• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lizard's Shout

Lotusy

Pink Enthusiast
Y'all use this to talk, k? K.

Well, feel free to chat and ask each other how to develop character relationships. Since this is my first time trying out the relationships thing, we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, @GingerBread, @AtlasAtrium, @MTchaos1134, and @metalcity. Now that we've got quite a few people here, would y'all like to start adding character relationships? Hopefully that will foster more conversation between us and stuff. For an example, just check out the ones I've written up for Guillermo, Rosa, and Oliver. In fact, I'll start off the conversation.

Gingy, is it ok if Rosa knows Carlos pretty well, since she'd got to him a lot to get her car fixed?

^Something like that.

Lotusy said:
Alright, @GingerBread, @AtlasAtrium, @MTchaos1134, and @metalcity. Now that we've got quite a few people here, would y'all like to start adding character relationships? Hopefully that will foster more conversation between us and stuff. For an example, just check out the ones I've written up for Guillermo, Rosa, and Oliver. In fact, I'll start off the conversation.
Gingy, is it ok if Rosa knows Carlos pretty well, since she'd got to him a lot to get her car fixed?

^Something like that.
Yeah, it makes sense for her to know him after all :)

If anyone else wants to know Carlos then just ask.

Hm, I'll throw in how I imagine my characters would interact with the others -

[María]

Guillermo: Admires his dedication, writes most of the flyers and menus

Rosa: Has fun with her car rides and socializing in general

Oliver: Enjoys playing with him in either form, though she can get exhausted very quickly

Carlos: Is concerned for his well-being, worried about accidents while working or operating guns

Pip: Loves to pet her all the time

Alex: Likes to share gossip about personal experiences and people they might know

Wendy: Tries to encourage her to be a better person with little success

[Wendy]

Guillermo: Helps out around the cantina. She probably criticizes his mistakes and gives him attitude, but sees him as a kind of guardian figure

Rosa: Very, very afraid of her due to a certain 'incident' that occured while Rosa was driving

Oliver: Sees him as a gross man-child, but has a weak spot for his dog form

Carlos: Likes to screw with his work and has a tendency to steal his guns - despite all of this, she doesn't actually harbor any hostility

Pip: Treats her like a beloved family pet

Alex: Likes to pick fights and challenge him in good sport, although her tactics are a little underhanded. . .

María: Hardly even notices she's there. Feels a bit bad for her, though

AtlasAtrium said:
Hm, I'll throw in how I imagine my characters would interact with the others -
[María]

Guillermo: Admires his dedication, writes most of the flyers and menus

Rosa: Has fun with her car rides and socializing in general

Oliver: Enjoys playing with him in either form, though she can get exhausted very quickly

Carlos: Is concerned for his well-being, worried about accidents while working or operating guns

Pip: Loves to pet her all the time

Alex: Likes to share gossip about personal experiences and people they might know

Wendy: Tries to encourage her to be a better person with little success

[Wendy]

Guillermo: Helps out around the cantina. She probably criticizes his mistakes and gives him attitude, but sees him as a kind of guardian figure

Rosa: Very, very afraid of her due to a certain 'incident' that occured while Rosa was driving

Oliver: Sees him as a gross man-child, but has a weak spot for his dog form

Carlos: Likes to screw with his work and has a tendency to steal his guns - despite all of this, she doesn't actually harbor any hostility

Pip: Treats her like a beloved family pet

Alex: Likes to pick fights and challenge him in good sport, although her tactics are a little underhanded. . .

María: Hardly even notices she's there. Feels a bit bad for her, though
Wow. That's actually really good. Like above and beyond my expectations. Just throwing in a bit of my own input:

Rosa and María: I like the idea that they're a social pair, actually. Of course, there's about a 12-something year age gap between the two of them, so maybe María's her boss in the restaurant or something of the sort? I guess it just depends on when María started working at the cantina. I'd give Rosa an estimation of ~11 years or so, as a reference.

Rosa and Wendy: In terms of this "incident", would you like me to make something up, or could we just refer to it cryptically as "the incident"?

Oliver and María: It's good to see that someone likes Oliver! Of course, in his eyes, he probably wouldn't stop even if she was tired, so every time they meet, we might need someone to pull him away or something, you know?

But otherwise, it's all pretty swell! I think I'll take an approach like yours, just give me a few minutes.

Well, thanks for showing me up guys. Really appreciate it ;^;

Really though, I like it. Wish I knew how Carlos would interact with people. He's kinda a wild card right now, since I haven't RPed as him yet.

And I haven't read everyone's character sheet. I was too busy doing BBCode

You know I just had a thought. When Carlos first summons a gun that works first time, he'll be pointing it at either himself or something explosive, not thinking it will go off.

GingerBread said:
You know I just had a thought. When Carlos first summons a gun that works first time, he'll be pointing it at either himself or something explosive, not thinking it will go off.
Has he considered firing at a regular target :o

Damnson, this took a long time.

-Guillermo and the crew-

Skelly Papa:

Carlos - Likes him a lot, even gives him the nickname "Carlitos". He feels like Carlos embodies the true Mexican spirit Maloa needs, but not the one it deserves. He also likes jam and salsa.

María - As one of the older members of his staff/ a generally good friend, Guillermo really appreciates María's help, especially given that he can't really read English very well.

Wendy - Really appreciates how unique Wendy and her situation are. For three hundred years, he's watched many, many children of Maloa grow up and move out (or move on), but he's never seen a fiery attitude like Wendy's.

Pip - Doesn't really know much about her, but really likes her as a good rat exterminator.

Alex - Alex kinda confuses Guillermo, especially since he's a fish man in the middle of the Mexican plains. Of course, that doesn't deter him from talking to him - he just thinks there's something fishy about him. (Maybe they can be buds, since Guillermo doesn't have any skin or something?)

Dale (This is for the Bear) - Guillermo likes to think of Dale as a nice old friend... that just so happens to like throwing carrots and cursing at him angrily. Even if the feeling isn't mutual, Guillermo really likes Dale - though the problem may be that the skeleton just obsessively steals Dale's carrots to use in his salsa.

The Fast and the Furious:

Carlos - A friendship forged out of necessity, Rosa usually hangs out a lot with Carlos for the hella long maintenance times on her car, which usually totals itself in one high-speed drive. Of course, Carlos is actually her friend, so it's nothing transactional in nature.

María - As her superior in work, Rosa respects María, but as a friend, she enjoys her company. Usually, she'll be found trying to convince María to wake up, or maybe stuffing her in the car for a high-speed beltless joyride.

Wendy - Rosa's always kinda stayed away from her ever since her "incident", which has made her a bit self-concious about her driving self - though it doesn't stop her from running over dead bodies and stuff

Pip - Since Rosa's not really into going near rats, she doesn't get to see Pip much, but it's not like that deters her from showing Pip some affection when she's around.

Alex - As a mutual friend of María, Rosa does her best to make friends with Alex, but he reminds her too much of seafood to stick around him for too long.

Dale: Rosa doesn't really get to talk much to Dale, but it's not like she wants too, considering she's usually acting as a getaway driver for Guillermo when he steals Dale's carrots. To be fair, she only sees his angry side, but that's enough to deter her from talking to him, anyways.

Shapeshifting Mastiff Furry:

Carlos, María, Wendy, Pip, Alex, Dale - SLOBBERSLOBBERSLOBBER jk.

Carlos - Oliver thinks that Carlos is so cool, like a magician kind of cool. The way he can summon guns out of thin air is really, really enthralling for Oliver to watch, and it's one of the time he actually doesn't think of slobbering on a person. Also, he loves the jam.

María - Since María is one of the few people who doesn't try and push him away, he loves her to death - except that he's so energetic around her, that may as well be the case. Usually, an intermediate with enough strength to pry him away is needed.

Wendy - Oliver doesn't know the meaning of "Man-child", but he's starting to get the clue that Wendy thinks he's less creepy as a dog. Of course, as a kid, he first expected her to be bouncing off the walls alongside him, but he'd settle for not getting kicked, too.

Pip - Usually, whenever he'a near Pip, somebody has to restrain him. The hybrid animal is just the right size for him to tussle with, except he's way too energetic and rough to fight with anyone, really. The most likely case would end up with both of them in the hospital.

Alex - Apparently, everyone keeps telling Oliver to stay away from Alex, but Oliver doesn't really know why. All the dog thinks is that he gets red from excitement, and that he suddenly starts doing drugs or something. It's kinda weird.

Dale - Though he's not as infamous as his owner, Guillermo, when it comes to carrot theft, but he's pretty darn close. In fact, he thinks the screaming, profanity, and carrot throwing is all fun and games, and tries to slobber on Dale at any chance he gets.

(Crew stuff is already added, and the Dale stuff will make sense once the Bear posts.)

Oh man time to update the list already ;)

[María]

Morgan: Although Morgan is often one to give advice, María does her best to offer her own counseling and encouragement to him.

Dale: Finds Dale's aggressive nature to be endearing somehow. Apologizes to him on behalf of the Lizard's Shout crew and tries to make it up.

[Wendy]

Morgan: Thinks he is a major hypocrite. She also maaay be a small factor in some of his money problems. . .

Dale: Often tags along with Guillermo to tease and provoke him for the fun of it, usually nabs some carrots herself.

AtlasAtrium said:
Oh man time to update the list already ;)
[María]

Morgan: Although Morgan is often one to give advice, María does her best to offer her own counseling and encouragement to him.

Dale: Finds Dale's aggressive nature to be endearing somehow. Apologizes to him on behalf of the Lizard's Shout crew and tries to make it up.

[Wendy]

Morgan: Thinks he is a major hypocrite. She also maaay be a small factor in some of his money problems. . .

Dale: Often tags along with Guillermo to tease and provoke him for the fun of it, usually nabs some carrots herself.
AtlasAtrium said:
[Wendy]

AtlasAtrium said:
AtlasAtrium said:
AtlasAtrium said:
She also maaay be a small factor in some of his money problems. . .
AtlasAtrium said:
She also maaay be a small factor in some of his money problems. . .
I should have known....

Here we go.

Guillermo:a nice source for carrots and bones, if one of his bone is missing, it's probably pip, she also enjoys hanging around the skeleton when not with someone else, or chasing rats.

Rosa: pip enjoys watching her drive, and Rosa's affection. Pip would also steal carrots from her as well after they take it from dale.

Oliver: pip becomes exited when she sees Oliver. She loves to play and tussle with him, though both of them end up getting hurt or breaking somthing. When no one is paying attention pip tries to go to Oliver to tussle and play. But sometimes she uses her great speed to get away when she does not want to play, and is busy chasing rats.

Carlos: usally visits him so she can have jam, that's about it. Besides from trying to terrifying once in a while.

María:pip enjoys being around her, and seems to understand she has illnesses and other things. So she would try to keep her company and also try to keep her happy. By offering carrots and other things.

Wendy:pip usally helps her with thievery and other things she wants to do, as long as Wendy gives her food afterwards, other then that she enjoys being treated as a family pet by her, and will give her dead rats as though she never seen Wendy actually eat them.

Alex: pip smells,Alex as a fish that is waiting to be eaten, but yet they look like a human somewhat, so she is usally conflicted on what to do with him, she usally tries to avoid him, so she would not think about what to do with them.

Mary:pip seems jealous of her, but not even pip herself knows why, so she would prank Mary, throw things at her, or just stay away from her. And in rare cases punch her or bite. So people usally have to keep pip away from Mary.

Morgan: pip usally watches and helps him out. She usally tries to avoid direct eye contact with him though, and tries to not touch him. This kind of behavior has only been seen towards Morgan.

Dale: pip usally watches dale yell and throw carrots at people, more specifically the skeleton, and is somewhat influenceing her, once in a while she would join dale and scream and ramble and chirps, squeaks and other noises. While throwing her own carrots. Usally directly into the getaway vehicle,which means more carrots for the skeleton thief and getaway driver.

Or they would just hit dales building, carrots smashing and breaking on his wall due to the force used. This usally leaves dents, she also tries to hang out with dale. But it ends up going wrong somehow.

(This is just a concept, it may change soon.)

And she has enough intelligence to know that the green paper and metal circles get her stuff.

Which is also probably why Morgan has a money problem.

I don't really feel like adding to my cs for more characters, so I'm putting the stuff here. (Guillermo, Rosa, and Oliver are on my character sheet)

Pip: Dale's sidekick for when Guillermo visits. He appreciates all the help he can get in pegging the old skeleton, and seemes to never notice all the dents she accidentally puts in his shed, or all the wayward carrots that fly into Rosa's van.

María: He calls her "The only person in the whole goddamm town with manners".

Wendy: to him, she's another one of the carrot thieves. You know how Dale is with carrot thieves.

SovietBear said:
I don't really feel like adding to my cs for more characters, so I'm putting the stuff here. (Guillermo, Rosa, and Oliver are on my character sheet)
Pip: Dale's sidekick for when Guillermo visits. He appreciates all the help he can get in pegging the old skeleton, and seemes to never notice all the dents she accidentally puts in his shed. (If this wasn't what you had in mind, let me know)

María: He calls her "The only person in the whole goddamm town with manners".

Wendy: to him, she's another one of the carrot thieves. You know how Dale is with carrot thieves.
She I itentionaly throws them at the shed sometimes, she actually throws them evrey where but the skeleton. Which is usally the shed or inside the car.

(Has been edited.)

So I would like to preface all of this, with the fact that these are not 100% accurate descriptions, Though they may turn out to be

Guillermo - Carlos Thinks he's a tad bit strange, with the amount of skellington jokes he makes, but otherwise gets along with him. Not to mention he enjoys the salsa that Guillermo always seems to have on hand. But he's not too fond of chugging it, though he's easily convinced to do it.

Rosa - Carlos always likes seeing Rosa around, if only for the fact that she normally always brings a car for him to completely strip apart and put back together fix. But because of how often she seems to need him to fix up her van, he tends to get along with her, or at least tries his best to.

Oliver - Carlos likes Oliver purely for the fact that he makes him feel like his power to summon pretty much useless guns, is a cool power to have. But he's not to fond of Oliver asking him for Jam, since he can only summon it in his hand and not anywhere else. Oliver normally doesn't need a reason to slobber over anyone, But Carlos only being able to summon the jam in his hand gives Oliver the perfect reason to. Either way he'd have to go wash his hands before he goes back to Striping down Rosa's van tinkering. But Carlos likes Oliver overall, though he could do without the slobbering.

Carlos - Carlos really likes Carlos and thinks he's the best mechanic

María - Carlos appreciates María's concern for his safety, though he brushes her off and tells her that he's the greatest mechanic in the world, normally before something exploding or shooting himself in the foot.

Wendy - Carlos Doesn't appreciate how she always tries to mess with his work, so he always tries to have his monkey wrench at hand when he thinks she might come around and mess up what he was working all. Carlos also has a suspicion that she keeps stealing his guns, so he makes sure he no longer tinkers with his guns to get them to work unless he needs one.

Pip - Carlos isn't sure what to think of Pip, since he thinks she looks a bit odd. Though Carlos likes the fact that she keeps the rats away.

Alex - Carlos doesn't really have much of an opinion of Alex, but he does end up craving seafood whenever Alex is around.

Dale - Carlos has no actual idea who Dale is, but he does know of him since he hears about him from Rosa and Guillermo, so he only really knows bits and pieces, mainly the fact that he likes to throw carrots.

Morgan - ( I honestly don't want Carlos to know about Morgan, until they meet for the first time in Rp. In your face @Loki :P )

And those are the only things I can be bothered to write about all of that. Anyone else will have to meet Carlos in Rp

Alright, guys, I guess it's about time to start! I'll send the intro post in a bit, but for now, let's get things sorted. I'm splitting off Rosa, and Guillermo and Oliver, so do two people want me to start the interaction?

Lotusy said:
Alright, guys, I guess it's about time to start! I'll send the intro post in a bit, but for now, let's get things sorted. I'm splitting off Rosa, and Guillermo and Oliver, so do two people want me to start the interaction?
I'm two people ;)

(jk)

I'm not sure what to write for Alex's stuff with out rewriting some of the ones made for him. So I will kinda use them or think them up during interactions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back