• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building L'Empire des Ombres (Empire of Shadows)

I will post to the rp tomorrow. RPN didn't alert me to post in the IC section (Though I swore I clicked watch thread.)

@Maven if you are still accepting , i was thinking of being a religious figure in Valais.

Do you have an idea of the kind of religion the Imperium follows that is should i base it upon Catholicism or upon greko-roman belief systems.

Maven said:
We actually do have a religion. Let me put the link here.
@TheElusiveShadow

The is the religion that I have been working on.

Faith of the Divines - IIwiki
I have to say good job on that, but i did have some questions

I'm assuming that the title of high cleric is equivalent to that of a Bishop ?

If so can a High cleric own lands,amass wealth,Marry and have children?

oh, can he also hold positions in the court - chancellor,diplomat,almoner etc ? (many times in Europe these positions were filled by bishops,cardinals etc.)

I'm actually Catholic IRL so I do understand the hierarchy of the Catholic Church. It's pretty rare for a High Cleric to own lands that are substantial, however it is not uncommon and yes they typically can hold Courtly positions.

As for marrying, and having children unlike the Catholic faith the Divine Faith encourages this of their clergy.

Amassing wealth is seen as worldly gain and is not encouraged by the Sacellarium, should a Cleric (of any level ) amass substantial wealth the Cleric will be forced by the Sacellarium to donate large portions of said wealth to prevent worldly vices.

Understand that as a Matriarchal Religion the position of High Cleric is the highest level a man can hope to achieve and it would be exceedingly rare, he would have to be proven to be exceptionally devout.

Maven said:
I'm actually Catholic IRL so I do understand the hierarchy of the Catholic Church. It's pretty rare for a High Cleric to own lands that are substantial, however it is not uncommon and yes they typically can hold Courtly positions.
As for marrying, and having children unlike the Catholic faith the Divine Faith encourages this of their clergy.

Amassing wealth is seen as worldly gain and is not encouraged by the Sacellarium, should a Cleric (of any level ) amass substantial wealth the Cleric will be forced by the Sacellarium to donate large portions of said wealth to prevent worldly vices.

Understand that as a Matriarchal Religion the position of High Cleric is the highest level a man can hope to achieve and it would be exceedingly rare, he would have to be proven to be exceptionally devout.
All right I think I have some ideas , you can expect a CS by tomorrow .

[QUOTE="The Elusive Shadow]All right I think I have some ideas , you can expect a CS by tomorrow .

[/QUOTE]
Marvelous! Just be sure to PM it to me for review.

Due to the Site moving we will be placing this RP on hold until I post here saying otherwise. Please be mindful of that and have a very enjoyable Friday!

@Nateorious @NorbertM @Jabroni

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]Can I interact with NPC Provincial leaders, with you running it all of course.

[/QUOTE]
Yes, be sure to tag me and I will handle the NPC leaders :D

Cool cool, planning of meeting with the leader of Avinter primarily to see where they stand and (more importantly) whether they stand with the High Marches against the regent, for the position of local leaders is very important to whether I feel the need to pick a side and, of course, whether picking a side would actually help me keep my land safe. But also I would like to give our little Jarl a chance to bump into me

Last edited by a moderator:
Very well. Are you traveling to Avinter? Or would you be sending a messenger for them to come to you?

If you are going to Avinter their capital is Avenheim and their leader is Asmunda (Pretty much means High Priestess and is equivalent to High Queen) Astrid Wraeth.

I shall be riding there myself, no love is gained by fetching lords to visit you, especially not equals. I shall be riding with some of my men and I will probably stop at Maridus either on the way there or back. Yes a boat would be quicker but I think my King has had more then enough of the sea for now.

Make sure you account for at least a week's hard journey. Mountains are not forgiving to those that wish to venture forth (:3) Also in your post make sure you say you sent a messenger to Maridus for permission to cross their lands. Can't just go through them without asking. Would be improper and give them cause for war. Don't worry about the response. They will let you pass.

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]Of course, must always send word for permission to access land

[/QUOTE]
Send word to the High King of Maridus (High King Alvar V Rein) and his Steward Belor Svera. In your note or letter or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back