL IS TAK TALKING TO MY BROTHER!?

Denzou Ito (NPC)
SCENE:
Clad In Golden Dreams
PARTICIPANTS:
Denzou, Tak
Clad In Golden Dreams
Charity wasn’t Denzou’s forte, and neither was meaningful socialization. Thankfully, neither of these were present at the extravagant event. He had already deduced that the man he was attending with simply wanted someone to come with him to save face. Denzou could sympathize, and there was a good reason for him to attend as well. So he agreed to show up.

He didn’t half-ass his outfit, either. He had impressions to make, plus the degree of pride he took in his appearance coincided with his desire to attract a certain type of person to him.

He remained amiable, but not approachable. That may have been lent to his distaste for physical contact, but even so. Everything had a logical explanation.

The venue certainly looked beautiful. The decorative lights and flowers did well to hide the vermin underneath.

Albino Tigers politics intrigued him in a way that little else could. It was a massive game, with deals and sacrifices that played with people’s livelihoods. A game of fools. It wasn’t a particularly normal thing to be interested in, but Denzou needed a hobby that wasn’t brooding alone in his apartment. Plus, staying updated in the state of New Oasis’ ruling was good practice (because let’s face it: the gangs run the city, not the government).

He had to remind himself that flying too close to the sun would melt his wax wings. A lot of effort had been put into his position—a place where he could earn a decent living in the west while venturing just above the murky water that was gang involvement.

Denzou brought his thoughts back down to earth. He was still attending with someone. Acting disinterested the whole night would make him look like a jerk. “Well. This event is clearly a front. Did you see that man who just walked in? He looked like the Godfather with that entourage.”

“How do you know? What kind of evidence do you have that this purely philanthropic event has ulterior motives?” His tone gave away that he didn’t even agree with his own claim. Still, he was the argumentative type, and Denzou knew this. It’s what made him slightly more bearable than the rest of his coworkers—he was interesting.

Before he could answer with an equally sarcastic comment, someone came running up to his bland conversation. The second he glanced over, he knew.

Him.

He had seen him running around. It was almost comical. Whatever dress code there was for servers, he wasn’t fitting it. He looked like an actual gangster, with his aggressive stance and lack of hygiene.

As much as he loathed standing in the vicinity of someone so… unkempt, there was something else. The glint in his eyes gave away the shift in his mood from bored to amused. This was an idiot. He saw little consequence in trying to pry information out of him—plus, this would be the most entertaining way to rebuttal his coworker.

“Actually,” Denzou started, shifting all of his focus away from his conversation partner. “You can. Would you mind telling us about this event? What kind of charities will this be funding?”

MILO NAGISA
SCENE:
Carry On My Wayward Son
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Christina, Hector, Milo
CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON
"Breakfast does sound great, actually," Milo chimed in, his eyes lighting up at the mention of food. "Count me in," Milo continued, offering a genuine smile. "It'll be nice to relax and unwind together after all this." He gestured with his flashlight at all of the 'this' around them, trying his hardest to pretend like he wasn't enjoying their night at the art museum.

At least, he was enjoying most of it.

Milo felt a shiver run down his spine as Hector towered over him. But, he noticed that the tone in which he addressed him was less confrontational than the one he used with Charlie. That was a small comfort, but a comfort nonetheless.

"U-uh, no?" Milo lied badly. "Just making sure nothing seems out of place. I-it's important we keep our eyes on the prize, right?" He offered a small, somewhat nervous smile as he tried to smooth things over, hoping he'd manage to choose the right words. The fact that Hector didn't seem to appreciate the art around them didn't surprise Milo. It was just another thing they didn't have in common, after all.

MdLJ4uG.jpg

𝑵𝒂𝒐𝒎𝒊 𝑺𝒂𝒕𝒐
𝒜𝓈: 𝒩𝒶𝑜
Scene: Getting Bigger Means You Get Worse At Hiding Small Things
Time: Pre Arc 1 || 2021

I am here:
With:

"When everybody loves you, you can never be lonely"

Naomi didn't know why she had been hoping for more. A sincere apology, the realization that he had been a little bit of a dick when she had been "in distress." But Tak's reaction didn't surprise her in the least--he was pissed, a vein in his forehead standing out prominently. Well, that was good too. He now knew how infuriating it was to ask for help only for the other person to complain about the inconveniences to them. She couldn't help but give a wry smirk over his rant. That bit about the cocaine being powdered sugar was objectively funny. She tried her overall best not to let the cold words get to her--she did provoke him, after all. And in their short time together, Naomi had realized that he sure did like his ranting and raving.

She was about to work on helping him when he snatched his head out of her grip, saying he would do it himself. "I was joking! Of course I'd--" he words were cut off as he changed positions, a groan loud enough to scare away nearby birds bursting forth from him mouth. The vending machine began to move. With a yelp, Naomi fell backwards, before scrambling out of the way of the splat zone. Holy shit. He had managed to stand up, the vending machine torn from the wall and now slouched over his body, still attached at the arm. Besides the prominent veins from the exertion, there was no other obvious sign of struggle on his end. Naomi picked herself up off the ground, watching him with amazement. It was always fun to watch potentials in action.

Naomi watched him in complete awed silence as he trudged his way towards the exit of the alleyway. But as he reached the narrow gap they came in through, he got stuck. Naomi giggled, his troubles reminding her of videos of dogs she had watched where they had a giant stick and couldn't get through a doorway. If they just turned the stick to the side, or better yet dropped it, they would be able to get inside. Much the same was true for Tak--he still needed to be disconnected from the vending machine. Naomi was about to offer her help when her worst fear happened. Tak's feet slipped out from underneath him, and he fell to the floor with the vending machine on top of him. "TAK!" she screamed, running over to his limp form lying on the floor. Oh no, this wasn't good. Blood was seeping from his mouth. Did he...just die?

Naomi crouched to the floor beside him, tears in her eyes. It wasn't the first time she had watched someone die, and she barely knew him, but something about the suddenness and meaninglessness of it all...That was, until Tak revived, screaming about how that hurt. Naomi screamed and jumped backwards, hitting the wall of the alleyway, thoroughly jump-scared by the man that she thought was dead. "Hold on! This might hurt!" she warned him, before placing her hands on the vending machine. Naomi's heart was pounding in her head, a million beats per minute. Maybe her earlier concern about her heart exploding would come true? "I'm going to rock it back and forth. I'm not as strong as you," she warned. She didn't give him a chance to acknowledge her words before she began pulling on the vending machine. Push and pull, push and pull--on the third push, she pushed hard, grunting in a very undignified and un-ladylike manner. But she managed to push the vending machine off of Tak, and it landed with a crunching noise to the side.

Naomi very gently, very ladylike, collapsed to the floor, breathless. Was this how she was going to die? While it was certainly easier for her to push that vending machine off of Tak than a normal person, she didn't have his monumental strength. She shouldn't have exerted herself like that. Maybe she should have left him to die--he probably would have done that to her. She was so dizzy, and she could hear her pulse in her ears. Was his arm still stuck? Did he still need help? Naomi supposed she would have to play it by ear--he was loud enough that she could hopefully figure it out. Maybe.

((ooc: ))
((outfit))
((Mr. Jones))

talk think

thebigfella thebigfella

Last edited:
RYUTARO HASHIMOTO
CS Link
SCENE:
Monday Brunch
PARTICIPANTS:
Ryutaro, Passeri
MONDAY BRUNCH

Already they had entered a rather straightforward conversation - as Park also spoke her mind briefly on her own thoughts on the matter. It was a foray into whatever bridge was being built here, and Ryu kept it in mind as to her potential usefulness as an ally. However, that was not the only thing that kept the conversation going as it spoke towards the other gangs, and then to leadership. She was not wrong that the Phoenixes and the Dragons had much stronger foundations that provided stability. Given the Tigers' current situation, it was imperative that this issue be rectified.

But then came her question about *his* purpose. The Queen tilted his head ever so slightly as the question hung in the air for a few moments. "Hmm... my purpose, you ask?" he repeated it again, though not for clarity but rather for a way to interject his own question into the conversation. "What do Amour de Padit, Niels Looran, and Ruslan Makov have in common?" he then asked; it was a sudden and strange turn for the conversation - going from the Tigers' business to historical figures, none of which Passeri was knowledgeable about in the slightest. She shook her head, somewhat confused as to the meaning of this question, before Ryu continued.

"Purpose. Amour de Padit, a nom de guerre mind you, led a revolt against colonial, slaveholding powers nearly three centuries ago and liberated their entire nation from the shackles of bondage and in turn created one of the longest lasting civil republics that, to this day, continues to battle against retaliatory embargoes to build a new society. Niels Looran, an Oranjese statesman, used his position and wisdom to free his continent from the horrors of war for generations with the alliances he constructed in envisioning an era of peace in his time. And Ruslan Makov led a peasant revolt and continental war that turned an agrarian, feudal and backwards empire to becoming a superpower within forty years that sent people to space under his vision of the world."

Ryu took a sip of water before continuing: "All of them wielded power with purpose. Purpose of which to make the world, or at least their worlds, a better place. To lead was their historic positions granted by the power they wielded, and that is where I see myself as well. Having the power I am given through the systems at play, my capital and my own... abilities... I intend to make the world a better place. No matter the price to myself."

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

HITOSHI YAMAKAWA
CS Link
SCENE:
Get(ting) Help
TIME:
Post Arc-3; 2 1/2 weeks later
PARTICIPANTS:
Hitoshi, Charlie, Ashley, Gideon, Hector, Kaede
GET(TING) HELP

As the waiter left with the orders collected, Hitoshi spoke up for Kaede as Ashley questioned as to how they both knew each other. "Aha, that *is* actually a long story." Hitoshi commented playfully, as his gaze darted between Kaede and the other Phoenixes collectively. "Her mentor and I knew each other quite well. Quite easy to remember Hiroshi, since we almost shared the same name. We worked a lot together, got to know her through him... then she helped me whenever I had hit pretty damn low. Probably had to carry me out of a few places too... but I don't remember." That last part was laced with pain and guilt, as Hitoshi swallowed a gulp of water to try to mask it as best as he could. Being a burden as he had been for so long, the sins of the past welling up made him all the more hesitant to share anything further as he sighed.

"But yeah... she's back now! That's what matters, eh?" Hitoshi then said, his demeanour shifting quickly to a more positive one. And just in time too, as the various foods ordered arrived quickly - perks of being at an eatery rather than an actual restaurant. Foods on their respective plates were handed out, with Hitoshi receiving his pizza as its basil and cheese appeared perfectly on the thin, slightly burnt crust and dough indicating a firewood oven had been at work. Authentic.

But then it hit him: "Oh crap, uh, Gideon. Do you need help with your food?" Hitoshi then asked out of concern, given the young man's current physical state.

Roda the Red Roda the Red WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten Coyote Hart Coyote Hart Sei Shonagon Sei Shonagon Lucem Lucem

Last edited:
"NAOMI BLECHER" (MIMI)
SCENE:
[The Woodsman and The Duckling]
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Mimi
THE WOODSMAN AND THE DUCKLING
Curious enough, the ‘wall’ respected Sang-Cheol’s request, and retreated back—even without the intervention of its creator. Though she definitely didn’t seem particularly pleased by the fact.

There wasn’t much about this situation that did please her.

Her earlier bluff had seemed to drag out a peculiar reaction, but not necessarily one she favored. If the intention was just to rattle then the prospect had shaken a bit too hard. A first time murderer might be frightened at the thought of prison, but an ex-convict was bound to take things a bit more personally. Not to mention, it could mean this wasn’t a first time offense; he may have killed before.

“Professor?” Her disgust was plain. “Do you take me for a druggie? I’m just here to deliver. I don’t nee—”

Her swirling thoughts glazed over her eyes.

“What kind of medicine…?” She shook her head. “Forget that—why in the hell would I follow your back to whatever damp hole you crawled out of? Or, more importantly, why would you want to bring me there in the first place?”

She pointed dead at him.

“You take me for a pushover?” She growled. “You think I don’t know the messed up crap that goes on in these streets? About how people get plucked out of their homes just to sate the crazies?”

She pulled a poorly kept package out from her sweater.

“I work for those crazies.” The object flopped around by a crude bend near its top. “I know I look much too cute to be associated with such a crapheap, but they’ll be plenty pissed if anything happens to me.”

It was hard to focus on her words with the rain washing away the make-up on her face.
NAVIGATE

Last edited:
HIFUMI BAE
SCENE:
[For Rest]
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1 | March 7 2020
PARTICIPANTS:
Hifumi, Nona-me
FOR REST
Burning?

Hifumi was dead.

In no way had he anticipated to be expended in such a way. When he had been invited to help out, he had thought it would have been on the more painless side of things. He was certain there was something improper about pulverizing requested help into dust. Usually you would just have the aid assist with something minor, would you not? No, this was the Gregors… unless… this was the light work?

Was this just an introduction? Would things get worse from here on?

“Dinner?”

Food—or rather the freedom behind it—was enough to drag Hifumi’s spirit back into his body.

“Yes, I remember.” He mumbled, straightening out. “I do not particularly recall that specific set of instructions, but I am confident”—his eyes peered into the sea of green they stood behind—”I am confident that you will remember the way.”

Despite his change of tune, his expression mirrored that ‘confidence.’

“It is not unheard of for the fatigue from physical exertion to influence memory.” He flicked a map out, and unfurled it. “Should that be the case I have brought a convenient chart we can examine. With a document like this, not even these wilds can perplex a pair of readied minds.”
NAVIGATE

Last edited:
MILO NAGISA
SCENE:
Rain on the Mountaintop
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius, Passeri, Jackson, Jesper, Pascal, Milo, Gav
RAIN ON THE MOUNTAINTOP
“I’d hit it,”

Milo's eyes widened in shock. He quickly glanced around to see if anyone else had heard Boltius' off-color remark, feeling a fresh wave of regret wash over him. Why did he ever think this was a good idea?!

For the next three hammering heartbeats, Milo held his breath, bracing for the inevitable fallout. It never came.

When he was (mostly) certain that security had not been called, and that Boltius and himself—by virtue of association—were not about to be escorted off the premises, Milo allowed himself to exhale the breath he'd held captive in his lungs. As he felt Bolt's arm drape itself across his shoulders, he leveled an inscrutable, side-eyed glance at his oldest, most embarrassing friend.

He thought about retroactively elbowing him in the ribs for that "I'd hit it" comment, and for nearly giving him a heart attack. Though, it seemed like any memory of the comment was already long gone from Boltius' memory. That was just as well. Trying to bring it back up now would serve no purpose.

Milo listened quietly as Bolt explained his thought process. He was used to this by now. There were times when he'd have interjected, cutting Boltius off when his ideas were still formulating in his head, which had only ever ended in frustration and/or miscommunication. He'd learned a long time ago it was better to let him get it all out, lay all of his cards on the table, and then try to formulate his response.

Normally, this approach worked in Milo's favor. Unfortunately, just as Milo was about to open his mouth—and as was quickly becoming a habit of his on this "mission"—Bolt threw him another curve ball.

"Wh-what? No, no, that's not it at all!"

Despite his best efforts, Milo's face reddened at the suggestion. He shook his head, trying to regain his composure and refocus on the matter at hand. Milo took a deep, centering breath and closed his eyes before opening them and looking Boltius dead in his. His game face was back on.

"We're not here to fight. No. Fighting." He said, in a voice that held perhaps a bit too much authority, considering Boltius was the Ace and Milo was just... Well, Milo.

"We can talk about it more once we get settled in. For now, just follow my lead." Milo wasn't sure if he'd get any more mileage out of "follow my lead" than "keep a low profile", but he was at least hopeful and willing to try. With that settled, they were finally ready for food.

Milo sauntered down the hall, following in Passeri's wake. As she sashayed on ahead of him, Milo let his mind, and eyes, wander...

Damn it, Bolt!

He had to focus. While the "mission" that Bolt was aware of was more-or-less made up, Milo did have a purpose here. He couldn't afford to be off his game, not even for a moment.

The sweet smell of the dining hall reached him before he reached it.

When at last they arrived, Milo's eyes widened, and he couldn't help but pause for a moment, drinking in the lavish scene before him. The extravagance on display was unlike anything he had ever experienced, and it was difficult not to be captivated by it. As he stood there, he felt a mixture of awe, disbelief, and perhaps even a twinge of intimidation. This was a world apart from his everyday life, and the contrast was striking.

Slowly, he began to regain his composure, as he clocked Passeri Park making herself comfortable on a chaise lounge beyond the main dining table. Milo wouldn't approach her just yet. It'd look tacky, desperate. And besides, he wanted to get his ducks in a row, first. With few alternatives, and a growling belly, Milo turned to the feast before them.

He started toward one of the unclaimed place settings, scooping up the fancy plate with one hand and grabbing hold of a ham skewer with the other before remembering that he hadn't come here alone. Bashfully, he back-tracked to Boltius and asked, a little sheepishly, "Do you, uh... Want me to make your plate?" before gesturing to Bolt's lame arm.

Shishido Takakazu
CS Link
SCENE:
Clad in Golden Dreams
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, Timeskip 1 | June 16th, 2022
PARTCIPANTS:
Clad in Golden Dreams

Tak stood there informal as ever, waiting expectantly for whatever the guy who he had assertively forced interaction with to toss at him; his desperation for a quick buck had him ready to do anything just to make this job have some level of worth besides being able to sneak sips of fancy golden label bottles while no one was looking.

As Denzou’s focus transferred from his coworker to him, he was prepared for anything to come to his mouth.

Well, almost anything. As soon as Denzou asked about the event and charities, Tak’s art style gradually dissolved from defined lines and depictions to an over-simplistic sketch, an empty look in the eyes on his virtually featureless face.

“...Huh?”

With audible confusion, Tak’s eyes blinked repeatedly. What was this guy talking about? He looked around left and right to ensure he wasn’t missing some kind of joke before looking back at Denzou.

“Charity? There’s a charity going on here? Gotta be a pretty bad one because I haven’t gotten a single dime.” Tak’s posture slouched as he lamented at the lack of cash he was getting from this. “Where’s the charity fund for people like me, huh? I’m 2 months late for my rent over here, damnit,” He openly griped about his situation without care.

Done mulling over his misfortune, his eyes rested on Denzou as he crossed his arms, “I don’t know anything about charity. How the hell is something like this supposed to raise money? There’s no one ringing a bell or carrying a big glass jar to collect the money with! Are they gonna donate every bit of sweat they drip while having to stand up out of their big chairs to feed thirsty children?” Tak went on another long-winded rant, forcing the man in front of him and his coworker to deal with his idiocy firsthand.

It was only when the words left his mouth that he remembered that the only reason he was talking in the first place was in hopes of getting a tip! There was an audible crack as deep voids replaced his eyes, a pair of sweat drops going down his face.

“Why am I talking about dumb shit right now!? He just asked a question and wanted an answer! There’s no way I’m gonna get a tip from this! But I don’t know anything about any charity!” He internally squealed, snapping his head away from Denzou so he wouldn’t see his expression.
Suddenly, color returned to his eyes as his pupils expanded, mouth hanging open in the realization of how to remedy the situation. “I just need to find someone who can tell me! Then I can just relay the information! It’s foolproof!” He mentally resolved, a smirk flowing across his features as he revealed his acumen.

Now, all he needed to do was find someone to ask!

But not just anyone could do. He couldn’t just walk up to any of these gaudy rich types and expect a good answer. So if anyone knew best, it would be a fellow Tiger. One who actually paid attention that is.

“Damn! If only Hiachi was here! Dropping a log in my time of need!” Tak lamented under his breath, eyes darting around for someone he could use as his scapegoat. He was quickly writing people off, one by one, eyes moving around without pause. That was until his eyes locked on a familiar sight.

There was Hiachi! She must have gotten out of the bathroom! As soon as he saw her, he didn’t even take notice of the man she was standing next to; he had already turned back towards Denzou, raising a slamming a fist into his open palm.

“Give me 5 seconds! And I’ll tell ya every single thing about this event!” Tak promised. Even if Denzou no longer cared, he had already decided on it. And as such, he had already started swinging his arms and raising his legs in an over-dynamic jog.

He was b-lining it right towards Hiachi; like a cruel twist of fate, a significant gap in the crowd gave him a straight shot as he rushed towards her and Elias, no doubt about to cause a scene that would bring all attention to them like he always does!

miki miki QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Last edited:
Dagger
SCENE:
In The Tiger's Web
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, Timeskip 1 | June 3rd
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Jennifer, Ezra, Elias, Dagger
In The Tiger's Web

Gunnolf bristled at Elias’ question. “Stand down, Gunnolf,” she ordered the wolf. He obeyed, but remained watching Elias with wary eyes. She was not the type to ask questions, this much was true. She was also the type to be reluctant to answer them as well, especially if the one who was asking was not paying her for answers.

"No." She answered the man simply. To tell the truth, even if she were to tell him anything, she barely understood what happened then herself. The previous King was alive. Or undead. Whatever it was. Only Weiss needed to know that. With those thoughts, she fell silent again. Not her stage, not her performance, not her place to talk. Not that anywhere that wasn’t the battlefield was her stage in the first place.

When Weber entered, she repeated the same greeting she had given the current occupants of the room they were in. She was acutely aware of the glare that Weber was giving her way, but she did not bother to return it. Perhaps it was confidence in her own skill, but she was not interested in giving Weber another reason to choose violence. Besides, she thought that Knight and Gunnolf could easily incapacitate her if it came down to it. She had taught both of them, after all, and if either of them could not live up to her standards, then they were bound for another refresher course, and a week of no doggy treats for the latter.

“I don’t care,” Dagger answered as glibly as she was capable of to Park’s suggestion. She was paid to kill or maim. Information was not what she was here for, and neither was she going to give any herself.

Passeri Park
SCENE:
The Idol Fanclub Trials
TIME:
Pre-Arc 2
PARTICIPANTS:
Shishido Takakazu, Passeri Park
The Idol Fanclub Trials
That had been perplexing. For all they had in common with one another, Passeri's fans still managed to surprise her. It was the flames of passion, she reckoned, that drove such otherwise normal people to these heights of ridiculousness. Flames that she had to admit she was a bit proud of fanning to life.

"Oh, you did promise me those, didn't you? Five bucks, too." This man that she was supposedly going to help, however, was incorrigible. Every other sentence he spoke was a complaint, and she'd hardly forgotten that he'd threatened to kill her only moments ago. Amongst the gaggle of fans that had gathered to meet her today, he stuck out like a sore thumb, and not only because of the stagnant void that he represented in this otherwise lush ocean of energy for her Potential.

"I do expect those, okay? A deal is a deal! So I hope you haven't made any promises you can't keep." It might have seemed petty for Passeri, a diva fettered in gold, to demand such meager payments, and that's because it was. For once, she didn't have an angle to play here. Her decision to help the rugged young man had been entirely spontaneous. So, what was the problem with her having a bit of fun with it?

"I have to ask, though, why are you hanging around those guys? You hardly seem to get along, and you clearly didn't wanna be here, either. What's up with that? What's so special that such a cranky guy like you would put up with all that bluster?" She fixed him with an impish smile. "Maybe there's a special someone in their ranks?" Opposites did attract, after all, and Passeri had certainly seen stranger pairings in her time than a hobo and an idol fanatic. "If you've got some ulterior motives, I sing a lot of love songs, you know! Maybe I could help set the mood?"

Elias Yumin
SCENE:
Clad in Golden Dreams
TIME:
June 16th, 2022 | Post Arc 3, TimeSkip 1
PARTICIPANTS:
Clad in Golden Dreams

“No, quite the opposite. I asked if I could help you~”

Elias couldn’t say he’d expected the mousy Tiger rookie/server to step out from under the table, though he was impressed that she did; Talking to someone face to face was much easier than talking face to table.

Studying the short girl with lifeless dark gray eyes, from her mumble to the way she averted her eyes, Elias wondered if he cut an intimidating figure. He didn’t think so. But, then again, some of his employees had commented on his serious/broody face that showed when he was deeply focused on something. It was something Meirin had bluntly pointed out, back when they first met, as well–a flaw in his otherwise perfect acting.

“I’m in the Albino Tiger gang–a rookie–as well, you see,” A charming, amiable smile stretched across his face. “Elijah Anamnesis. Though, for tonight, I’m just Elias Yumin.”

He’d have taken her hand if he didn’t think she’d wilt or jump away from it. Having worked in his father’s company for 5 years, quickly climbing the ranks through a combination of talent and nepotism–more the former because his father wasn’t actually stupid enough to give away the company to someone who couldn’t keep it running–Elias was trained to recognize certain traits in people; Traits that qualified them for the Entertainment Industry. From their posture to the natural confidence/charisma they exuded, analyzing and assessing the talents that could make the company money was part of the job description, after all…along with investment trends, market flow, budget allocation, etc.

In any case, it was easy to see that the small girl wasn’t someone who liked to be noticed.

Or, perhaps, she simply didn’t want to be noticed at the moment.

His eyes followed where she occasionally peeked, the very direction he’d been keeping an eye on in case something exciting happened. Seeing who she was trying to avoid was incredibly easy. Or maybe it was just him. Maybe he was just good at noticing things. Some people had a knack for details while others didn’t. “I don't know your full intentions, but I can't imagine hiding under a table to be a very fun way to spend a party,” It left her stuck there until the person she was trying to escape from left on their own.Wouldn't a mask, or a disguise, work just as well if you're trying to avoid someone? In fact, I have a brilliant idea–”

He started to lead the mousy girl in the direction of the restrooms. However, before he could get very far, their scruffy distraction turned his gaze towards his fellow server, recognition lighting those dark eyes.

Elias reacted instinctively, stepping forward to shield the small girl from Glasses’ (Denzou’s) line of sight before the well-groomed man could also turn his gaze in their direction; Blocked her from the underdressed ‘‘server’ rushing in their direction as well. That gave her approximately 3 seconds to duck back under the table, dart to another table, or escape however she wanted. Or she could stay and confront them. It didn’t matter to Elias either way.

Holding back the exasperated sigh that threatened to escape his lips, Elias snatched another champagne flute from a passing server before smiling pleasantly at the other Tiger rookie who’d caught his attention tonight. Oblivious, unkempt, unruly, brash, but also vastly entertaining. Or, perhaps Elias only found himself entertained because high-class party settings bored him. “May I help you?”

From the corner of his eye, Elias could see the Tiger King acting curiously, sending away his entourage which meant 1) He was up to something 2) He was making himself more approachable. Was there someone he was trying to drawn in? Parties themselves were boring affairs. What made them entertaining were the people. Sadly, telling business associates and high end ‘friends’ that he thought they were boring didn’t quite cut it in his world. Making a mental note to stop by the Tiger King table at least once, if only to say hi to the leader of the gang he’d paid his way into, Elias turned his attention back to the gangster that was trying, and failing, to be a server.

@Haste Lucem Lucem Elenion Aura Elenion Aura The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit miki miki thebigfella thebigfella simj26 simj26 @AriAriAbabwa

Last edited:
amari
SCENE:
ain't that a kick
TIME:
vague shrug
PARTICIPANTS:
devin, amari
ain't that a kick
Amari could hear the plant getting even more agitated and she couldn't help but risk a glance behind her. She regretted it immediately as she watched multiple trees fly through the air. Thankfully, the plants aim was absolutely fucking atrocious, but it still spooked her.

“Nah, nah, nah. FUCK this shit, I am not dealing with this."

She let out a yelp as a tree flew by, a bit too close to her for comfort, and she forced herself to run even faster. Once Amari made it to her exit and her limbs returned to normal, she looked back at the plant and flipped it off before yelling, “I'd say it was nice ta meet ya, but it wasn't. Fuck you, plant."

Amari got more than a couple of weird looks from passersby but paid little mind to it as she glared at the plant. Her gaze lowered to Devin and she just gave him a small wave of goodbye.

That was more than enough for her and decided it would be best not to stick around any longer. With a final salute, Amari crossed the street, turned left, and jogged away. She couldn't stop thinking about what happened the whole way home.

That had to have been one of the strangest interactions she'd had in a while.

She needed to tell Soph all about it.

Misuteeku Misuteeku

CAIO SANTANA COELHO
SCENE MUSIC:
TIME:
~2004, Pre-Arc 1
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri ( The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit ) Caio
Captives of The System

He laughed so hard he would have cried at the suggestion that he was anything close to rich if not for the flustered response Brandy had at the suggestion. He took a moment to catch his breath knowing that there must be a dozen thoughts spinning through her head. He gave the girl a wide grin feeling more relaxed than he had been since meeting her.

“Calm down dude. Unfortunately, I am not rich. I lifted it off some previous uh people my dad bought from. Don’t worry about it.”

He reached out his hand to ruffle her pretty silver hair the same way his older brother had done to him a dozen times. It was always enough to make him redirected whenever he was in a bad mood so he figured that it was enough to help cool her down.

“You’re just a little munchkin after all huh? The only thing you should be worrying about is where to spend the cash. If we have a deal that is?”

Sang-Cheol Man
SCENE:
The Woodsman and The Duckling
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1 |
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Mimi
The Woodsman and The Duckling

"Oh, thank you." Sang-Cheol smiled as he massaged his now free arm. While the damage was done, it was nice to have air circulating through his punctured arm. If anything, it told him that the woman in front of him was nice. After all, the creation didn't fall from the creator.

"And I'd appreciate it if you don't say the Professor's title like that." For the first time, the tone of the lab worker's voice became agitated. However, his expression softened. "Well, who isn't a druggie? While I don't partake in drugs myself, I'm pretty sure a good 80% of the populace in the North takes drugs on a daily basis." Whether it was for pleasure or for health, Sang-Cheol didn't differentiate since drugs and medicine meant the same thing to him.

To her retort on whether she should follow him, Sang-Cheol replied in the same casual manner. "Well, it's raining, isn't it? It'd be better to take cover and wait for it to die down. Plus, the place is nearby." In truth, Sang-Cheol didn't know whether or not the lab was nearby. Though, he had a feeling it was. He could remember the location of the lab, no matter where it was moved like it was the back of his hand.

"I mean, aren't you technically a pushover for delivering a package on a rainy day like this? Kinda like a gopher?" If anything, didn't her actions and situation describe her as a pushover? Despite the content of Sang-Cheol's words being a jab, it was a genuine question that he asked the lady. When the lady continued, Sang-Cheol only tilted his head. "In that case, shouldn't we find cover away from the crazies? My Professor's pretty strong. I'm sure he can resolve your problem." His Professor helped him out of a 'shitty' situation, so he was sure that he could help the lady in front of him now.

Reaching over and grabbing the corpse, he lifted it over his shoulder. "Well, in any case, it was nice meeting you." The added pressure burned his shoulder, but Sang-Cheol gritted through it. "I have to get going now; I don't wanna be late. You should probably get going if you want to meet your deadline!" They were both in a hurry, after all, so they shouldn't waste too much time. The last time he came back from a mission late, he had to listen through Aristotle's symphony as punishment.

"Also, if you don't find shelter, head over toward that direction." Within the darkness of the rain, Sang-Cheol's silhouette pointed toward the direction he was heading. "It's a place called Lab Icarus. My Professor owns it. I hope you have a nice day!" With that, Sang-Cheol proceeded to head back to the lab.

Devin Cena
SCENE:
Ain't that a kick
PARTICIPANTS:
Devin, Amari
Ain't that a kick

As Amari disappeared through the door, George roared once more. George charged through the door, but there was a fatal error in its plan of action. One was that George was three times the height of the door. The other was that it was still carrying the trees that it was chucking at the lupine HP. One last thing was that most of its momentum lay on the bottom half, not the upper half.

In an instant, the plant crashed through the building. Rubble and debris fell on top of the plant burying it under cement. It let out a sound similar to a tree falling before everything fell silent. All that was left was a wake of destruction from where Amari had met George to George chasing Amari.

Devin's head popped out of the dirt. After having his head bumped into a variety of roots, rocks, tree stumps, and more, everything seemed to be in a daze. He was sure that he obtained a concussion through the process.

"Ain't that a kick..."
Devin slurred.

angel doe angel doe

Users who are viewing this thread

• miki
Back