MTA: Alakazam! (Pulp genre)

RetroCity

Ron Swanson's Pyramid of Greatness
I'm thinking of running a mage the awakening game of the pulp genre so during the 1950s. You can expect action and adventures, mysteries to be uncovered, ancient civilizations ruins to explore, Mad Scientists and Unspeakable Horrors!

While the paths and orders do exist during these times, this game is not going to be heavily politics and the orders have been slightly changed to fit the pulp genre. I would like to start with a cabal of 4 to 6 players, who are of course interested in going out there and explore places and the likes.

There is one houserule that I will use for this game, to represent more the pulp genre, when making your character you have 12 dots of attributes and 22 dots of skills that you can distribute as you see fit.

Some links for pulp genres inspiration:

[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYfdWqVVeRw[/media]

If you have questions and the likes, feel free to ask.

Indeed it would be fun! Glad to see some interest, hopefully it will gather more interest.

alright let me summarize them:

Adamantine Arrow: It's a mage paramilitary operation, basically training mage special forces in a time of high adventures and actions, their bodyguards and soldiers are needed everywhere.

Mysterium: No changes, still bookworm anthropologist, Indiana jones style!

Silver Ladder: Still the rich guys and in charge.

Guardian of the Veil: Spies and assassins, they tend to be very secretive. The guardian of the veil are essentially ruled by secret masters and nobody knows what is their end game.

Freedom Council: The freedom council is simply a group of revolutionary trying to break the archaic orders of the mages and make it become more like a republic, the American way so to speak, essentially they want to seperate from the European feudal style of mage society. So they are against elders and nobles ruling but still are great heroes for the mage society and encourages the progresses of Weird Sciences.

let see books, Mage the awakening core book of course, and I have most the supplements so should be fine. Legacies are in use but please keep in mind that it will be about action and adventures, some legacies tenets might not be appropriate for a pulp genre mage game. So for example if you take a legacy requiring you to live like a hermit...not very fitting for the game.

Merits encouraged: Well pulp heroes tend to be larger than life and exceptional individuals, so anything going toward that goal is encouraged. Artifacts and possible places for you to do research on your own like your library are welcome. A personal sanctum will not be as useful as you will probably not be in town for too long before going on adventures. There will be ways to regenerate mana mainly through exploration and finding places where you can collect mana.

Hmm, possibly interested here, if somebody who's never played Mage before (or, for that matter, anything more than Mortals: The Fleeing) is alright. Pondering an Acanthus Dynamic Thrill-seeker type.

Well you definitely have my interest for this one. Plus I really liked the Bob Morane animation it all its Samurai Jack style prettiness.

Sweet 3 players, might not be too bad, I think I'll make an official submission later today.

Another one new to Mage expressing interest here; though i'll probably need some help deciding the concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back