New Game?

Ah, you see, my reading of your last post made it seem as though they share the benefits of the backgrounds they purchase together. Meaning, combined they would get the benefits of Arsenal 1 and Family 3. With how you've just explained it, yes, that is definitely more efficient. :P

I was thinking part of the appeal of a Wyld Hunt game is that we travel to wherever we hear reports of Anathema. I would love missions on the Blessed Isle and each Direction.

On Backgrounds:

I have no plans on shared ones.

Just to be sure, the Backgrounds Artifact, Familiar, Manse, Resources, Connections, Reputation, Destiny and Face are all prohibeted?

No, I believe those are just the backgrounds with which you can't benefit from the "shared" option.

No problem. Though, my word isn't official of course. If SRC really wanted those backgrounds banned, I imagine he'll correct us. :P

I'm down with missions anywhere, but I don't imagine they will be short enough to have us traveling frequently across multiple Directions...

The game might go to several Directions, but not likely to go all over, at least not at the begining. It's easier to let several groups handle their own area, than to have them move around much, due to travel times, unless there is a specific need for their unique abilities.

And as fhg said, the other Backgrounds can be taken, they just can't be Shared.

Question: can we hope to get non classical Mentor ?

I'd like to go with Golden Jannissary... or maybe VBoS (if allowed) to strike down the unclean !

Heh... >_>

[QUOTE="The Manuals of Exalted Power: The Sidereals]The Violet Bier of Sorrows Style is a Celestial martial art. A Sidereal sifu could teach it to anyone who could learn such martial arts—most notably, other Celestial Exalted or Dragon-Blooded trained as Immaculate martial artists—but the elders of the Five-Score Fellowship all forbid this, regardless of their faction. Teaching the style to anyone except other Sidereals or authorized gods in the Bureau of Destiny is a Severity 4 offense.

[/QUOTE]
Also, just to make sure you know cyl, the Immaculates and Golden Janissary dojos don't really get along. GJS also visually seems an awful bit suspicious... :P

[QUOTE="Scroll of the Monk]This style has even fewer adherents in regions where the Immaculate Order has a powerful grip. Monastic warriors of the Order often resent the intrusion of a secular school in the war against fell creatures. Where the Order has little influence, martial artists of this style work with the Immaculates or, more likely, conflict with them. Such confl icts rarely end well for the secular warriors, since their style concentrates on fighting the unnatural instead of Creation’s proper denizens. Some Golden Janissary attacks also manifest a golden fire the Immaculates find… suspicious.

[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of a calm practical soldier type, a "Patrician" Air Aspect who is actually an Iselsi working for the All-Seeing Eye. Could probably do him as a monk, since we seem to have a dearth of Immaculates so far.

fhgwdads05 said:
The Violet Bier of Sorrows Style is a Celestial martial art. A Sidereal sifu could teach it to anyone who could learn such martial arts—most notably' date=' other Celestial Exalted or Dragon-Blooded trained as Immaculate martial artists—but the elders of the Five-Score Fellowship all forbid this, regardless of their faction. [b']Teaching the style to anyone except other Sidereals or authorized gods in the Bureau of Destiny is a Severity 4 offense.[/b]
I knew this, but it's not like the siddies haven't bent the rules before !

I edited my message. And yeah, I know this is true, but with the DB free use of Reflexives, it becomes a bit... cheesy. Also, you've gotta remember that SRC doesn't have MoEP: Sidereals. >_>

That's true.

Plus, how would you explain to the Immaculates and the Wyld Hunt you're trying to serve how you know an Anathema style that is unknown to the rest of Creation? It'd be even more difficult than trying to get them to trust you if you were a student of Golden Janissary. :P

I hate to be a buzzkill man, I hope I didn't ruin anything... >_>

I might allow that, but I'll have to look over the MA style first. But this isn't for an Immaculate Monk. They must first master an appropriate style.

But this is something that might be better represented after you gain the XP, not for your basic character.

Yeah, I'm going with a Dynast Wood Aspect, and since the Archery tree is so tiny, I'll either practice some Wood Dragon Style along with it, or make up some custom charms (and I'll certanly run them by SRC first).

My Earth Aspect may or may not turn into a Water Aspect - I haven't yet decided. Regardless, the character will most likely still practice the Earth Dragon MA.

I'll probably have my Air Aspect grab Air Dragon Style at some point. Probably not at chargen, cause excellencies and the thrown tree is awesome. But Air Dragon eventually.

That's on my list, but I can't combo them with Archery charms or create new charms that "branch" out from the style (yuk yuk yuk)

Users who are viewing this thread