• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Mystery and Intrigue in Warhammer 40k!

Scottfree

Alriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! Time for my barely comprehensible and overly excited plot rambling!

Basically I was browsing the Warhammer 40k Lexicanum and came across a ghost ship called the Celestion. After reading what little info there was, it gave me the idea to do something involving a ghost ship, or maybe an abandoned station. Basically what I was thinking was having a group come across something (ship or otherwise) that had been completely abandoned... As if everyone just casually dropped what they were doing and strolled right out. And they would be tasked with finding out what had happened.

I have a few ideas of which route to take this in, and the above description could change depending on what I decide on. Also, I'm leaning more towards an instillation or base, or even a town/city/village/etc. I'd love to bounce ideas off people if anyone would be interested.

I know for a fact that all Imperium based characters would be allowed, I'm not sure about much beyond that at the moment. And that's all I've got right now!

I was thinking about the group investigating being a mixed group. Kinda like a detachment from a main battle force.

Scottfree said:
I was thinking about the group investigating being a mixed group. Kinda like a detachment from a main battle force.
The easiest way to do that would be if an inquisitor was sent.

They can hire anyone, and often have a very varied group.

And everyone missing suddenly does scream shenanigans so one being sent makes sense.

-Zedalb

I agree with zedalb the easiest way to produce a mixed group is to use an inquisitor. Also why do they have to be a detachment it could just be a small force, it unlikely for the the imperium to send an entire strike force to engage unless it is classified as a space hulk then a large force of space marines would be sent.

That train of thought was coming from the idea that a large force was going to a certain target and they came across it along the way. But it was mostly just a random thought on the fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back